Illegal Immigrants Plan Nationwide Boycott

dck4shrt

vraiblonde said:
I'll bet the owners of Monterey will miss their revenues a lot more than anyone will miss them for one day.

Is this confirmed that Monterey is closed today? Or just speculation?

Just as long as they are opened on Friday, which is the fifth of May...

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Lemme see, I'm not ready for any drywall, landscaping, or concrete work on the new house, so I'm good with the walk out. :yay:

B

Bruzilla

Pete said:
Social security, unemployment and medicare would not go back to them.

Who cares about those taxes when you can get a nice check for $5,000 to $7,000 every year from Uncle Sam just for working at the poverty level?

B

Bruzilla

vraiblonde said:
This is another one of those "which is it?" situations.

"Illegal immigrants do crap jobs no one else wants and they make next to nothing doing it."

"Illegal immigrants are such a huge part of our economy that a one-day boycott will be felt hard."

Which is it?

Shall we make a list of crap jobs that nobody else wants to do... it's a pretty long list. But anyway, I don't see this one day event having any impact on anything. They would need to take a month off before any disruptions would occur. However, I do think them taking a day off will have more impact on the economy than all the welfare and inner-city types taking a month off.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
RoseRed said:
I wonder if Monterey will be open today.
:high5: I was wondering the same about our plethora of Mexican restaurants, a lot of which are "hole in the wall" types.

D

dems4me

Bruzilla said:
Shall we make a list of crap jobs that nobody else wants to do... it's a pretty long list. But anyway, I don't see this one day event having any impact on anything. They would need to take a month off before any disruptions would occur. However, I do think them taking a day off will have more impact on the economy than all the welfare and inner-city types taking a month off.

Traffic this morning was nice :yay:

As for taking a month off, I would not put it past them at this point :shrug: I'm not biased or anything, and not trying to come across that way, but daymn, they took Monday off last month, disrupted traffic for those that are trying to earn a living and yet again, take another monday off today. It must be nice is all I can say :shrug: If they are that detrimental, again, I say, let them run the country and WE AMERICANS can get a few days off ... I'd support any legislation backing this up. :biggrin:

B

Bruzilla

I've been a consultant for so long I'd about forgotten what a day off is. As for protesting and disrupting traffic I would just as soon ban all such protests... but that can't be either... damn it!

I think that the illegals should take a month off during September when a lot of crops start to get picked. That would jump the price of produce big time. That's alos a time when it's still hot enough that piles of festering garbage, and unemptied porta-poties would get noticed. Add to that the sight of hundreds of the nation's elites walking around with scorch marks on their ncie white shirts from having to do their laundry themselves, and you've got the makings of a truly effective protest.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
dems4me said:
You know what is really starting to bother me at this point with all this crap is the fact they keep getting Monday's off. :mad: I'm an American I want off and if they are that critical to society as they are the ones delineating themselves, not us... let them run the country for one Monday every month and let us have off. I'm really tired of this crap. It's getting old and its starting to sound more and more like they DON'T want to work or something. I want a monday off too :bawl: :mad:
Solution: get a government job who supports CWS.

male20674

immigrants

Its times like this when i remember how many closed minded people are in southern md. Remember that our country was built on people trying to make a better life for themselves and their family. As history will show, this is not the first time that people have came to america worked to support their families at home. :war:

Immigrants support our economy just as much as everyone else. I believe that the issue is not how they come but the actual system that allows them to enter the country, but the system the loses them.

SOMEBODY GIVE BUSH A BJ SO WE CAN HURRY UP AND IMPEACH HIM :smack:

VIVA REVOLUTION

male20674 said:
Its times like this when i remember how many closed minded people are in southern md. Remember that our country was built on people trying to make a better life for themselves and their family. As history will show, this is not the first time that people have came to america worked to support their families at home. :war:

Immigrants support our economy just as much as everyone else. I believe that the issue is not how they come but the actual system that allows them to enter the country, but the system the loses them.

VIVA REVOLUTION
Hey, do you know if Monterey's is open today...:confused:

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
kwillia said:
Hey, do you know if Monterey's is open today...:confused:
I'm pretty sure 90% of them are here legally and have no need to protest, so I'd guess yes. But the answer is only a phone call away.

R

remaxrealtor

male20674 said:

VIVA REVOLUTION

Is this MPD here legally? I would like to see papers, please... :whistle:

SamSpade

male20674 said:

VIVA REVOLUTION

Yet another idiot who cannot distinguish between
"illegal immigrant"
and
"immigrant".

No country in the world hesitates to get rid of people who try to enter their nation illegally.

Go to Mexico illegally and see how fast they slap your butt in the wonderful Mexican prison system.

Vince

SamSpade said:
Yet another idiot who cannot distinguish between
"illegal immigrant"
and
"immigrant".

No country in the world hesitates to get rid of people who try to enter their nation illegally.

Go to Mexico illegally and see how fast they slap your butt in the wonderful Mexican prison system.
:yeahthat: What is it about the term "ILLEGAL immigrant" that people don't or won't understand. My grandparents were LEGAL immigrants. They worked hard and got their citizenship the LEGAL way, they learned to speak english, paid taxes, served in the military, etc. So why can't these illegal immigrants go through the process as well?

Toxick

Splat
male20674 said:
Immigrants support our economy just as much as everyone else.

Guess what, Slappy!

NOBODY minds immigrants.

It's the illegal aliens we don't like.

The two terms are not interchangable no matter how much you and the media wish they were.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Toxick said:
Guess what, Slappy!

NOBODY minds immigrants.

It's the illegal aliens we don't like.

The two terms are not interchangable no matter how much you and the media wish they were.
Well, everyone else said it so I'll refrain. :lol:

I hear this nonsense on TV and feel like I'm going crazy. Why would illegal aliens have anything to say about our immigration policies?? I just don't get it....