Impeachment

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
why is this even CONSIDERED as some viable testimony ...... 3rd 4th, 5th hand feelings and opinions

WOULD NEVER BE ADMISSIBLE IN A COURT OF LAW ..... but somehow this is relevant in Impeachment Proceedings

Midnightrider

H
why is this even CONSIDERED as some viable testimony ...... 3rd 4th, 5th hand feelings and opinions

WOULD NEVER BE ADMISSIBLE IN A COURT OF LAW ..... but somehow this is relevant in Impeachment Proceedings
hearsay is admitted in court all the time AND this isn’t a court. But don’t let that stand in the way of your talking points

The Boss

tenor.gif

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
hearsay is admitted in court all the time AND this isn’t a court. But don’t let that stand in the way of your talking points

Not when the whole case is built on "Somebody told me someone else said...."

That's why Quigley threw it out there - feeding a talking point to bots like you. And like a good little boy you gobbled it up and barfed it back out. :patpat: :goodboy: :heresatreat:

Now do the one where President Z lied when he said he had no problem with the conversation because he's scared of Trump.

Midnightrider

That's why Quigley threw it out there - feeding a talking point to bots like you. And like a good little boy you gobbled it up and barfed it back out. :patpat: :goodboy: :heresatreat:

Now do the one where President Z lied when he said he had no problem with the conversation because he's scared of Trump.
Bwhahahaha

yeah, it has nothing to do with the reality that hearsay is used in court all the time.....

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Watching Jordan question their "STAR" was priceless! :lmao:

Serious. During his testimony I was like, "How the hell is THIS their star witness???"

Now Chris Wallace et al are trying to pretend Taylor was a GREAT witness. "He took notes!" "He went to West Point!" "He has a wonderful voice!"

:roflmao:

How much of my money is being spent on this bullshit? :mad:

The Boss

So in your mind if someone is in the room and is present when words are said they are still not witness's, correct?

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
Hearsay is admitted in court all the time AND this isn’t a court.
True. I would modify (?) your comment by stating it may not be a court of law, but it is a "trial" in the court of public opinion.

What we're seeing (here and everywhere) are supporters sticking up for their respective sides. Nobody's budging. So that means this "inquiry" is a battle for the independents/currently not committed (to vote, that is) with each side hoping these folks are being swayed to their side.

If that's true I don't see this "inquiry" being persuasive at all for the Dems, but the counter would be that I've picked a side and of course would say that. While I would like to think I'm keeping an open mind that's probably less true than I would hope but more true than folks who disagree with my position would believe.

I guess we'll see by November 2020 (or sooner?).

--- End of line (MCP)

stgislander

PREMO Member
True. I would modify (?) your comment by stating it may not be a court of law, but it is a "trial" in the court of public opinion.

What we're seeing (here and everywhere) are supporters sticking up for their respective sides. Nobody's budging. So that means this "inquiry" is a battle for the independents/currently not committed (to vote, that is) with each side hoping these folks are being swayed to their side.

If that's true I don't see this "inquiry" being persuasive at all for the Dems, but the counter would be that I've picked a side and of course would say that. While I would like to think I'm keeping an open mind that's probably less true than I would hope but more true than folks who disagree with my position would believe.

I guess we'll see by November 2020 (or sooner?).

--- End of line (MCP)
I couldn't have said it better myself. The sides are already set. One sees a "crime" and the other doesn't. Nobody is going to change their minds

BernieP

Resident PIA
Please tell me this isn’t true. If it is, we are doomed...

Apparently it is, and yes we are. When hearsay is not only admitted as evidence, but considered better than direct,
These hearings fill the definition of a Shamockery.
The fact that people actually are lapping this swill up.
But hey, you get basically a story being told by Adam Schiff - not evidence admissible under most rules of law, a hearing being held that violates the foundation of the Bill of Rights - then the media adds their spin to it.
It's whisper down the line.

I heard one republican ask Taylor questions. He's never met the president, he's never spoken to the president, he has no direct knowledge.
But he's a key witness that's done significant damage?

Should I laugh or cry.

Honestly, I am not found of Donald Trump's style. But the more I see, the more I lose faith in my fellow Americans - if we are that anymore.
What Trump has done is to expose what many would have called a wacky conspiracy theory. There is a "shadow" or "deep state" government.
It's been exposed. Some of us have know for decades that there was a one. It just was never used to the extent it's been employed now.

There is a layer in the government, just below the cabinet level offices. They are political appointees but are typically held over from administration to administration because it would be too difficult to replace all those people. Problem is, their shouldn't be that many people in those administrative posts. These are not the people doing the work, these are people with fancy titles that make them sound important, but are nothing more than political hacks. For years they have subverted the presidents when they disagreed with changes. Wonder why programs don't get killed. It's because these people are self serving and run to congress behind their bosses back, they run to the person with the political clout to protect their little empire. They are the sources of leaks and misinformation. But because they have friends in high places they are protected.

That incestuous relationship among this group of elites is being exposed. Family, friends, former bosses (mentors), lobbyists and their lawyers
All travel in the same social circles rubbing elbows with the rich and powerful.

Now they are trying to remove a president from office because he talked about draining the swamp, doesn't do business the way they want and most of all he hurt Hillary Clinton's feelings.

luvmygdaughters

Apparently it is, and yes we are. When hearsay is not only admitted as evidence, but considered better than direct,
These hearings fill the definition of a Shamockery.
The fact that people actually are lapping this swill up.
But hey, you get basically a story being told by Adam Schiff - not evidence admissible under most rules of law, a hearing being held that violates the foundation of the Bill of Rights - then the media adds their spin to it.
It's whisper down the line.

I heard one republican ask Taylor questions. He's never met the president, he's never spoken to the president, he has no direct knowledge.
But he's a key witness that's done significant damage?

Should I laugh or cry.

Honestly, I am not found of Donald Trump's style. But the more I see, the more I lose faith in my fellow Americans - if we are that anymore.
What Trump has done is to expose what many would have called a wacky conspiracy theory. There is a "shadow" or "deep state" government.
It's been exposed. Some of us have know for decades that there was a one. It just was never used to the extent it's been employed now.

There is a layer in the government, just below the cabinet level offices. They are political appointees but are typically held over from administration to administration because it would be too difficult to replace all those people. Problem is, their shouldn't be that many people in those administrative posts. These are not the people doing the work, these are people with fancy titles that make them sound important, but are nothing more than political hacks. For years they have subverted the presidents when they disagreed with changes. Wonder why programs don't get killed. It's because these people are self serving and run to congress behind their bosses back, they run to the person with the political clout to protect their little empire. They are the sources of leaks and misinformation. But because they have friends in high places they are protected.

That incestuous relationship among this group of elites is being exposed. Family, friends, former bosses (mentors), lobbyists and their lawyers
All travel in the same social circles rubbing elbows with the rich and powerful.

Now they are trying to remove a president from office because he talked about draining the swamp, doesn't do business the way they want and most of all he hurt Hillary Clinton's feelings.
Thats why the Dems and some republicans want President Trump out of office. He is uncovering all the BS and waste in the political circus that is DC!!