I have to boast...

bellathepar2007

How mean

I am very proud of katie she did a wounderful job at the show and to get 6th out of 19 people is great!!!!! CONGRATS this is a great horse and rider they took 6th and thats great!!!
Katie Great Job
:flowers:

Phyxius

Zoooooooom
Completely agreed (that 6th is good) and if anyone thinks that other sports don't brag about "not winning" they are wrong.

Example, college basketball. Tell me what team that makes it to Sweet Sixteen, Elite 8, or Final Four that doesn't brag about that?

Last edited:

Spicober

oops, just read the post that said they didnt. that explains it all.. They have no idea just how much hard work and by the way prep work that goes into showing a horse!!
6th is GREAT!! CONGRATS to you and your horse..and even bigger props to you since you dont have a push button horse- :flowers:

bellathepar2007

you right

That person dose not know how to ride or evan likes horses katie did great and anyone has anything to say about her she did great and thats all that matters

FrmGrl

Get some!
bellathepar2007 said:
That person dose not know how to ride or evan likes horses katie did great and anyone has anything to say about her she did great and thats all that matters

I agree. How dare anyone put someone down who is proud of her accomplishment. This was a green class and she did great. To place at that show in any class is awesome!! I usually stay very quiet on this forum but I thought I had to stick up for Katie. I was there and she did wonderful and you know what I am darn proud of my 3rd place ribbon out of 8!!!

Last edited:

Amy

Congrats Katie!!! I am so happy for you. What classes did you go in?

I think I will be at the barn tomorrow night. Are you going to be around?

smoothmarine187

I will have all of you horse lovers know that lugnut has 2 champion pit bulls, 3 champion Great Danes, and when He was in high school his Cow won 1st place!

nomoney

smoothmarine187 said:
I will have all of you horse lovers know that lugnut has 2 champion pit bulls, 3 champion Great Danes, and when He was in high school his Cow won 1st place!

I remember ol' Betsy :bawl: What a great cow she was. :bawl:

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
You go to horse shows to demonstrate the skills you have been working on at home. We go to decent Schooling shows to see how we measure up to other riders in the area and see what we need to work on for the rated shows. I watched Katie and she had a lot of nice horses in her class. SHe did great. 6th place up there equates to 1st place down at the shows here most days. Obviously the person doesn't know about horses and it is kind of a moot point, except for that it was rude. I am sure their parenting skills are just as poor, God forbid, they have reproduced. :smack:
I hate teaching people who are all about winning. You set your personal goals and aim for them. A goal may be " I want to get all my leads and diagonals" or "I want to get all of my distances". If you win that is bonus, but it is a subjective sport and there are a lot of very nice rated showing horses at these schooling shows that are difficult to beat. That just makes it more fun if you win. Congrats Katie! We all had a great show. We were home by 9PM this time! :razz: Karma giver: Thanks for the help...live & learn!

Last edited:

smoothmarine187

Sadielady said:
. 6th place up there equates to 1st place down at the shows here most days. I am sure their parenting skills are just as poor, God forbid, they have reproduced. :smack: I hate teaching people who are all about winning. You set your personal goals and aim for them. A goal may be " I want to get all my leads and diagonals" or "I want to get all of my distances". If you win that is bonus, but it is a subjective sport and there are a lot of very nice rated showing horses at these schooling shows that are difficult to beat. That just makes it more fun if you win. Congrats Katie! We all had a great show. We were home by 9PM this time! :razz:

I was going to highlight certain points and laugh....but there are just way to many things in here. The two that I did highlight are my favorites though. Who would have known........6th place is the new first. 6th place to me......is the 5th loser.

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
smoothmarine187 said:
I was going to highlight certain points and laugh....but there are just way to many things in here. The two that I did highlight are my favorites though. Who would have known........6th place is the new first. 6th place to me......is the 5th loser.
Expected from a marine (no comment). My Dad was/is a marine. You obviously haven't shown in the area to do your comparisons. It is okay to be uneducated in the subject matter as long as you don't comment! :elaine:

smoothmarine187

Sadielady said:
Expected from a marine (no comment). My Dad was/is a marine. You obviously haven't shown in the area to do your comparisons. It is okay to be uneducated in the subject matter as long as you don't comment! :elaine:

What you said didn't make any sense. 6th place in that show would have been a first place an some other show :lol:. How do you know that? There may have been some super stallions at the other show. The kind that sell their semen for like 100 grand an oz.......You have to step up and be 1st everywhere you go!

smoothmarine187

smoothmarine187 said:
What you said didn't make any sense. 6th place in that show would have been a first place an some other show :lol:. How do you know that? There may have been some super stallions at the other show. The kind that sell their semen for like 100 grand an oz.......You have to step up and be 1st everywhere you go!

what i dont get, if 6th place would be first down here, then what would first place down here be? LIke grand state champion? 2nd would be runner up grand state champion. Then third would have to be like 2nd runner up grand state champion, then 4th would be grand county victor, then 5th would be runner up grand county victor......THEN first. :yay:

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
I am tryiing not to upset the locals. Even though I never fail to do so..... It is like comparing apples to oranges. I don't know what you do, but it is like comparing a Metro to a Camry to a Mercedes. The shows down in our local area are "Metro" shows, if you go up to MSA or SMHA, its like a " Toyota Camry"show. It is a different class of show. You can also go to rated shows that would be like your "Mercedes" class of shows. Sometimes you get a mixture in with the different "classes", but a better feel for how you might do at the next level. Understand? I think I have confused myself more!