I hear Ryan Woodford plead guilty and is in jail

Geek

If the baby still in the paternal grandma's house, will Ryan be living there too, when he gets done with his slap on the wrist?

sockgirl77

Nattie_Bo

I don't know Ryan Woodford but felt compelled to post because I have had dealings with his mother, Kathy Woodford. There will always be the great nature vs. nurture debate, and to some extent ones personality and character are dependant upon both, but in Ryan's case I can see where he may have missed out on being "nurtured." How Kathy Woodford became the principal of an elementary school I will never understand. My child attended Piney Point Elementary School and in all those years I have never witnessed any positive interaction on her part with the students. She is as uninvolved as possible. We have friends with kids in other schools and they go on and on about how great their principals are, reading to students in class, sometimes substituting in a class, but generally being friendly with the kids. Not Kathy Woodford. Off the record, we've heard there is a culture of fear down there where she rules the teachers with an iron fist - NOT the kind of person you want in charge of an elementary school, much less being responsible for her own children or grandchildren. As a parent I can understand her wanting to protect her son legally, but at what point will she wake up and let Ryan suffer the consequences of his actions? Perhaps it would mean admitting her own failure as a parent...

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!
The system stinks. This women called in the radio staion a couple of weeks ago and the same thing happened in her family except the father actually took the childs life. He got 3 years all suspended but 15 mo. Our system is horrible. I am upset with the system, with my niece who has shut her family out ever since she met Ryan, and I am upset with anyone who tries to sit here and justify what happened. Just becuase baby jayden is breathing and has a heart beat, he still does not have a life. His life was taken from him.

When will your niece be sentenced?

SEABREEZE 1957

My 401K is now a 201K
When will your niece be sentenced?

Why don't you ask the police? Obviously if there were reason to arrest her, she would have been arrested & would have gone to trial.

If she went to trial, she would have had a jury.

If she had a jury, it would would have been comprised of her "peers".

If she were guilty of the charges brought against her, she would have been sentanced according to the laws of Maryland.

* Disclaimer * These are only my personal objective opinions. I do not know anyone on either side of this situation, including the police, jury, the judge or the accused.

Last edited:

SouthernMdRocks

Why don't you ask the police? Obviously if there were reason to arrest her, she would have been arrested & would have gone to trial.

If she went to trial, she would have had a jury.

If she had a jury, it would would have been comprised of her "peers".

If she were guilty of the charges brought against her, she would have been sentanced according to the laws of Maryland.

* Disclaimer * These are only my personal opinions. I do not know anyone on either side of this situation, including the police, jury, the judge or the accused.

:geek:If you don't have any information then zip it! Looks like momma should be accountable as well.

SEABREEZE 1957

My 401K is now a 201K
:geek:If you don't have any information then zip it! Looks like momma should be accountable as well.

Really? What information do you have? If you have something to add to the story, why didn't you report it? Read my disclaimer - I'm only stating the obvious, not what it 'Looks like'.

SouthernMdRocks

Really? What information do you have? If you have something to add to the story, why didn't you report it? Read my disclaimer - I'm only stating the obvious, not what it 'Looks like'.

I have no inside information to this case but it is obvious that other people were under the same roof as a baby being abused. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize that sticking your head in the sand does not make one any less accountable. If you had nothing to add other then being pissy perhaps you should just zip it.

SEABREEZE 1957

My 401K is now a 201K
I have no inside information to this case but it is obvious that other people were under the same roof as a baby being abused. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize that sticking your head in the sand does not make one any less accountable. If you had nothing to add other then being pissy perhaps you should just zip it.

You are confusing 'pissy' with trying to be objective.

If the mother were culpable, she would have been arrested & charged.

Same with the other family members. There are not enough facts in this thread to blatently ask the question 'when will your niece be sentenced?'.

I think the whole situation is beyond terrible, but I'd like to have faith in our judicial system. Maybe that's sticking my head in the sand.

SouthernMdRocks

You are confusing 'pissy' with trying to be objective.

If the mother were culpable, she would have been arrested & charged.

Same with the other family members. There are not enough facts in this thread to blatently ask the question 'when will your niece be sentenced?'.

I think the whole situation is beyond terrible, but I'd like to have faith in our judicial system. Maybe that's sticking my head in the sand.

Oh, my comment about the niece was in :sarcasm:..
I really think anyone who lived in that house should have realized something was not quite right and is therefore accountable to some extent legal or not. Now for the justice system, I also try to have faith in it but unfortunately it doesn't all ways serve proper justice. My BBF had her baby flown to shock trauma when the babysitter decided to shake him while in her care. She walked because it is so hard to put an exact time frame on when it occurred. The doctors felt it wasn't just a one time thing but since the baby was in two different homes throughout the week, the babysitter got a pass. She then moved to another county and started another childcare even with her license removed. Now my friend got charged with harassing the sitter later because she made a point of trying to not let her hurt another child since the courts failed to do it.:shrug:

Cowgirl

Oh, my comment about the niece was in :sarcasm:..
I really think anyone who lived in that house should have realized something was not quite right and is therefore accountable to some extent legal or not. Now for the justice system, I also try to have faith in it but unfortunately it doesn't all ways serve proper justice. My BBF had her baby flown to shock trauma when the babysitter decided to shake him while in her care. She walked because it is so hard to put an exact time frame on when it occurred. The doctors felt it wasn't just a one time thing but since the baby was in two different homes throughout the week, the babysitter got a pass. She then moved to another county and started another childcare even with her license removed. Now my friend got charged with harassing the sitter later because she made a point of trying to not let her hurt another child since the courts failed to do it.:shrug:

Didn't the OP say the niece knew the baby had a broken arm and stuff? From what the OP said, several people agreed she should be held accountable. :yay:

SEABREEZE 1957

My 401K is now a 201K
My point is that I don't think it's right to accuse someone without knowing all the facts & had the investigation determined that the neice was guilty of anything she would have been charged.

SouthernMdRocks - I understand now that you were being sarcastic. I am not so guillable to belive that justice is always right, perhaps even in this case.

The OP admitted that there has been minimal (& I'm being generous in intrepreting what they posted) contact between them & the neice...so, if that's the case, then I don't see how someone could rely on the accuracy of their post.

The OP is very emotional (rightfully so) & perhaps their perception is not reflective of the real truth, which I don't think anyone will ever truly know but the person (or persons) who put an innocent child in harms way.

God knows, and that's what really matters. Plus, Karma is a beetch.

SouthernMdRocks

My point is that I don't think it's right to accuse someone without knowing all the facts & had the investigation determined that the neice was guilty of anything she would have been charged.

SouthernMdRocks - I understand now that you were being sarcastic. I am not so guillable to belive that justice is always right, perhaps even in this case.

The OP admitted that there has been minimal (& I'm being generous in intrepreting what they posted) contact between them & the neice...so, if that's the case, then I don't see how someone could rely on the accuracy of their post.

The OP is very emotional (rightfully so) & perhaps their perception is not reflective of the real truth, which I don't think anyone will ever truly know but the person (or persons) who put an innocent child in harms way.

God knows, and that's what really matters. Plus, Karma is a beetch.

That it is! One can only pray what comes around, goes around! I see that the poster/relative of the baby is all about blaming all but the niece and giving excuses for her. Fact is, no mother should be afforded any excuse for allowing her baby to be abused, period!

sockgirl77

Inmate on Work Release Returns to Jail with Drugs Hidden in Shoe - Southern Maryland News, Charles County, Calvert County and St. Mary's County News

Inmate on Work Release Returns to Jail with Drugs Hidden in Shoe
LEONARDTOWN - 4/21/2009

Printer friendly

On April 18, at 11:59 p.m., Ryan T. Woodford, 25, returned from employment to the St. Mary’s County Detention Center where he was participating in the work release program.

During a search of Woodford Correctional Officer J. Krum discovered four Diazapam tablets, wrapped in plastic, hidden in the sole of Woodford’s shoe.

Woodford was subsequently charged with possession of a controlled dangerous substance, unlawfully omit a label on prescription medication and removed from the work release program.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
So can we safely say that young Mr. Woodford isn't a likely candidate for rehabilitation, since he doesn't seem to be getting the picture?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I knew Ryan when he was a kid - he and my son were pretty good friends. He was nice enough and so were the parents. It's always interesting how these kids can seem very normal with a normal upbringing, then they turn out to be druggie dumbchits.