I need the abuse

CandyRain

And I know I've come to the right place. :howdy: Besides, it can only make me stronger.

I'm newly single after a 5 year relationship. :bawl: We've definitely had our ups and downs and we stayed together despite them. I know in my head that it's not a good relationship, fundamentally, and that it's not progressing as it should but I can't seem to get my heart to catch up.

How do you do the right thing and still manage to go about daily life when your heart is telling you to go back, don't let it end, the good times are great and the bad times aren't so bad?

I'd ask friends and family but they're biased. Some anonymous suggestions would be good food for thought. :yay:

Bring it on :snacks:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
CandyRain said:
And I know I've come to the right place. :howdy: Besides, it can only make me stronger.

I'm newly single after a 5 year relationship. :bawl: We've definitely had our ups and downs and we stayed together despite them. I know in my head that it's not a good relationship, fundamentally, and that it's not progressing as it should but I can't seem to get my heart to catch up.

How do you do the right thing and still manage to go about daily life when your heart is telling you to go back, don't let it end, the good times are great and the bad times aren't so bad?

I'd ask friends and family but they're biased. Some anonymous suggestions would be good food for thought. :yay:

Bring it on :snacks:

Was it a "sexual problem"??

CandyRain

No. I didn't get specific because he can't defend his side of the story. My side is he's a social butterfly and sometimes it gets him in trouble. I don't get full stories and it ends up biting him in the azz at some point. :sigh:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Find something else to fill the spare time he was previously filling. It'll take awhile, but you'll realize you're better off without him. :shrug:

CandyRain

Nickel said:
Find something else to fill the spare time he was previously filling. It'll take awhile, but you'll realize you're better off without him. :shrug:
That's not hard. The hardest thing is not e-mailing or calling. :ohwell:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
CandyRain said:
No. I didn't get specific because he can't defend his side of the story. My side is he's a social butterfly and sometimes it gets him in trouble. I don't get full stories and it ends up biting him in the azz at some point. :sigh:
Buy a motorcycle and ride, ride ride.. it fixes everything..

Magnum

Should be Huntin
I got out of a 2 year relationship a few months ago. I thought the same thing at first. Now I just try to go out whenever I can and have fun, most of the time I stay at home and play my banjo and my xbox to pass the time

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
CandyRain said:
PLEASE share your advice and experience :popcorn:
I just did. :lmao:

I made a decision that I wasn't going to be with that person anymore, and by entertaining his phone calls and responding to his attempts to garner my attention, I was simply wasting my time. Surprisingly, it is that simple. And I have been commended by my family for doing it in a drama-free manner. :lmao:

And I was all of 20 years old when I made that choice, so you have no excuse. :huggy:

wxtornado

The Other White Meat
Are you one to patiently pick up broken fragments and glue them together again and tell yourself that the mended whole was as good as new? What is broken is broken - and I'd rather remember it as it was at its best than mend it and see the broken places as long as I lived.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
CandyRain said:
PLEASE share your advice and experience :popcorn:
She married rebound boy :lol:

Seriously, Bob was correct with his advice. It doesn't have to be a motorcycle, but find something you enjoy and go do it.

Last edited:

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!
CandyRain said:

Once the trust is gone, that's something that's hard to get back. Without the trust it won't ever work out. It just takes time.

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
Ladies and Gentleman, the real IcePrincess:

Nickel said:
I just did. :lmao:

I made a decision that I wasn't going to be with that person anymore, and by entertaining his phone calls and responding to his attempts to garner my attention, I was simply wasting my time. Surprisingly, it is that simple. And I have been commended by my family for doing it in a drama-free manner. :lmao:

And I was all of 20 years old when I made that choice, so you have no excuse. :huggy: