I Know My Rights You Pig!

SamSpade

I worked, installed and modernized elevators fkr a few decades. I owned two drill rigs that I ran on the weekends for years drilling holes for hydraulic elevator cylinders. All within the Top 10 most dangerous jobs.
Most construction work is in the Top 15 most dangerous jobs.
Law Enforcement is #22

The world has be bamboozled to believe that being a First Responder is crazy dangerous.
Its just not the case.
That is some scary stuff. (Never heard about first responders - just KNOW law enforcement, all of whom have been shot at at least once).

I spent several years in construction and much of the stuff I did would be considered dangerous, most of them because of unexpected safety problems - like half of a house falling down on you, or a 50 lb box of nails - or one that really laid me back, getting a nail right through my right foot. But I never had a co-worker assault me with a nail gun or a reciprocating saw. I never had anyone try to kill me while I took a break (although we did throw snowballs over the woodpile at my boss while he was taking a dump).

When I hung clapboard and vertical siding, there was the danger of slipping off the scaffolding in the winter, when it's covered in ice and mud. I just feel there's a different kind of danger knowing that the danger lies in that someone will try to KILL you.

Reactions: BOP

black dog

Free America
That is some scary stuff. (Never heard about first responders - just KNOW law enforcement, all of whom have been shot at at least once).

I spent several years in construction and much of the stuff I did would be considered dangerous, most of them because of unexpected safety problems - like half of a house falling down on you, or a 50 lb box of nails - or one that really laid me back, getting a nail right through my right foot. But I never had a co-worker assault me with a nail gun or a reciprocating saw. I never had anyone try to kill me while I took a break (although we did throw snowballs over the woodpile at my boss while he was taking a dump).

When I hung clapboard and vertical siding, there was the danger of slipping off the scaffolding in the winter, when it's covered in ice and mud. I just feel there's a different kind of danger knowing that the danger lies in that someone will try to KILL you.
The numbers just arnt there with LE and FD deaths, take away driving deaths on the way to calls, driving deaths on the way home after shifts, strokes on the job and suicide the numbers a really slim.
I have many friend in and retired in local DC LE, none have ever been shot.
My youngest sister now retired was a Sheriffs Deputy in Jacksonville, FL over 20 years.
She knows three in LE that have been shot, one was a self inflicted locker room pop.
Its all about the money, in Indy a 21 year old with a clean record starting at Indy Metro starts at
Ready? $72,000 and a take home car.
No college, no Journeymanship a high school diploma.

Last edited:

stgislander

PREMO Member
🤣

Floyd had a fatal level of Fentanyl in his system
And the police held him down while he died of either asphyxiation, or the overdose. I didn't see where they were actually rendering assistance.

And before you accuse me of being some Prog BLM softie, I'm not shedding a tear over Saint George.

They should have never let him out of the patrol car.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
You’re just a perniciously dishonest dealer. Utterly incapable of truth.
irony-meter.gif

Reactions: BOP

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
They should have never let him out of the patrol car.

:buddies:

I have had the something as soon as I heard he had been put in the car .. if Floyd was in distress he should have been transported to a hospital

not taken back out of the police car ... the dude ate his entire stash, he was just in the process of dying

phreddyp

🤣

Floyd had a fatal level of Fentanyl in his system
Read the autopsy report from both medical examiners again, they both say that Fentanyl was NOT the cause of death. Chauvin murdered him plain and simple no amount of spin from you can change that.