It's really happening.....

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
I have some kind of mesh type stuff on my seats, and it's even dog proof! It's a Nissan though. :neener:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
SmallTown said:
The point of it is to have the power of the 6 cylinder, with the economy of the 4. I don't think Honda marketed the call well enough, and now they are pulling it because of slow sales.

:killingme Ok, well the Toyota hybrid has 192 hp to the Hondas 120something I think.... lemme go check. Maybe I can find one real cheap.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
pixiegirl said:
:killingme Ok, well the Toyota hybrid has 192 hp to the Hondas 120something I think.... lemme go check. Maybe I can find one real cheap.

I'm medicated. Really. The side by sides must be getting to me. It's 253. :faint: And it's a 6.

Handling the damaged vehicle:

1. Necessary items

a. Protective clothing (insulated gloves, rubber gloves, goggles) wear nothing made of leather or wool.
b . Saturated boric acid solution 20L

c. Red litmus paper

d. Class D extinguisher

e. Towels

f. Vinyl tape for insulating cables

2. Actions to be taken

a. Wear protective gear

b. Do not touch a bare cable that could be a high voltage cable. If you need to
touch it, wear insulated gloves and use vinyl tape to insulate the ends of the
cable.

c. If the vehicle is on fire in the engine compartment or trunk (battery) area use a
Type D dry powder extinguisher to extinguish the fire. Using water can be
more dangerous than effective unless using a very large flow of water
(250gpm +)

d. If the vehicle is partially submerged in water, do not touch any of the high
voltage components or cables because of the danger of electrocution.

e. Do not touch any leaking fluids because it could be the highly alkaline
electrolyte. If the fluid needs to be removed wear rubber gloves and goggles,
neutralize the electrolyte with saturated boric acid or a charcoal solution, and
check with red litmus paper to make sure it does not turn blue.

f. If damage to any of the high voltage components and cables are suspected,
disconnect the high voltage circuit by putting the vehicle in park and engaging
the emergency brake, shut off and remove the ignition key. Disconnect the 12
volt battery cables and isolate.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
It's really happening..... 05-03-2006 02:08 PM BMW > LEXUS. Not even remotely close.

You're right Lexus do have higher consumer satisfaction and reliability ratings. :yay:

R

remaxrealtor

pixiegirl said:
You know he is. :yay:

Funny story... I was talking to him a couple days ago about different options. He says to me..."you never know you could want a BMW in a couple years." I say ":lmao: honey, I'm driving a Lexus!" he says "Well what the hell am I doing wrong!" So then I had to explain to him that I was once a foolish girl in my early 20s, blah, blah, blah... I love both of you guys; really. You are both top notch people. :yay: :yay:
Right back at ya! :huggy:

R

remaxrealtor

It's really happening..... 05-03-2006 12:31 PM ignorant

WTF? I was asking her if she was using the loan officer I refered her to when I sold her the house, you f-ing jackass.

During Emergency, an Added Danger: Hybrid Cars Viewed As Rescue Obstacles

If a person is trapped in a hybrid car -- one propelled by both an electric battery and a gasoline engine -- how fast can he use hydraulic cutters such as the Jaws of Life without risking electrocution from severing the high-voltage cables that run underneath?

"You have two choices," he said. "Do you do a rapid extrication and try to save the patient and get involved with something you shouldn't? How far do you push that?"

Hybrid cars, produced by Honda, Toyota and Ford for U.S. markets, don't have a standard procedure for disabling their battery packs and undercarriage cables, which can contain up to 500 volts of electricity. Instead, firefighters have to rely on publications such as "The Rescuer's Guide to Vehicle Safety Systems" to know what to do, Tapp said.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
kwillia said:
During Emergency, an Added Danger: Hybrid Cars Viewed As Rescue Obstacles

If a person is trapped in a hybrid car -- one propelled by both an electric battery and a gasoline engine -- how fast can he use hydraulic cutters such as the Jaws of Life without risking electrocution from severing the high-voltage cables that run underneath?

"You have two choices," he said. "Do you do a rapid extrication and try to save the patient and get involved with something you shouldn't? How far do you push that?"

Hybrid cars, produced by Honda, Toyota and Ford for U.S. markets, don't have a standard procedure for disabling their battery packs and undercarriage cables, which can contain up to 500 volts of electricity. Instead, firefighters have to rely on publications such as "The Rescuer's Guide to Vehicle Safety Systems" to know what to do, Tapp said.

I can see what my Kwilliabear is trying to do here.... You want to frustrate me to the point where I throw my arms up in the air say effe it all I'm keeping what I have! Don't ya? Don't ya! I can see right through your little tricks! :popcorn:

pixiegirl said:
I can see what my Kwilliabear is trying to do here.... You want to frustrate me to the point where I throw my arms up in the air say effe it all I'm keeping what I have! Don't ya? Don't ya! I can see right through your little tricks! :popcorn:
Kwillia just wants you to do your homework before you decide on a hybrid. Kwillia knows that 9 times outta 10 you have the youngins traveling with you and Kwillia knows you value their safety more than you value that extra buck you may save in fuel. :huggy:

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Pix,

How much more do you think you'd be saving in gas? When I was commuting to Arlington (from Mechanicsville) I would spend about $100 a week in gas and that's with my 4-cylinder Accord. I don't know how far your commute is per day (60-70 miles???) but mine was close to 100 if I remember correctly.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Also, day's car is a 6-cylinder and even though it costs a little more to fill up, it gets more miles per tank. The gasoline cost for both vehicles is pretty much the same for this reason. Maintenance is a different story...:lol:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
kwillia said:
Handling the damaged vehicle:

1. Necessary items

a. Protective clothing (insulated gloves, rubber gloves, goggles) wear nothing made of leather or wool.
b . Saturated boric acid solution 20L

c. Red litmus paper

d. Class D extinguisher

e. Towels

f. Vinyl tape for insulating cables

2. Actions to be taken

a. Wear protective gear

b. Do not touch a bare cable that could be a high voltage cable. If you need to
touch it, wear insulated gloves and use vinyl tape to insulate the ends of the
cable.

c. If the vehicle is on fire in the engine compartment or trunk (battery) area use a
Type D dry powder extinguisher to extinguish the fire. Using water can be
more dangerous than effective unless using a very large flow of water
(250gpm +)

d. If the vehicle is partially submerged in water, do not touch any of the high
voltage components or cables because of the danger of electrocution.

e. Do not touch any leaking fluids because it could be the highly alkaline
electrolyte. If the fluid needs to be removed wear rubber gloves and goggles,
neutralize the electrolyte with saturated boric acid or a charcoal solution, and
check with red litmus paper to make sure it does not turn blue.

f. If damage to any of the high voltage components and cables are suspected,
disconnect the high voltage circuit by putting the vehicle in park and engaging
the emergency brake, shut off and remove the ignition key. Disconnect the 12
volt battery cables and isolate.
This is all a scare tactic form the Gov't that doesn't want you buying hybrid vehicles..

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Chasey_Lane said:
Also, day's car is a 6-cylinder and even though it costs a little more to fill up, it gets more miles per tank. The gasoline cost for both vehicles is pretty much the same for this reason.
WOW, you must be a MATHEMATICAL genius, 'cause I don't get this..

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Chasey_Lane said:
Pix,

How much more do you think you'd be saving in gas? When I was commuting to Arlington (from Mechanicsville) I would spend about $100 a week in gas and that's with my 4-cylinder Accord. I don't know how far your commute is per day (60-70 miles???) but mine was close to 100 if I remember correctly.

I'm not sold on a hybrid by any means. It's everyone else that's trying to talk me into it. If I had MY way I'd have the 6 banger Avalon. But the pigs would ruin it inside 3 months so it'd probably be a waste. If I can find a decent used one I'll likely go for it but I only like the new body style so chances of that happening are slim to none. I like the new Camry but can't see sinking all that money on a brand spanking new car for the same piggie reason.

My round trip is just over 50 miles. I'd put money on me ending up with an Accord. :shrug: The used market is big and it'll be easy to find one with the features I want.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
If my car has a 20 gallon tank and gets 250 miles per tankful, and your car has a 10 gallon tank and gets 200 miles.. My car would be more economical??

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
itsbob said:
WOW, you must be a MATHEMATICAL genius, 'cause I don't get this..

That's easy dingy. My car gets more miles per tank then my old Shadow. That's per TANK. I think the tank is like twice as big. Of course that Shadow only cost me like $10 to fill up too! :lmao: