It's hit the fan now!

punjabigyrl

Hubby has a crazy work schedule so there is one hookie day for daughter and father and another for hubby and son. We have talked about hookie days and to be upfront about it. I'd rather know that they(son or daughter) are at home watching movies, sleeping in etc then find out from school. I have super nosy neighbors and they know who comes and goes so i will find out if something else happens.

MJ

Material Girl
PREMO Member
I let my kids take a day off now and then and they're both on the honor roll. :razz:

R

redhotmomma

My Dad didn't care if i went to school or not. When i moved in with him it took him 3 weeks to sign me up for the new school.He didnt care about my grades. He said i have to learn on my own. Ya well that screwed me up. No i am regretting skipping school and getting into trouble. Now that i am about to turn 26 i look back and was like damn i could of already graduated collage and have a great job.I will not let my kids skip school. I hope they make it year round.I want better for my kids. I am going to collage next year woo hoo! Go me!

Pete

Repete
My Dad didn't care if i went to school or not. When i moved in with him it took him 3 weeks to sign me up for the new school.He didnt care about my grades. He said i have to learn on my own. Ya well that screwed me up. No i am regretting skipping school and getting into trouble. Now that i am about to turn 26 i look back and was like damn i could of already graduated collage and have a great job.I will not let my kids skip school. I hope they make it year round.I want better for my kids. I am going to collage next year woo hoo! Go me!

Art major?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
What an evil little world in which we reside. Somethings wrong. :lmao:

No ####. The people who paid it in don't get any of it back, but those who paid nothing or next to it get something back.

Bush sucks.

I paid more in taxes than my daughter *made* last year, and she got a stimulus check.

Pete

Repete
OK, who is the a-hole who called DHS and ratted me out letting my kid skip? I can't believe they got here so fast.

K

kris31280

If I wanted to skip, all I had to do was tell my mother what I was skipping and why. Usually it was the damn pep rally I'd skip for an hour or 2 and we'd go have breakfast.

I also didn't have a curfew, so I could hang out with my friends until 3 am if I wanted, but my butt had better be up and in school by the time school started.

If my grades started to slip, then all my privelages went away.

Personally I think the guy is being way over the top and if he thought he had a rebellious teen on his hands now...

SShewbert

What love is all about
May I add that my angel is graduating with her nursing degree in the fall and continuing her education another 4 years in Biological Engineering.

My eldest son is employed by the Charles County Sheriffs department.

My sweet little baby will be leaving me for an ET position in the Coast Guard in July.

I think I did pretty good.

Skipping and all.

Congrats. They sound like they have turned into fine young adults. I am sure you have done a great job in raising them. I was simply stating that I do not agree with skipping school. In a few years that may change. I remember there were a few times that my mom let me miss so that her and I could do something. I am not saying they will not miss days I am just saying that they will not be skipping and going out and partying.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
Your posts are proof positive you should NOT have missed any days from school and should still be attending. :faint:

P.S. Learn how to spell college before applying to one. :yay: