I give up, why do people behave this way?

black dog

Free America
As a kid who spent some time in Annapolis ( my mother lives there) and I owned a home there for about 10 years, I didnt get past.....
. I was talking to a parent from Annapolis who know this area and she said that many down here behave "entitled" and it makes it difficult when trying to work with them.

steppinthrax

First, they didn't like us country folk because we handled chit, kept to ourselves, & dumped the bodies in the wetlands around here.
Now it's because we're too nice & not dumping the bodies anymore...

Here's a novel idea Steppin...go back to B'more where life was so much better for you...

I've never heard of the bodies in the wetlands here. I don't care if people handled crap etc... I enjoy working with my hands, turning wrenches etc...

gemma_rae

:D:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

This is funny man... I didn't bring politics into this. But, I'm not a democrat. I also don't come across many who discuss politics. I didn't vote for DT, but I don't like the way he's being treated. If that somehow improves your opinion...
That sting you're trying your best ignore, that's the sting of having your covert racism slapped right in your face. Be careful walking back so fast, you wouldn't want to twist an ankle too.:lol:

Grumpy

You mean the existing group that complain about the Master Plan and Comprehensive plan because it's making Calvert less country? LOL
I moved down here because it's country. My eyes were wide open knowing that I would have a drive to work, a drive to stores and it was a slower pace...You act like there is something wrong with folks wanting Calvert to stay somewhat country.

steppinthrax

I moved down here because it's country. My eyes were wide open knowing that I would have a drive to work, a drive to stores and it was a slower pace...You act like there is something wrong with folks wanting Calvert to stay somewhat country.

It's going to change whether you like it or not. It's just a matter of time. That K-mart in PF is going to be converted to 6 or so stores. One of them being a Planet Fitness. That will put out of business the shitty Results Fitness in PF and possibly even the Owings location. As the pop increase so will more services and so will the push for convenience items such as Nat Gas, City water, sewer and country trash service.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Usually people complain that SoMD lifers are rude and unwelcoming. 😕
We've been here about 7 1/2 years, have not found a higher proportion of rude folks here than any other place we've lived around the country. I quite like most of the folks with whom I interact, and appreciate that though there are congested areas, the mindset seems to be to preserve the more rural nature of this part of the world.

PsyOps

Pixelated
So I've lived in Calvert County for about 9 years now. I'm originally from Baltimore. One thing I can't get adjusted too is the personality of people that live down here. Their behavior seems very naive and overly nice sometimes. It sometimes feels that many walked off the stage of the brady bunch. Some have a very limited view of the world, which consist of just Calvert County. I was talking to a parent from Annapolis who know this area and she said that many down here behave "entitled" and it makes it difficult when trying to work with them.

Is this a "suburb" behavior or maybe a "country" type of behavior?

Will you please provide me a full description of yourself, so when I see you I can treat you like crap, and make you feel more at home (like Baltimore)?

Well now, bless your heart. Aren’t you just a special kind of special?! The great thing about Calvert, or any other county, is that you can always choose another more appropriate place to live whenever you’d like. And that does not require any level of entitlement, naivety or nicety - simply find what makes you happy - then go THERE.

steppinthrax

Will you please provide me a full description of yourself, so when I see you I can treat you like crap, and make you feel more at home (like Baltimore)?

Sure, I'm a human being
I've lived in Calvert County for 15 years. What do you mean by entitled and overly naive? (or "country"?)

Could it be that you have the entitled, "metropolitan" type of mentality in that since you are from the "big city" - you are more worldly and knowledgeable and everyone down in Calvert County is a "hick" or "hayseed"?

Seems like you are projecting onto yourself. :yahoo::D

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
It's going to change whether you like it or not. It's just a matter of time. That K-mart in PF is going to be converted to 6 or so stores. One of them being a Planet Fitness. That will put out of business the shitty Results Fitness in PF and possibly even the Owings location. As the pop increase so will more services and so will the push for convenience items such as Nat Gas, City water, sewer and country trash service.
Way to keep it classy.

How did he get away with shitty?

You still didn't answer my question.

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB

When you say things like the above it just shows you still don't understand the restrictions the State has placed, as well as the federal government, on development.

City water and sewer? Not unless you're in Tier 2. You're in Tier 3 where you live. Central water and sewer is not planned to ever be installed and State or federal funding will not be available to do so.

Natural gas? Not in a million years. Or not until you can get every single household to pony up several tens of thousands of dollars each to run the main lines.

County trash service? Maybe. But more than just a literal handful of people have to want it and right now no one says that you have to take your trash to the compactor. There are at least a half dozen private contractors in Calvert who will pick up your trash at your house every week, Unless they go out of business the County won't create a department to do it. And even then that likely wouldn't happen.

Last edited:

Tommy Chong

Hey man, don't take those
So I've lived in Calvert County for about 9 years now. I'm originally from Baltimore. One thing I can't get adjusted too is the personality of people that live down here. Their behavior seems very naive and overly nice sometimes. It sometimes feels that many walked off the stage of the brady bunch. Some have a very limited view of the world, which consist of just Calvert County. I was talking to a parent from Annapolis who know this area and she said that many down here behave "entitled" and it makes it difficult when trying to work with them.

Is this a "suburb" behavior or maybe a "country" type of behavior?
Well, aren't you just a little ray of sunshine, Sunshine? Did you ever think for a red hot minute that your small minded friend from Annapolis may be the problem? Hmmm? Maybe we locals don't like uppity folks that come down and try to change our way of life to suit them, and then when we won't change it to suit them, they talk shitty about our home.

Last edited: