I need advice...Im getting fat......

Im to google now.... thank you all for your advice. I am going to beat this FAT A-- of mine. I refuse to wear plus size clothes. I know I am heading in that direction, so I have to stay on top of this. I am open to anymore suggestions if you have any.

Thanks

Its easy, cut out all bread, pasta, white flour, sugar, high sugar veggies, high sugar fruits (natural sugar)....

eat meats, green veggies, cheeses,nuts, berries! supplement with protein shakes... (make your own from whey protein w/o added sugars..

Oh and watch your yogurt most are loaded with sugar!

<---------------- down 53 lbs since March!

Terence

Error 404
You say you like walking then idk go for a walk before work or after while your husband cooks? If you dont want to go alone than get him to go with u im sure he will :). I'm sure you can work something out.

MichelleLea

Its easy, cut out all bread, pasta, white flour, sugar, high sugar veggies, high sugar fruits (natural sugar)....

eat meats, green veggies, cheeses,nuts, berries! supplement with protein shakes... (make your own from whey protein w/o added sugars..

:clap: whoa! Outstanding!

What is this "whey protein"? Can't I get the protein I need with certain meats & nuts?

Congratulations to you...that's AWESOME! :yahoo:

mgdbaa

what kinds of green veggies do you eat? I love my veggies but I know some are high in carbs.

Just put the fork down.......:yay:

If the answer were that simple then everyone would be naturally thin. Its all about metabolism... and the type you inherited. I am sure you have seen people who can eat junk food all day and stay thin... others fight at keeping their weight down and may only eat a small amount of food each day.

its not just about control... its also genetics! and taking the steps to change the metabolism you have.

Last edited:
:clap: whoa! Outstanding!

What is this "whey protein"? Can't I get the protein I need with certain meats & nuts?

Congratulations to you...that's AWESOME! :yahoo:

thanks!

Whey is a by product of milk when it is pasturized or when milk is curdled, or in the making of cheese, the whey protein powder provides @ 23 grams of protein per serving with minimal fat grams or carbs oh and only 120 calories.

There are also protein powders that are soy based also. I get mine at GNC.

You can get your protein from meats and nuts, but nuts are high in calorie and to get the correct amounts of protein per day you would need to eat a lot of food. Tuna is good for protein @ 40 grams for 5 oz.

Protein, makes you feel full longer and helps curb cravings for carbs, also aids in burning fat from the body by increasing your lean muscle-

An excellent book on protein is "Protein Power" by Dr Michael Eades.

Last edited:
what kinds of green veggies do you eat? I love my veggies but I know some are high in carbs.

green beans, spinach, celery, broccoli, cabbage (really good stir fried) asparagus, lettuce.

My favorite thing for dinner is to make a pizza using the whole wheat pitas as the crust, you can find a low sugar sauce and use the lower fat cheese, I also use a small amount of pepperoni slices, and pile up the mushrooms, peppers and onions.. I get the bag with 6 pitas and make them up and freeze them, then you can just pop them in the toaster oven for @ 15 min..

Walmart had some pitas "Joseph's" that ran @ 5 carbs..

mgdbaa

If the answer were that simple then everyone would be naturally thin. Its all about metabolism... and the type you inherited. I am sure you have seen people who can eat junk food all day and stay thin... others fight at keeping their weight down and may only eat a small amount of food each day.

its not just about control... its also genetics! and taking the steps to change the metabolism you have.
That is very good info for me to know. All the veggies you mentioned are my favriots except mushrooms. EEwwww, I hate the texture. Im on a mission to lose this weight. Please let me know about other low carb meals and snacks that you use.

T

toppick08

:cds:.....,it was a joke...........and I agree on metabolism and genetics.............:yay:

:cds:.....,it was a joke...........and I agree on metabolism and genetics.............:yay:

:huggy: ... LOL ok if u were just joking....

I have a co-worker who never picks up weight, today she asked me to go by kfc for her... I told her I probably gained 3 lbs from the fumes! :killingme

That is very good info for me to know. All the veggies you mentioned are my favriots except mushrooms. EEwwww, I hate the texture. Im on a mission to lose this weight. Please let me know about other low carb meals and snacks that you use.

Basically its just omitting bread,sugar, white flour, pasta, cereal,and any high sugar fruits and veggies, and no potatoes... once you have lost the weight you can start adding back in whole wheat flours and breads

Im one of those people who could eat the same thing every day lol and a lot times I do..

I have a shake w/ 4 oz low sugar yogurt and 2 scoops of protein powder mixed with @ 2 cups of water for breakfast- (cuz I am too lazy to make breakfast)

lunch is a can of tuna w/ small amount of the low cholesterol mayo and sugar free bread & butter pickles diced in it. (in a container- no bread or crackers)

6 strawberries with splenda, a snack size sugar free applesauce (though I rotate the applesauce with 4 oz yogurt or celery sticks with pb or cream cheese with chives, sugar free jello etc, cottage cheese)

stick with berries as your fruit choices

I have a snack between breakfast & lunch of a cheese stick

and at dinner I just have meat or fish and a veggie or my wheat pita pizza

You can also eat out and stay on program, At Salas I had a shrimp, onion and pepper quesadilla- just leave the tortilla or shell behind.

if you get a cheeseburger, eat the burger and pitch the bun.
sandwich- toss the bread.

its low carb- high protein, but ya gotta read up and learn which foods are full of sugars- a lot of the low-fat foods are loaded with sugar.

If you cut out the carbs ... the weight falls off
and walking is great exercise.. walk at lunch or park far away at work.

and drink lots of water!

Last edited:

mgdbaa

Basically its just omitting bread,sugar, white flour, pasta, cereal,and any high sugar fruits and veggies, and no potatoes... once you have lost the weight you can start adding back in whole wheat flours and breads

Im one of those people who could eat the same thing every day lol and a lot times I do..

I have a shake w/ 4 oz low sugar yogurt and 2 scoops of protein powder mixed with @ 2 cups of water for breakfast- (cuz I am too lazy to make breakfast)

lunch is a can of tuna w/ small amount of the low cholesterol mayo and sugar free bread & butter pickles diced in it. (in a container- no bread or crackers)

6 strawberries with splenda, a snack size sugar free applesauce (though I rotate the applesauce with 4 oz yogurt or celery sticks with pb or cream cheese with chives, sugar free jello etc, cottage cheese)

stick with berries as your fruit choices

I have a snack between breakfast & lunch of a cheese stick

and at dinner I just have meat or fish and a veggie or my wheat pita pizza

You can also eat out and stay on program, At Salas I had a shrimp, onion and pepper quesadilla- just leave the tortilla or shell behind.

if you get a cheeseburger, eat the burger and pitch the bun.
sandwich- toss the bread.

its low carb- high protein, but ya gotta read up and learn which foods are full of sugars- a lot of the low-fat foods are loaded with sugar.

If you cut out the carbs ... the weight falls off
and walking is great exercise.. walk at lunch or park far away at work.

and drink lots of water!
I started the low carb thing, Its hard, because I love the produce stands. I can eat so much fruit like its going out of style which it will soon. I love my cantalopes, white peaches, bananas, watermelon and veggies, I love spinach, broc, coliflower, bell peppers, onions, green beans, cucumbers, and tomatoes. I know I shouldn't be eating as much of it as I do. The summer time is real bad for me because I love the fresh produce. Yesturday I had catfish and cucumbers for lunch and I was hungry like an hour later. What do I do about that hunger. Today, I had lunch meat wrapped in cheese for lunch. What brand of yogurts do you eat? Oh I also started doing step which I really love. I do appreciate all of your helpful hints. Please keep them coming.

B

Big Fatty

:bs::bs::bs:

I have to call it on this one. Please take no offense but I hate hearing people being victims of their genetics/metabolism. Horsecrap.

It is a very, and I mean VERY, small percentage of persons who have genetic disorders that lead themselves to obesity.

People are victims of being lazy and let psychological barriers prevent them from doing the right things.

Get up off your @ss and move! Make better food choices. Eat less. Move more!

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
:bs::bs::bs:

I have to call it on this one. Please take no offense but I hate hearing people being victims of their genetics/metabolism. Horsecrap.

It is a very, and I mean VERY, small percentage of persons who have genetic disorders that lead themselves to obesity.

People are victims of being lazy and let psychological barriers prevent them from doing the right things.

Get up off your @ss and move! Make better food choices. Eat less. Move more!

sorry, but you are wrong. there are countless genes that control weight in humans, and just as there are natural variations in other attributes caused by genes, weight is no different. This is by no means an excuse, nor does it mean that when you put in the hard work you wont see results. So I agree that is is annoying to see it used as in excuse...but it is harder for some to lose weight than others, harder for some to reduce their food intake than others, people even have differing levels of insulin usage, controlled by a gene that may make a difference in weight. Though it is not the whole story I wouldn't ignore the role of genetics...
Genes Stacked Against Weight Loss?

B

Big Fatty

sorry, but you are wrong. there are countless genes that control weight in humans, and just as there are natural variations in other attributes caused by genes, weight is no different. This is by no means an excuse, nor does it mean that when you put in the hard work you wont see results. So I agree that is is annoying to see it used as in excuse...but it is harder for some to lose weight than others, harder for some to reduce their food intake than others, people even have differing levels of insulin usage, controlled by a gene that may make a difference in weight. Though it is not the whole story I wouldn't ignore the role of genetics...
Genes Stacked Against Weight Loss?

How am I wrong? The article you use to support your argument justifies genes having a prediposition for controlling weight gain/weight loss (in mice). How does that affect people shoveling high amounts of calories, crap food, sedentary lifestyles, and being a non-exerciser?

It is easy to see the human body's ability to put on weight. The consequence to getting fat? A God-damn hard time getting it off. People know how they got fat and they know how to get rid of it. They just are unwilling to do the hard work.

That seems to me to be more of a pyschological problem than a genetic one.