I need the abuse

CandyRain

wxtornado said:
Are you one to patiently pick up broken fragments and glue them together again and tell yourself that the mended whole was as good as new? What is broken is broken - and I'd rather remember it as it was at its best than mend it and see the broken places as long as I lived.

I was never that type of person until him but yes, that's exactly what I've been doing. This is EXCELLENT! I'm posting a copy of this everywhere to remind me. :huggy:

wxtornado

The Other White Meat
CandyRain said:
I was never that type of person until him but yes, that's exactly what I've been doing. This is EXCELLENT! I'm posting a copy of this everywhere to remind me. :huggy:

It's tough not to let your heart rule your mind, even if, deep down, you know better, you know? Hearts will never be practical until they are made unbreakable.

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!
wxtornado said:
Are you one to patiently pick up broken fragments and glue them together again and tell yourself that the mended whole was as good as new? What is broken is broken - and I'd rather remember it as it was at its best than mend it and see the broken places as long as I lived.

Excellent way to look at it. Need to remember that for my own situation! :whistle:

Magnum

Should be Huntin
CandyRain said:
Men are waaaaayyy better at doing that than women.
I never said it was easy... It's hard to just let go of all that you knew. I had to change my entire life around, everything was dedicated to her and for her. So when that ended I found myself with absolutely nothing to do but work. Thats why I bought my old 55 thinking it would be a good hobby, well never could get motivated to work on that. I played my banjo and guitar alot to kill time, lots of video games. Tried to find some new friends but that didn't really pan out. So like I said it wasn't easy, but I knew it was something that had to be done.

CandyRain

Magnum said:
I never said it was easy... It's hard to just let go of all that you knew. I had to change my entire life around, everything was dedicated to her and for her. So when that ended I found myself with absolutely nothing to do but work. Thats why I bought my old 55 thinking it would be a good hobby, well never could get motivated to work on that. I played my banjo and guitar alot to kill time, lots of video games. Tried to find some new friends but that didn't really pan out. So like I said it wasn't easy, but I knew it was something that had to be done.
And then there's the issue of them popping back up after you're on your way to healing...:ohwell:

Magnum

Should be Huntin
CandyRain said:
And then there's the issue of them popping back up after you're on your way to healing...:ohwell:
My ex lives next door to my cousin, which is where my welding shop is set up. I used to go there all the time, that ended a few months ago as well. I tried to go there to visit my cousin and ran into my ex and her family on the dirt road.. just kept on driving. I had to go to his house a couple weeks ago to take care of his goats since he was out of town. I rolled in there with some pantera blaring in my Blazer, did what I had to do then got out of there as fast as possible. I wanted to take my welder and my stuff from my cousins and bring it home, but I just had to go.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
CandyRain said:
Went thru that this weekend. Had an X that had moved away invite me to dinner Saturday.
...and we're not any better at moving on, we just don't talk about it as much.

CandyRain

aps45819 said:
Went thru that this weekend. Had an X that had moved away invite me to dinner Saturday.
...and we're not any better at moving on, we just don't talk about it as much.
:ohwell: Do tell. When it ended, were you pissed or was she pissed? After 6 months, what made you decide to go? Did you still have feelings? :popcorn:

TBone

CandyRain said:
Men are waaaaayyy better at doing that than women.

I understand and sympathize for what you are having to deal with. I too, am going through the same thing after 2 1/2 years. Only after I got my #&& beat did I send him packing. However, that doesn't make your heart stop the hurting. Especially when he calls and asks you over and over to come back. I still sit here like a fool and long for this man and I am having a difficult time allowing myself to move on.

I truly wish you the best!!!

CandyRain

Guess I shoulda read my scope first today:

Daily couples love (by Astrology.com)
Are you looking for physical proof that you're making the right choice when it comes to this relationship? You might be asking for the wrong thing. Instead, ask for the strength to do the right thing.

:faint:

mainman

Set Trippin
CandyRain said:
And I know I've come to the right place. :howdy: Besides, it can only make me stronger.

I'm newly single after a 5 year relationship. :bawl: We've definitely had our ups and downs and we stayed together despite them. I know in my head that it's not a good relationship, fundamentally, and that it's not progressing as it should but I can't seem to get my heart to catch up.

How do you do the right thing and still manage to go about daily life when your heart is telling you to go back, don't let it end, the good times are great and the bad times aren't so bad?

I'd ask friends and family but they're biased. Some anonymous suggestions would be good food for thought. :yay:

Bring it on :snacks:
Two words: TOY PARTY! :banana: or :cartwheel

CandyRain

mainman said:
Two words: TOY PARTY! :banana: or :cartwheel
Hmmmm, I've never been to one of those toy parties and have never owned a toy. :confused: Maybe if I'd had one, I never would've gotten involved with him in the first place. :lmao:

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
CandyRain said:
:ohwell: Do tell. When it ended, were you pissed or was she pissed? After 6 months, what made you decide to go? Did you still have feelings? :popcorn:
I was pissed, turned out she had a boyfriend in another state.
I'll probably always have feelings, but it's actions that count.