I have no respect for...

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Larry asks as a courtesy but if he ever tried to use me as an excuse for begging off his buddies would laugh their asses off.

"Sorry, wife says no deal :shrug:"
"Uh...did you get a new wife?? :confused:"

tlatchaw

Not dead yet.
Triggerfish said:
I didn't see any mention of kids either......that can complicate things too.

BINGO!

Lately I find I have a busy schedule more so from the kiddies than the wife. They get involved with stuff all over and the next thing you know, each weekend is triple booked (hers, mine, kids). Since she manages the kid calendars too, it's usually wise to check with her first.

As for the "thank you" thing: Had you expressed some reluctance to let him go do whatever it was? That's about the only time I thank my wife when I'm going out - she REALLY didn't want me to for some reason, but knew whatever it was I was going to do was important to me. If he says "thank you" every time you let him go out, you may want to seek counseling to find out why.

JMHO.

tlatchaw said:
BINGO!

Lately I find I have a busy schedule more so from the kiddies than the wife. They get involved with stuff all over and the next thing you know, each weekend is triple booked (hers, mine, kids). Since she manages the kid calendars too, it's usually wise to check with her first.

As for the "thank you" thing: Had you expressed some reluctance to let him go do whatever it was? That's about the only time I thank my wife when I'm going out - she REALLY didn't want me to for some reason, but knew whatever it was I was going to do was important to me. If he says "thank you" every time you let him go out, you may want to seek counseling to find out why.

JMHO.
I have been trying to go hiking with some friends of mine for over a year now. It's too hot in the summer for us, so we like to keep hiking to the colder months (Sept. - April). Between Cub Scouts and Soccer I have something just about every weekend. I have not been able to schedule a hike yet.

As far as the guy saying "Thank You", it could be that he is saying "Thank you for not being a psycho hose beast like Guy A/B's wife."

Hot N Bothered

tlatchaw said:
If he says "thank you" every time you let him go out, you may want to seek counseling to find out why.

JMHO.
:rolleyes: If he said "thank you" all the time, why would I find it :confused:? He thanks me on occasion, but it's usually when he manages to go out with one of these guys with the controling wives. It just makes him appreciate what he has. :diva:

Tri

Thank you, come again.
I totally agree, you know who I have no respect for....

women who are whipped on their men.

I don't know too many men that are whipped by their women simply because I'm friends with mostly women however I can definitely relate to the reverse of it. There is nothing more aggravating when you ask your friend (that you've been friends with for over 10 years) to go out with you and of course at first its yeah I want to go, oh but then they talk to their man, and its well (whatever his name is) does'nt want to go so I guess we're just going to stay home.....

HEY LADIES (AND MEN) NEWS FLASH -
Just because you are in a relationship it DOES NOT mean you have to do every single F ing thing together. ERRRRR this makes me ever so mad! For you ladies who do this call up you dad, uncle, brother, cousin and ask if you can borrow their balls so that you can start sticking up for your self.

Terps

I have encountered this problem with men and women so my problem is just being so whipped for your boyfriend or girlfriend that you end up screwing your friends over in the end. Ultimately, that makes you and your friends hate the significant other. I think people's biggest problems in relationships these days is finding balance between their friends and boy/girl friends. I lose respect for both in the relationship when that goal cannot be accomplished.

THE WORST THING NEXT TO BEING WHIPPED, is when your friend breaks up and they come running back and expect you to instantly drop everything in your life for them. I understand that is your job as their friend but it would be a lot easier if you had kept contact with your friends while dating. LEARN A BALANCE PEOPLE!!!

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
In fact, sometimes I wish he'd get out and leave me alone. :lol:

So just tell him to take a hike for a few hours. I'm sure he'd enjoy the time to do his things without any guilt. When someone asks a question, the 2 possible answers are YES or NO.

Roman

Wow...this is an old thread, but a good one. People in good relationships have their time together, and have their time apart. If you can't trust them whole-heartedly, why be in a relationship with them. I do see some of our friend's wives telling them they can't go, or do something without the other being there. It makes me mad. My husband can do what he wants, and so can I.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
So just tell him to take a hike for a few hours. I'm sure he'd enjoy the time to do his things without any guilt. When someone asks a question, the 2 possible answers are YES or NO.

How in the world did you manage to dig up this ten year old thread?:confused:

Also wonder if that couple is still together......

FED_UP

:lol: Mine does that too. I tell him if he wants to blame it on me, I'm ok with that. But it's usually one of this group of guys that he's making excuses too anyway, they will just assume I'm the problem.

Seriously, as long as I don't have plans, and he gives me enough info about where he is and when he'll be home, so I don't imagine him splattered on the road somewhere. :shrug: It's not like he's out all the time or his friends are sleezeballs.

In fact, sometimes I wish he'd get out and leave me alone. :lol:

I am a grown azz man, I don't need to tell you what time I am coming home. If I am splatterd on the road the cops will call you.

I don't think I have ever had a guy whipped... ever. :ohwell: But I always give the courtesy of checking if there are other plans before I commit to going out without my significant other. :shrug: They do the same.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I don't think I have ever had a guy whipped... ever. :ohwell: But I always give the courtesy of checking if there are other plans before I commit to going out without my significant other. :shrug: They do the same.

Courtesy is a given.