Janet Yellen blames Americans' 'splurging' for record-high inflation

SamSpade

For me, the bread usually molds before I get half way through a loaf.

Just not a bread person I guess.

Fresh vegs go quickly. Cukes turn into pickled cucumbers with onions for the fridge.
We tend to freeze our loaves until they're ready for consumption. I usually have one or two frozen, once the bread fiend is ready for it.
My son LOVES bread. MANY times, he eats bread sandwiches. You might call them "air" sandwiches, because it is literally two pieces of bread with nothing in between. If he eats a muffin or biscuit, it will be with NOTHING on it. And he will eat them like candy.

Unlike my youngest, who will toss the bread and eat the hot dog or hamburger or really, any kind of sandwich. She's huge on declaring how much she hates bread - and cheese - and tomatoes.

Until I mention she loves pizza, Then she changes the subject.

SamSpade

BTW - some perishable items, we do tend to buy at ALDI. Because unlike Giant or HT - THEIR prices will fluctuate. Sometimes their eggs will be seriously cheap - and then bounce up the next day. Milk, cheese, butter, likewise.

SamSpade

Can't do that.

It would take up as much space as two six packs. :yikes:
Until I think about it - we have serious freezer space. A large French door in the kitchen with freezer on the bottom.
A larger freezer only in the pantry - big enough to STAND inside -
Another one in the garage.

And an extra old fashioned type fridge downstairs with the small freezer on top.

And then there's - during winter months - the GIANT freezer on the back porch otherwise known as OUTSIDE.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
When I buy bread, it gets stored in the microwave for a few days, then moves inside the fridge.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
:yay:

I put 3k into my 2004 just last spring to ensure it's good for the next 10 years.
After shopping around a bit and kicking some tires of new trucks, wife decided it was a much wiser chocie to keep her 2002 F-450. Hill's in Bushwood got over 8 grand to perform what was essentially a "make it like new" work list. :(

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
And absolutely NO ONE is able to admit they were wrong.
And absolutely NO ONE can handle it when they are called on their BS.

:tantrum:

How do you not understand that you're being a toddler when you go on these silly rants?

Who is stopping you from speaking your mind?

Who is stopping you from disagreeing with others?

Are you seriously that thin-skinned and immature? Now you want to force everyone to admit they're wrong when you disagree with them?

WTF, dude?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I agree 100%. My argument is that if the inflation is hurting ALL of us so badly, then you would see abysmal to near nothing as far as luxury sales. Apparently, there are still those that have enough for the new cars, luxuries, and inflated prices at the grocery. As long as that is occurring, then the pricing will not change very much.

AGAIN, what is 1% of 335,000,000?

LightRoasted

If I may ...
For your consideration ...

That's because TECHNICALLY, inflation is measured as a currency attribute. What we all experience as inflation is "technically" something else, except that the result is the same - stuff costs more. In the case of things like groceries and gas - a LOT more.

Technically, inflation is a monetary phenomenon caused by the expansion of the money supply.

In your comparison of cucumbers to bread. ~ Cucumbers; plant seed, yada yada yada, harvest, maybe a bumper crop, package and off to market, requires less human labor.

Bread; flour, yeast, sugar, salt, water, eggs, oil; needs industrial equipment to process, bake and package. Requires more human labor.

One of these has a much lower cost to produce than the other.