I never split the bill on dates – women can learn from gold diggers

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Mayonnaise belongs on fries. No more, no less.

/thread

See, and that's my weed-out move. If he asks for mayo for his fries, I excuse myself to the ladies room and don't come back.

My other weed-out is a bunch of special requests, especially if we're at a nice restaurant. Or even if we're at a clam shack. Just eat your damn food and stop bothering the staff with your "without this, light that, extra this and that" customizing bullshit. If you don't like the dish as prepared order something else.

Dinner dates are a great way to weed out nonstarters. If he's a jerk to the server; if he's a picky eater; if he's "that guy" who makes requests one at a time; if he has bad table manners; if he complains or sends his food back for something minor. One dinner can tell you everything you need to know about a person.

HemiHauler

See, and that's my weed-out move. If he asks for mayo for his fries, I excuse myself to the ladies room and don't come back.

My other weed-out is a bunch of special requests, especially if we're at a nice restaurant. Or even if we're at a clam shack. Just eat your damn food and stop bothering the staff with your "without this, light that, extra this and that" customizing bullshit. If you don't like the dish as prepared order something else.

Dinner dates are a great way to weed out nonstarters. If he's a jerk to the server; if he's a picky eater; if he's "that guy" who makes requests one at a time; if he has bad table manners; if he complains or sends his food back for something minor. One dinner can tell you everything you need to know about a person.
Mayo on fries isn’t being a picky eater; it’s the only acceptable accompaniment.

Clem72

tmp-name-2-6536-1488972646-1_dblbig.jpg

Ohh yeah Hemi, that looks yummy.

Or as the cool kids used to say, gag me with a spoon.

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
Guess my tastes are kind of boring.

For me it's regular potato chips or good tortilla chips with Onion Dip or Pimento Cheese Dip.

One condiment I do like is the Campfire Sauce at Red Robin, whateverthehell it is. It goes well with their onion rings and, back when they had them, fried jalapenos.

SamSpade

Most of the time, salt on fries is all that I ever need. Adding anything else is a minor concession that the fries themselves aren't very good.
That, and I don't know what gets put on fries like Arby's curly fries or other outlet's seasoned fries.

I put ketchup on them when they're bland, I'm still hungry and I don't intend to order anything else. In fact, I prefer alternatives to fries at restuarants mostly because most of them go uneaten. Just too full by then.

But mayo ---

To me, lots of condiments almost hold on their own. You could almost make the case that putting ketchup on fries is just a vehicle for moving ketchup into your mouth.

Mayo by itself is revolting. There's a very limited number of things I will eat that have mayo on it, and then only a smidge. I dislike most salad dressing containing mayo, for example. I never ask for it on subs at Subway. I can tolerate it if it's mixed with something else that masks the flavor - like tuna, or Old Bay - or BOTH.

SamSpade

Ranch is VILE. It probably has mayo in it. It drives me nuts that sometimes it is the ONLY option for some things - like a substitute for bleu cheese when you get wings and celery. It is not a substitute for anything. It's a plot to destroy the palate of the nation.

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
But mayo ---

Mayo by itself is revolting. There's a very limited number of things I will eat that have mayo on it, and then only a smidge. I dislike most salad dressing containing mayo, for example. I never ask for it on subs at Subway. I can tolerate it if it's mixed with something else that masks the flavor - like tuna, or Old Bay - or BOTH.

Tuna Salad, Chicken Salad and potato salad or coleslaw dressing. ( the dry mustard and vinegar cut the flavor )

Other than that, they can keep it.