Is all of this even legal??

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Also:

I find it fascinating that progs take to the streets and bust chit up because they don't like who we elected President, yet when our rights are literally stripped from us we whimper and cower and do as we're commanded.

mitzi

So in other words lie to the authorities? Which is a real crime, while recreational fishing is not?

That's my answer. Lie. Throw a bag of dirty clothes in the back and you're on your way to do laundry (essential). There's all kinds of excuses you can come up with and that can't be proven or not.
I'm avoiding the stores except in the evening when there's less people. I went in Dollar General the other night and I think I was the only one in the store. I don't want to get sick, so I'm taking the precautions that I can.

mitzi

C'mon Mitz - I'll pick you up and we'll go joy riding - crank up the news, roll the windows down, screw the cold weather today. I'm feeling defiant. Let's go egg some state troopers.

Let's go!!! Sounds like fun to me. State Police Barricks and Sheriff's Dept. aren't far from me, we can egg both of them. I have 4 rolls of TP, we can TP some lawns too. Bring a bottle or two of wine and I'll bring the weed. It'll be like ducking the cops when we were young.

I still believe this is a new deadly virus of which we've never seen the likes before and am all for social distancing in order to reduce the spread. :howdy: So I'm have no need to feel threatened nor offended by a temporary tampering of our daily freedoms... it is for the our country... :patriot:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'm avoiding the stores except in the evening when there's less people. I went in Dollar General the other night and I think I was the only one in the store. I don't want to get sick, so I'm taking the precautions that I can.

Isn't that a bit like Russian roulette? How do you know the clerk doesn't have it? Or the stockboy? Or the person who was previously handling what you just picked up, purchased, and brought home with you?

mitzi

Isn't that a bit like Russian roulette? How do you know the clerk doesn't have it? Or the stockboy? Or the person who was previously handling what you just picked up, purchased, and brought home with you?

I knew you were going to say that. I agree 100 percent, you don't know. I feel the less people, the less the risk is. I toss my bags in the car, and disinfect my hands before I get in the car. While it's on my hands, I put it on the bottle. Then disinfect again. When I get home, the bag is dumped in the sink and disinfectant spray what I brought home (except food). Toss the plastic bags in the trash. Wash hands and face. Extreme? Maybe, but I'm trying to do all I can to not pick this sh*t up.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
That's the beauty of it... you still have your right to form your own opinion and so do I. Let freedom ring! :dingding:

Right, but your irrational fears are destroying actual lives. That's not simply an "opinion" and it's definitely not freedom. If it were, you would stay home with your fears and I would be able to move freely.

How is it that you don't see that?

mitzi

It really hasn't affected me that much. I can still go to the commissary, grocery store, laundromat, gas station, bank, exchange, drive thru, for a walk wherever and whenever I damn well please. It's hard to go to non-essential places - especially since they're not open. I did go to Target yesterday and it was ghost town in there. I bought shampoo, conditioner, yu-gi-oh cards, and the new Star Wars movie. I looked at groceries but said screw it. Cashier didn't even blink.

Me too. I go out for what I need and that's how I've always been. I hate browsing and shopping. So the only thing I can't do is eat out, have a drink out, go to a movie, or visit. So it hasn't directly effected me. I feel for the people who can't work, can't take public transportation for their essentials, etc.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Me too. I go out for what I need and that's how I've always been. I hate browsing and shopping. So the only thing I can't do is eat out, have a drink out, go to a movie, or visit.

And in the meantime that restaurant owner and his employees, the bar owner and his employees, the movie theater owner and his employees are all going out of business and out of a job. They're trying to figure out how to keep a roof over their head and feed their families, and you're happy because you don't really care about patronizing their business anyway.

I don't understand this self-absorbed mentality, I honestly don't.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
yet when our rights are literally stripped from us we whimper and cower and do as we're commanded.

come on DJ .. Progs are BEGGING for a take over ... crap they write articles now Trump is a pussy when it comes to being an Authoritarian

mitzi

And in the meantime that restaurant owner and his employees, the bar owner and his employees, the movie theater owner and his employees are all going out of business and out of a job. They're trying to figure out how to keep a roof over their head and feed their families, and you're happy because you don't really care about patronizing their business anyway.

I don't understand this self-absorbed mentality, I honestly don't.

No, I deleted that because of how it sounded. I didn't mean it the way it came off. It did sound self absorbed.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Put their heads on a pike, of course.

j/k

Sort of.

But my real answer is:

Be civilly disobedient. Exercise your rights under the Constitution. Go where you want to go. Throw big fat honking parties. Keep your business open. Patronize a "non-essential" business. Go to the park with your kids. Go for a joyride. Tell those people to GFT and they can't do that chit in OUR United States of America. Egg that busybody neighbor's house until she - and it's almost always a she (even when it's technically a he) - fears us and our liberty more than a handful of government overlords.

They can't arrest all of us.

This is OUR country, not theirs. WE the People, not them the government fascists.

Go massive MLK on their asses. What are they gonna do about it?

If you fear getting sick and dying of this phantom virus, stay home. Who cares. But don't shame and guilt and beg freedom loving American citizens to do the same.

I'm not gonna lie, I can't wait for my very first arrest ever to be because I stood up for my rights as an American. I would be incredibly proud of that. Much better than because I got busted underage drinking or some lame thing.

I completely understand this and don't disagree with it.

I can't personally revolt and risk my son having no one to help him. (because ALL of his support services are non-existent right now. )

In my little neighborhood, there are people walking and jogging. I've seen kids at the BB court ALONE, shooting hoops - not playing games. So far, I haven't see the cops rolling through to harrass anyone. I've been to the grocery stores in the area, and I've also been to the post office to mail something today. The post office was not busy at all, but the gal behind the desk did say they had been pretty busy earlier.

The American Chestnut Land Trust has been posting on FB that their trails are open and one post today even posted to remind everyone about "trail etiquette" -which means that they are getting a heavy influx of new people - which I'm not looking forward to, because that means they're going to be crowded. :( Then again, that won't last long when they see the trails aren't all easy trails. :rolleyes:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
No, I deleted that because of how it sounded. I didn't mean it the way it came off. It did sound self absorbed.

I don't think you are intentionally self-absorbed. I do think people are focused inward and not seeing the big picture and how it's affecting others.

I just read a report that said over 4 million new unemployment filings in March. That's 4 million people out of a job, trying to live on unemployment, which is a pittance, with nobody hiring and no way of knowing when this might end. The official report should be out in a day or so.

I'll tell you straight up - I'm fine. I'm not going to get sick (because pretty much nobody does), and my finances are straight. I'm jacked up if all the RV parks close down, but I have a plan for that, too.

I do, however, see how this is devastating millions of others and it pisses me off to no end.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Also:

I find it fascinating that progs take to the streets and bust chit up because they don't like who we elected President, yet when our rights are literally stripped from us we whimper and cower and do as we're commanded.

But, I'm too cute for jail!!! :diva:

mitzi

I don't think you are intentionally self-absorbed. I do think people are focused inward and not seeing the big picture and how it's affecting others.

I just read a report that said over 4 million new unemployment filings in March. That's 4 million people out of a job, trying to live on unemployment, which is a pittance, with nobody hiring and no way of knowing when this might end. The official report should be out in a day or so.

I'll tell you straight up - I'm fine. I'm not going to get sick (because pretty much nobody does), and my finances are straight. I'm jacked up if all the RV parks close down, but I have a plan for that, too.

I do, however, see how this is devastating millions of others and it pisses me off to no end.

I guess I should have said I'm lucky it hasn't affected me directly. I feel for everyone who has lost their job (I've been there before) and have nothing coming in while they wait on assistance. I'm in a local FB group to assist people who are running out of food, diapers, etc. The woman who is doing this is picking up and delivering on her own time and dime. I posted the link. With all the posts of people with stocked freezers, 6 months of toilet paper, food stocked up for months, etc. I got ONE request for the link to help.