If A Guy Knows How To Cook

ZARA

When we were dating we use to cook together. It was fun. We would flirt and talk dirty innuendo while preparing our meal. It was hot and sexy and :drool:

15 yrs later...we still do it...

When we were dating we use to cook together. It was fun. We would flirt and talk dirty innuendo while preparing our meal. It was hot and sexy and :drool:

Okay. But that has nothing to do with his original question.

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
.....is that an alternative to going out? Say you thought he was taking you out somewhere one night, but instead he shows up at your door with a bag of groceries and heads toward the kitchen, saying something like, "How 'bout SPAM sammiches?" Or....."I brought dinner." "How do you like your steak?"

I always offer it as an option well beforehand. Surprises of this type are risky.

Railroad

Routinely Derailed

BRAVO! That is REALLY cool. :clap:

bcp

In My Opinion
I have always cooked better than most
however, when my wife and I were dating, I would never have cooked for her. She used to like to cook for me, and I always pretended it was the best ever.

now, I cook, and I think she knows the truth.
but she cleans the dishes after the meal, I am after all ,, the man.

ZARA

Okay. But that has nothing to do with his original question.

Yes it does...If you have paid any attention to anything I have ever said you would know that my hubs and I dated through letters for 6 months while he was overseas. When he came home we moved in together.

It was an established relationship. And not a first date.

Before I posted my reply Dee Said:

.....is that an alternative to going out? Say you thought he was taking you out somewhere one night, but instead he shows up at your door with a bag of groceries and heads toward the kitchen, saying something like, "How 'bout SPAM sammiches?" Or....."I brought dinner." "How do you like your steak?"

Who said anything about "first date"?

Well, we all know what happens when you asume. :lol:
I should've included that this was an established relationship.
But since you brought it up, ejumuhkate me please. What is your idea of an 'established':ie: relationship? And don't say 'married.' I'm talking about working up to that point.

We did not get married until 2011. We did not even consider marriage until 2007, at which point we had been dating for 8 years. So how does my response not have anything to do with his inquires?

We were dating, it was an established relationship, and we love cooking together. I think I pretty much summed everything up in my reply.

warneckutz

So what sort of romantic dinner did he prepare for you? :popcorn:

Dye Tied

Garden Variety Gnome
If it is a first date or early in the dating process and you hardly know each other I think that is just plain creepy. If you've established a solid dating relationship then you wouldn't need to ask us this question... so again... creepy.

In the early 90's I dated someone who was a chef. After a while he asked to come over and cook for me. While cooking, he drank half a bottle of Skyy, ended up passing out on the living room floor and wet his pants.

He had the nerve to ask me out again after that. :lmao:

DON'T DO IT. :nono:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
In the early 90's I dated someone who was a chef. After a while he asked to come over and cook for me. While cooking, he drank half a bottle of Skyy, ended up passing out on the living room floor and wet his pants.

I dunno'...maybe this is he perfect way to determine if you want to continue the relationship. Otherwise, how long would it have taken to learn that the guy drinks to the point of passing out and pissing himself? Just sayin'.

Oh! Give me three guesses as to who it was... and I'm guessing I'd be right on my first guess! :lmao: :whistle: