It's hit the fan now!

sockgirl77

Just wait little missy! You'll learn to pick your battles... I promise. :huggy:

Picking battles? There are battles about what clothes to wear and what sports to play. Skipping school, there's no argument about that. My mom's philosophy: Unless you are bleeding, hacking up your lungs, running a high fever, puking, or dead...you're going!

Pandora

Whatever. How was I not supposed to take that personal? Basically you said that there was something wrong with me having 3 kids out of wedlock and I disagree. I'd rather be happily single than miserably married!

Did I say I had a problem with it? Or did I say my father would have had a problem with it?

You went into a spin defending yourself, and I think it bothers YOU more than you let on or you wouldn't constantly defend yourself. :shrug:

sockgirl77

Did I say I had a problem with it? Or did I say my father would have had a problem with it?

You went into a spin defending yourself, and I think it bothers YOU more than you let on or you wouldn't constantly defend yourself. :shrug:

No, it bothers me that people talk crap about it. It does not bother me that I am not married. Not the slightest. :lmao:

Pandora

Picking battles? There are battles about what clothes to wear and what sports to play. Skipping school, there's no argument about that. My mom's philosophy: Unless you are bleeding, hacking up your lungs, running a high fever, puking, or dead...you're going!

I have boys, 9 and 13 years old, so I haven't had the full shot of control issues I know are coming. I know this because I did raise my 2 sisters after my mother died, and I know the eventual control push that is coming in the teenage years.

Actually, one of my sisters is younger than you. You'll learn, right now you have a lot of control but there will come a time when they will want some control, skip days allow that and it is really minor.

They also learn to live with the choice of missing school because it was always understood (as I am sure it is with Kain) that they will make up the missed work.

Last edited:

sockgirl77

I have boys, 9 and 13 years old, so I haven't had the full shot of control issues I know are coming. I know this because I did raise my 2 sisters after my mother died, and I know the eventual control push that is coming in the teenage years.

Actually, one of my sisters is younger than you. You'll learn, right now you have a lot of control but there will come a time when they will want some control, skip days allow that and it is really minor.

Kids should not have control!

K

Kain99

Yes they should! They are little people and soon little adults. Unless you give them some semblance of control you lose!

Don't even tell me, you never skipped behind mean mommies back.

sockgirl77

Yes they should! They are little people and soon little adults. Unless you give them some semblance of control you lose!

Don't even tell me, you never skipped behind mean mommies back.

I did and I got my ass kicked and grounded for it.

SShewbert

What love is all about

Agreed. Maybe I am living in another world but I do not feel the kids should control their parents. Freedom and responsibilty so that they may become independent yes, but not control. And on that note there are other ways to give freedom and responsibilty instead of allowing them to skip. Instead they would lose some freedom by skipping. They will need that education one day. I never did gradute and regret it. I want my kids to have an education. I do think in this case though the step-daddy over reacted. You don't agree with them doing it then ground them and get it over with.

Pandora

Find out what? That I am the parent and will always remain the one in control? I NEVER had control in my parents' house. That was made clear. I turned out just fine. :yay:

I wish we could fast forward your life, ahhh say, about 13 years. :whistle:

See how much you think you know then. :lmao:

K

Kain99

Agreed. Maybe I am living in another world but I do not feel the kids should control their parents. Freedom and responsibilty so that they may become independent yes, but not control. And on that note there are other ways to give freedom and responsibilty instead of allowing them to skip. Instead they would lose some freedom by skipping. They will need that education one day. I never did gradute and regret it. I want my kids to have an education. I do think in this case though the step-daddy over reacted. You don't agree with them doing it then ground them and get it over with.

Young parents..... It's so sweet! :lmao:

K

Kain99

The parents who allow occasional skipping list....

- Kain
- Pandora
- Pete

I know we are not the only ones.... :whistle:

Seriously sockgirl, you fight your kids over everything, they will fight back over the things that really matter.

May I add that my angel is graduating with her nursing degree in the fall and continuing her education another 4 years in Biological Engineering.

My eldest son is employed by the Charles County Sheriffs department.

My sweet little baby will be leaving me for an ET position in the Coast Guard in July.

I think I did pretty good.

Skipping and all.

Pandora

Kain,

My sister is graduating with her Masters in the Spring of 2009 and working for the Feds in the Human Resources Department.

That is really fantastic on all 3. Sounds like all 3 eventually got themselves into highly stressful positions so those "mental health/personal" days must have help them recharge and succeed. :clap: