Jaguars at the Redskins - Another Blowout?

Looks like Jim Zorn has his work cut out for him! :killingme

Probably so, but I still do not put a lot of stock in pre-season.

...or not, you can't hide that both lines look very shaky. There isn't a whole lot to hide in the play book when we're simply over matched.

Gonna be a long season.

Yes, this is true - the offensive line runs hot and cold, their is no consistency, but it has been like this for a few years - outside of injuries that is...

The D-Line has always performed all we can do is wait and see. :shrug:

I see Redskin fans everyday at my workplace. Many of them say that Jason Campbell, (when he plays) is still holding on to the football - way too long, before he decides to get rid of it.

Yes, at times but I believe there are two variables that play into this;

I think a large part of this is yet another offense he is trying to learn. After 4 seasons he is starting back at square one... yet another inconsistenty.

The second piece is I wonder if he is thinking to much? He is a natural quarterback (IMO like Colt Brennan) but I believe the pressure of him performing is another factor that plays into him holding onto the ball. :shrug: Like he is looking for the play instead of letting his natural abilities to take over within the play.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Probably so, but I still do not put a lot of stock in pre-season.

Yes, at times but I believe there are two variables that play into this;

I think a large part of this is yet another offense he is trying to learn. After 4 seasons he is starting back at square one... yet another inconsistenty.

The second piece is I wonder if he is thinking to much? He is a natural quarterback (IMO like Colt Brennan) but I believe the pressure of him performing is another factor that plays into him holding onto the ball. :shrug: Like he is looking for the play instead of letting his natural abilities to take over within the play.

ie., he's not going with the flow.

AndyMarquisLIVE

This is a normal behaviour for all Washington area sports fans. It's called badwagon fans. I can hear them now. We want Todd We want Todd!! Todd Collins that is.
All the Redskins fans left Uno's once Jacksonville scored no. 2, just like last weekend at Chilis.

I'd like to meet some Redskins fans that will stick around until the completion of the game.

AndyMarquisLIVE

They need to cut Jason Campbell.
:yeahthat:

Jason Campbell sucks. It's almost as if he has no depth perception. And when the pressure's on, he has a total meltdown.

Colt Brennan needs experience, but he might make a solid quarterback in the next year or two. But Campbell's the problem. Campbell going down and out last season was the best thing to happen to the 'Skins.

LateApex

His problem is he's not smart enough.

What I mean is he can't process information quick enough.

He did moderately well in college because of his athletic ability and the level of competition he played against wasn't NFL caliber.

The defenses he played against weren't as fast/quick. The windows he had to throw in were much much larger than what he gets in the NFL.

When it's crunch time he just doesn't/can't deliver.

Coupled with the fact that your Oline is getting manhandled - it's going to be a disaster.

Yes it's only preseason. Yes it doesn't mean anything.

But, you can't be blind to the fact that theres a problem.

Peter Forsberg

All the Redskins fans left Uno's once Jacksonville scored no. 2, just like last weekend at Chilis.

I'd like to meet some Redskins fans that will stick around until the completion of the game.
Doesn't happen. Bandwagon fans. Look at all the CAPS fans came out of the wood work this past season.

Last edited:

LastSon

Man of Tomorrow
It really amuses me though to see a Philadelphia fan calling fans fair-weather when Jimmy Rollins called you out last week for being "front runners".

Little bit of the pot calling the kettle black?

But are we really talking about attendence to preseason football? You look at any stadium around the league and by the end almost all of them are empty. Especially on a thursday night (meaning people have to get up and go to work the next day) and with the weather not being the best in the world. In fact it started raining at the beginning of the 4th quarter or so. Think that had anything to do with it clearing out? I'm gonna bet yes. Don't you worry, FedEx will be filled up with 90,000+ when the games actually start counting.

Black-Francis

:yeahthat:

Jason Campbell sucks. It's almost as if he has no depth perception. And when the pressure's on, he has a total meltdown.

Colt Brennan needs experience, but he might make a solid quarterback in the next year or two. But Campbell's the problem. Campbell going down and out last season was the best thing to happen to the 'Skins.

Again.... How many Super Bowls has Jax played in?

0.0 zero point zero

Just like the amount of women you have had!

Peter Forsberg

It really amuses me though to see a Philadelphia fan calling fans fair-weather when Jimmy Rollins called you out last week for being "front runners".

Little bit of the pot calling the kettle black?

But are we really talking about attendence to preseason football? You look at any stadium around the league and by the end almost all of them are empty. Especially on a thursday night (meaning people have to get up and go to work the next day) and with the weather not being the best in the world. In fact it started raining at the beginning of the 4th quarter or so. Think that had anything to do with it clearing out? I'm gonna bet yes. Don't you worry, FedEx will be filled up with 90,000+ when the games actually start counting.
I have Redskins season tickets and I have seen it all at Deadskins park. Even a fan that spends big money for her season ticket every season to only sleep at every game. Since you had to bring up baseball how bout them Nats!

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I will...

I have Redskins season tickets and I have seen it all at Deadskins park. Even a fan that spends big money for her season ticket every season to only sleep at every game. Since you had to bring up baseball how bout them Nats!

...enjoy ever y play of an 0-16 season before I get interested in basebore again.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Most of the time, preseason games give a particular team's fans an indication, or preview of what they're going to see during the regular season, no?

What kind of preview, or insight, was given to those fans - during those last two blowouts?

The GIANTS won their last two games! :yahoo:
Wrong again Pennhead. You lost that second to last game against the Jets. You also have been sacked a multitude of times. If we use your same logic, I'd hate to be Eli in the pocket this year.

Don't worry, we won't hit him that hard.:poorbaby:

T

toppick08

The football pool is going to be so much fun.........:lol:, can't wait for the trainwreck.:lol: