Illegal Immigrants Plan Nationwide Boycott

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/05/01/D8HB2SBO1.html

Marina Serna, deputy manager for Burger King in downtown Mexico City, said she believed it had an effect. The restaurant had only one client during the first 90 minutes it was open, even though it is owned by Mexicans.

"I'd say that this is bad because even if we work in a company with an international brand, the owners are not from the United States, they are Mexicans," Serna said.
So apparently they're not only boycotting in the US, but they're boycotting locally owned US franchises in Mexico.

:killingme

Kind of like the blonde joke: "What are you laughing at?? You're next!"

:lmao:

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
SamSpade said:
Yet another idiot who cannot distinguish between
"illegal immigrant"
and
"immigrant".

No country in the world hesitates to get rid of people who try to enter their nation illegally.

Go to Mexico illegally and see how fast they slap your butt in the wonderful Mexican prison system.

You said it a little more eloquently than I did on page #1 of this thread, but it seems to be the point(s) that some people just cannot grasp.

Go through the process of getting your citizenship, learn the language enough to read and communicate effectively, and there would be nothing said.

If that is unsatisfactory, then go back home. Period.

LexiGirl75

100% Goapele Head!
crabcake said:
Why don't we just take over Mexico already? :shrug: It's clear most of their people think the government sucks, or they'd stay put and help initiate change vs. risking life and limb to come to the U.S. Let's take it over, get a few companies to go down and create jobs for the people there, and make it easier on us to travel to someplace with clear blue water. :yay:

Maybe we oughta help the illegals overthrow their own government ... then we'd be doing these people a real service vs. handing them healthcare, welfare, and free citizenship here for simply crossing the border. :shrug:

Where have I heard that before? :confused:
I like the way you think, but I don't think they want the US to own Mexico. In fact, I think they would really NOT like that. They may feel that America would change Mexico's authenticity.

Notice, that when they come to America, they don't become American's (in spirit) they make little replicas of their countries in their new neighborhoods.

I had a friend from Durango tell me how the movie makers would come down there and shoot a movie and then leave the place in such a bad condition that Mexico couldn't afford to restore everything.

dck4shrt

LexiGirl75 said:
Notice, that when they come to America, they don't become American's (in spirit) they make little replicas of their countries in their new neighborhoods.

The fact that Latino's are forming neighborhoods with the comforts of home doesn't add to the legal/illegal immigration debate. Pushing anyone (especially legal immigrants) to conform to anything other than language is probably against the grain of our society. Plenty of legal immigrants like to hold onto their identity. I think a natural progression after a few generations has people assimilating into our society anyway. We still have Chinatown and Litty Italy, etc, in many cities and I think they probably started out in a similar fashion as the Latino 'themed' neighborhoods that you might see today. Remember, America is a salad bowl, not a melting pot.

Hessian

Salads go bad after 1 day...

Smelting silver, pewter..gold---last forever.

Please enjoy your Chef salad after 2 days...no, I will not pay your doctor's bill.
Screw the salad---it will only lead to chaos, division, rivalry..and decline.

SamSpade

dck4shrt said:
Remember, America is a salad bowl, not a melting pot.

Says you. Everywhere else this kind of 'multiculturalism' has been implemented has eventually eroded away.

We're not talking 'conformity' or dismissing cultural heritage. Every other culture represented in this country thrives without rejecting *American* culture. That's the other part of the illegal immigration debate that p!sses people off - and it centers largely on language. If I were to become a Japanese citizen, I wouldn't arrive with 12 million of my English speaking brethren and demand that the Japanese government and the surrounding culture to provide services only in my language; sneer at the prospect of actually learning anything more than rudimentary Japanese; and create American versions of all of Japanese culture (or, alternatively, refuse to participate or recongnize any of it, in my community).

Presumably, you go to a new nation, because you want to be a part of it. If you just want to be a parasite and enjoy its freedoms and benefits but altogether refuse to be a part of it, then I'm cool with saying please, just get the hell out.

If you're a guest in my house, I suppose it's ok if you ignore my other guests, talk only to your friends in your own language, and pretend like every one else doesn't exist; I won't like it, but you're a guest, and you're leaving eventually. However, if you choose to be a part of my house, I expect you to participate in it, minimally; carry your share of the burdens and reap the rewards of the benefits. If that's ok with you, mi casa es tu casa. Bienvenidos. Welcome to America. If you come here to mock us, just go back home, because we really don't need you THAT badly here.

Of course, if YOU BREAK INTO MY HOUSE, don't be surprised if you feel a boot in your behind, repeatedly.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
happyappygirl said:
They DO keep Walmart and the liquor stores in business :lol: They get paid in cash (no taxes or culpability, bennies, etc. on the part of their employers), or go to the liquor store and get their checks cashed (for a fee of course), knowing a % will go back into the store before they even walk out the door.

What impact do you think it will have on the infrastructure of our area? Or the actual day to day stuff? Any? A lot? I'll miss Monterey if it's not open :frown:
Is Monterey open? If they closed in protest, they will never get any business from me again.

See how that works? They close for one day. I never go back. If we all do that, then they close and a new, more U.S. friendly business opens in their place.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
male20674 said:
Its times like this when i remember how many closed minded people are in southern md. Remember that our country was built on people trying to make a better life for themselves and their family. As history will show, this is not the first time that people have came to america worked to support their families at home. :war:

Immigrants support our economy just as much as everyone else. I believe that the issue is not how they come but the actual system that allows them to enter the country, but the system the loses them.

SOMEBODY GIVE BUSH A BJ SO WE CAN HURRY UP AND IMPEACH HIM :smack:

VIVA REVOLUTION
Hey stupid. They are illegal!

BuddyLee

Football addict
crabcake said:
Why don't we just take over Mexico already? :shrug: It's clear most of their people think the government sucks, or they'd stay put and help initiate change vs. risking life and limb to come to the U.S. Let's take it over, get a few companies to go down and create jobs for the people there, and make it easier on us to travel to someplace with clear blue water. :yay:

Maybe we oughta help the illegals overthrow their own government ... then we'd be doing these people a real service vs. handing them healthcare, welfare, and free citizenship here for simply crossing the border. :shrug:
It's too bad they didn't attack us in WWII, then we'd have good reason to.:yay:

Pandora

2ndAmendment said:
Is Monterey open? If they closed in protest, they will never get any business from me again.

See how that works? They close for one day. I never go back. If we all do that, then they close and a new, more U.S. friendly business opens in their place.

I can agree with that. If they are in our country, they have to follow our rules. If they are closed, which I seriously doubt they did, then I agree, they are protesting OUR rules in OUR country.

Sam, as always :yay:

B

Bruzilla

SamSpade said:
If I were to become a Japanese citizen, I wouldn't arrive with 12 million of my English speaking brethren and demand that the Japanese government and the surrounding culture to provide services only in my language.

You wouldn't need to. English is almost a co-language in Japan. Most older people speak it, and all of the younger people take mandatory lessons in English in public school. All signs are written in English and Japanese, and most Japanese telecasts that are spoken in Japanese have English subtitles.

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
male20674 said:
Its times like this when i remember how many closed minded people are in southern md. Remember that our country was built on people trying to make a better life for themselves and their family. As history will show, this is not the first time that people have came to america worked to support their families at home. :war:

Immigrants support our economy just as much as everyone else. I believe that the issue is not how they come but the actual system that allows them to enter the country, but the system the loses them.

VIVA REVOLUTION

No one is saying that being an Immigrant is wrong, It's coming into the country and being Illegal that is WRONG! Everyone that came from the old country signed all the right papers, and did what they were suppose to.

Don't blame Bush for doing his job.

If they want to stay, then go fill out the paper work, we aren't pushing the ones that did what they where suppose to out. Just the ones that didn't.

BuddyLee

Football addict
male20674 said:

VIVA REVOLUTION
I thought the majority of those immigrants came to Ellis Island, New York to do it the legal way.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
dck4shrt said:
The fact that Latino's are forming neighborhoods with the comforts of home doesn't add to the legal/illegal immigration debate. Pushing anyone (especially legal immigrants) to conform to anything other than language is probably against the grain of our society. Plenty of legal immigrants like to hold onto their identity. I think a natural progression after a few generations has people assimilating into our society anyway. We still have Chinatown and Litty Italy, etc, in many cities and I think they probably started out in a similar fashion as the Latino 'themed' neighborhoods that you might see today. Remember, America is a salad bowl, not a melting pot.
I have an answer to that.
"We are either a United people, or we are not. If the former, let us, in all maters of general concern act as a nation, which have national objects to promote, and a national character to support. If we are not, let us no longer act a farce by pretending to it." -- George Washington (letter to James Madison, 30 November 1785) Reference: George Washington: A Collection, W.B. Allen, ed. (315)

LexiGirl75

100% Goapele Head!
dck4shrt said:

Actually, my reference to little replica countries was in response to America taking over the Mexican government. I don't think Mexican's or any immigrants want their home country taken over by the USA even though they like some parts of the way this country is, it's not to say they want their country to become a replica of America. Sentimental values I guess. Open to some changes? Si. An entire change... No en su vida!

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
Bruzilla said:
You wouldn't need to. English is almost a co-language in Japan. Most older people speak it, and all of the younger people take mandatory lessons in English in public school. All signs are written in English and Japanese, and most Japanese telecasts that are spoken in Japanese have English subtitles.
I did not find that to be true outside the areas Americans normally travel in Japan. When I got into the countryside, English signs were few and far between and the people might understand your English but were reluctant to speak English.

SamSpade

Bruzilla said:

I take it my point wasn't lost on you, however. Perhaps it might have been more clear had I selected a country where that wasn't the case? Maybe Russia? France?

There's a difference between offering a guest a drink, and your guest demanding one.

And then insulting you because the drink isn't as good as the one from his country.

After you GAVE it to him.