Ignorant Things Heard On MSNBC

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

herb749

MSNBC’s Katy Tur suggests Fetterman could run for president: 'Makes you wonder about his future'

Tur floated the viability of, "Fetterman, as a nominee at some point for president," before later going on to say that his record for surpassing President Biden and former President Trump's vote share in the state.

MSNBC host Andrea Mitchell declared that she had extensive experience with Pennsylvania, and praised Fetterman for making so much progress with voters.

His health & bio would be brought out more and he'd be gone before the debates started.

SamSpade

You know - I don't know how they do it in Arizona - but I can't understand where EVERY COUNTY IN THE STATE still hasn't finished counting.

Some of them are at around 85% - but they have maybe 20-30,000 votes. I think if I had a week, I could do it myself.

I mean, I suppose I understand why large cities have trouble, although most of the largest cities in the rest of the country have finished.

But this is EACH COUNTY. The smaller ones should be done - right?

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
You know - I don't know how they do it in Arizona - but I can't understand where EVERY COUNTY IN THE STATE still hasn't finished counting.

Some of them are at around 85% - but they have maybe 20-30,000 votes. I think if I had a week, I could do it myself.

I mean, I suppose I understand why large cities have trouble, although most of the largest cities in the rest of the country have finished.

They are not counting votes.

They are counting how many they need.

stgislander

PREMO Member

I heard they are blaming tens of thousands (Dem) mail-in ballots dropped off at the polls on election day.

SamSpade

I heard they are blaming tens of thousands (Dem) mail-in ballots dropped off at the polls on election day.
Here's a case of the Republicans need to play the same game as the Democrats - they need to do this. As long as crap like this helps the Dems, they will ALWAYS TRY AND MAKE THE CASE that changing the way we vote is racist or unfair.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
The only people who need mail-in ballots are the military and the sick and lame.
If someone feels it is necessary to support a candidate then it stands to reason they can do so at the polls on election day.
If it's important to you, you find a way to get to the polls. Those that are too ****ing lazy to get off their fat asses and brush the cheeto dust off of themselves, shouldn't have a voice in politics.

Hijinx

When you try something and it doesn't work it is stupid to continue doing it.

That's how I feel about early voting and mail- in ballots.
It was tried and it failed. How did it fail?

It now takes days or weeks to find out who won.
The count is not felt to be legitimate.
Many of the ballots are not legitimate.
There is consternation over signatures and dates the ballots were sent it.
There are too many ways to cheat.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron

I'd like to know HOW they validate signatures. When I signed timecards, my signature became very uniform. In the last 7 years, I've only signed my name a couple dozen times and usually, it ain't pretty.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Thank you KK. I find this slightly disturbing.

"Nine states, the Virgin Islands and Washington, D.C., verify that an absentee/mail ballot envelope has been signed but do not conduct signature verification:

• Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Kansas, Maryland, Nebraska, New Mexico, Pennsylvania, Vermont and Wyoming."

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I'd like to know HOW they validate signatures. When I signed timecards, my signature became very uniform. In the last 7 years, I've only signed my name a couple dozen times and usually, it ain't pretty.
Mine has become a Hollywood style souvenir autograph.

CPUSA

I guess it really depends on who you ask; if it's working or not...

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

MSNBC Warns of DeSantis Implementing GOP, Fox's 'Autocratic System' Goal

Host Ali Velshi had asked about “election deniers” like Arizona’s Kari Lake, but Ben-Ghiat wanted to talk about someone else, “But we can't forget about that and also, the anointment of Ron DeSantis is very worrying to me because he is a smoother and more disciplined extremist and so we can never forget that the ultimate goal whoever, you know, Fox News and Murdoch and the GOP elites protect—protect and proclaim, the goal is to make it easier to have an autocratic system prevail.”

[clip]

Later, in a second segment, Velshi asked how voters can put an end to the Trump movement, “But, how do pro-democracy people hone that message for the next two years? “

After waxing poetic about the wonders of voting, Ben-Ghiat shifted gears, “And the other thing it’s-- I was actually tearing up when you are speaking to Ruwa Romman because the results that we have had with so many Muslim and black, LGBTQ candidates running for office and winning makes government, U.S. government reflect the multi-racial progressive inclusive democracy that we actually are.”

It's telling that Ben-Ghiat is just a hack with a fancy degree when she cites someone who was elected to the Georgia House of Representatives, but that she and the rest of the media couldn’t be bothered to tout the potential Dr. Mehmet Oz had to be the first Muslim senator or, speaking of Georgia, their attacks on Herschel Walker.