JP for Governor.

VoteJP

J.P. Cusick
Rock and roll.

Ummm No Maryland nor any other state may not reject the mandates. Per my long post to you, under the Social Security act- All states in order to receive TANF funds IE: welfare and medical assistance funds from the feds ... MUST have child support enforcement policy in place.

No child support..... No welfare funds
:bigwhoop: That we would receive the penalties is understood, so we can deny the mandate and getting penalized is just part of the denial and part of the tactic.

I am referring to fighting the thieves and not kissing up to them.

It would hurt a bit but we could manage, and it is possible that we could find a way to do it more diplomatically so the bugs and complications might be worked out at that time to make the change a little easier going.

:drummer:

VoteJP

J.P. Cusick
Rock and roll.

You sound very bitter. I'm starting to understand.
:whistle: I guess it might sound "bitter" and I do not know that maybe it is "bitter" but I do not see bitterness as having any influence on the cold hard realities that child support is a complete fraud.

In fact I do not see why more people are not bitter about the thieves.

So even if I can be seen as "bitter" over this one subject, then it really does not affect me as my own case is long years closed and I am a very happy person in most regards.

bcp

In My Opinion
Look JP, I'm really trying to help you out here. Ok, not really but still..

You need to address the issues that Maryland voters (those you want to win over) are concerned with.

layoffs
State economy
Housing costs
Energy costs
Traffic
Crime
education

example, why are people being laid off yet that ICC that the public did not want continues to be built?
Why wouldn't they put the ICC on hold long enough to stabilize the economy and save some jobs and services?
Who is padding their pockets on this project?

Why are all the new developments being built as McMansions when there is an obvious need to go back to the smaller style home of the 60s?

Why cant the state put up a few more clean and efficient nuclear power plants and get rid of those expensive to run fossil fuel plants.

Why do the liberal judges think its a good idea to let criminals walk time after time?
Why not put those with minor drug offenses to work in public service instead of paying to support them in jail?

Why is education one of the hardest hit services in the state?

see, these are things people think about on a daily basis. Am I going to have a job next week and still be able to feed my family? if fuel goes up anymore, what do I cut out in order to still make it back and forth to work.

The few ignorant child support criminals that are rightfully in jail is not a concern over any contributing citizen in the state. And realistically, there are not enough of these criminals to vote you in.

You need to do like the average democrat.
Lie like hell to get elected, then go after your personal agenda and claim that the winning of the election was a mandate that this is what the people wanted.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
:whistle: I guess it might sound "bitter" and I do not know that maybe it is "bitter" but I do not see bitterness as having any influence on the cold hard realities that child support is a complete fraud.

In fact I do not see why more people are not bitter about the thieves.

So even if I can be seen as "bitter" over this one subject, then it really does not affect me as my own case is long years closed and I am a very happy person in most regards.

You know a lot of people that do pay child support don't like it, but it is their responsibility to do so, something you obviously don't know anything about. They helped to create the child so they should help to financially care for the child. Why do you think this is theft? You know what, don't even bother answering that, I'm done talking about child support, move on to some other idiotic idea you have.

VoteJP

J.P. Cusick
Rock and roll.

You know a lot of people that do pay child support don't like it, but it is their responsibility to do so, something you obviously don't know anything about. They helped to create the child so they should help to financially care for the child. Why do you think this is theft?
:whistle: The reality is that ALL all parents take care of their own children and it is not just a few.

There really is no reason to steal the child support at all but since our society distrust the American parents then now we have child support based solely on force and stealing.

And the reality is that the parents would give the children far more than dirty cash payments but the parents being compelled to pay the thieving child support lowers the quality of American parenting.

There are millions of parents across the USA that do not pay the thieving child support but that has nothing at all to do with supporting the children because the children already have all their needs filled to over flowing.

Nobody is resisting their children as this is just a case of resisting the thievery.

Custodians mis-claim that the separated parents owe them cold cash when nobody owes them one single dime, and the thieving child support interferes with the parents honestly and freely providing for their own kids.

The child support laws are based on the distrust of the American parents and I want us to go back to honest decency.

bcp

In My Opinion
because the children already have all their needs filled to over flowing.
Would it be possible for you to list the needs of a child, and in your opinion how children living with a single mother on welfare with no support or help from the father have any of those needs over flowing?

I know it would be an easier question if you had ever been a father, but still give it a try.

Im just curious.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Would it be possible for you to list the needs of a child, and in your opinion how children living with a single mother on welfare with no support or help from the father have any of those needs over flowing?

I know it would be an easier question if you had ever been a father, but still give it a try.

Im just curious.

I don't think he gets the fact that a child in a dual income family is better off than not. If one of the parents leaves the family, the income is basically cut in half (or there about). Just because that parent leaves the family unit, it doesn't mean that they should not still contribute to that child.

bcp

In My Opinion
I don't think he gets the fact that a child in a dual income family is better off than not. If one of the parents leaves the family, the income is basically cut in half (or there about). Just because that parent leaves the family unit, it doesn't mean that they should not still contribute to that child.
In my case, Pan Lady makes more than enough to raise the skillet without me. She might have to get rid of my truck and the camper, but other than that she could do it without much difference in the younguns way of life.

I take care of the little things like retirement, college, trips, truck and camper payment and the occassional extra that we might engage in like, dance lessons for skillet.

However, if I were to leave, (and I have no intention of doing so) I would still continue sending money so the college fund could grow, and pan lady could still retire without any problems. Although, she does have her own retirement also. To not provide for the ex's future could put the child in a position of having to help care for her when that time comes. Not at all fair.

I can assure you, nothing would change for my daughter except me yelling at her to clean her room.

I guess Im just a damn fool for thinking that way. Up until now I had no idea that everyone else would chip in and make sure my daughter had everything while I ran off and pursued a career in painting government buildings.

sunflower

Loving My Life...
In my case, Pan Lady makes more than enough to raise the skillet without me. She might have to get rid of my truck and the camper, but other than that she could do it without much difference in the younguns way of life.

I take care of the little things like retirement, college, trips, truck and camper payment and the occassional extra that we might engage in like, dance lessons for skillet.

However, if I were to leave, (and I have no intention of doing so) I would still continue sending money so the college fund could grow, and pan lady could still retire without any problems. Although, she does have her own retirement also. To not provide for the ex's future could put the child in a position of having to help care for her when that time comes. Not at all fair.

I can assure you, nothing would change for my daughter except me yelling at her to clean her room.

I guess Im just a damn fool for thinking that way. Up until now I had no idea that everyone else would chip in and make sure my daughter had everything while I ran off and pursued a career in painting government buildings.

What a great husband and father you are... And I agree with everything you recommended...

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member

I SO agree with you! As for the cleaning her room bit - at least she has her own room to clean! :lmao:

xusnret

Full disclosure

:whistle: I try not to elaborate on that one, but since you ask;

I was injured in the St. Mary's County Detention Center (1995 or 96?) when the guards beat me up and one of the 5 guards purposely came full weight down over my shoulders to purposely crush my backbone cartilages and it worked for him very well.

I learned later that the Correctional Officers train in ways of attacking and damaging the inmates in ways that can not be easily verified or seen, like my backbone being crushed left no scares and no bruise and they refused me any real medical attention afterward and I was just one of many inmates to be assaulted and crippled by the guards.

Most inmates do not get assaulted by the Correction Officers but over time it amounts to quite a few that do, and when they beat up one inmate then the terror tactic is seen and received by the hundred other inmates that know about it.

And I feel that I must confess that I do know of other inmates that have been brutalized far worse than I was by the guards.

And of course it was said to be my own fault as it is when the guards beat up any inmate that it is always recorded as the inmates' own fault every time.

As an elected official are you willing to provide a full disclosure of your police record disclosing all periods of incarcerations and the reasons why? I think you should put that on your website also. It's better to disclose these facts up front instead of waiting for your opponents to use them in a campaign against you. Additionally your resume would be very beneficial, to show your qualifications and work history would provide a robust platform that your supporter would be conformable with while backing you in your run for Governor.

What are your opinions on issues that affect the majority of people in the fine state of Maryland? Do you believe that slot machines should be brought back into Maryland to generate revenue and how should this income be used? What would you do to bring the rising unemployment rate into check? How would you stop the property tax increases from spiraling out of control? These are the issues to focus on, you probably wouldn't find enough people in Maryland concerned with the Child Support issue you are beating to death to fill a short bus, you want to be Governor then prove you are capable. Also during your description of your injuries received in St Mary County lockup why does the dueling banjos tune come to mind?

Bay_Kat

Tropical
As an elected official are you willing to provide a full disclosure of your police record disclosing all periods of incarcerations and the reasons why? I think you should put that on your website also. It's better to disclose these facts up front instead of waiting for your opponents to use them in a campaign against you. Additionally your resume would be very beneficial, to show your qualifications and work history would provide a robust platform that your supporter would be conformable with while backing you in your run for Governor.

What are your opinions on issues that affect the majority of people in the fine state of Maryland? Do you believe that slot machines should be brought back into Maryland to generate revenue and how should this income be used? What would you do to bring the rising unemployment rate into check? How would you stop the property tax increases from spiraling out of control? These are the issues to focus on, you probably wouldn't find enough people in Maryland concerned with the Child Support issue you are beating to death to fill a short bus, you want to be Governor then prove you are capable. Also during your description of your injuries received in St Mary County lockup why does the dueling banjos tune come to mind?

:popcorn:

VoteJP

J.P. Cusick
Rock and roll.

JPC, do you not believe that parents should be financially responsible for their children at all?
:buddies: That is what we use to call "MARRIAGE" or staying MARRIED.

I do believe in marriage and not in making divorce comfortable and easy.

VoteJP

J.P. Cusick
Rock and roll.

Im just curious.
:whistle: That list of needs has already been done long ago by the Child Support laws (both Federal and State laws) in that the poorest of poor parents on welfare are not given their child support money because all of their needs are filled completely to the maximum and absolutely nothing extra is required.

And that means no support (no money) from the separated parents (whether fathers or mothers).

This is the reasoning behind the States taking the child support loot and putting it into the State treasuries and it is not given to the custodial or to the children.

According to this policy the poorest of the poor custodians and the poorest of children and the poorest of families do not need one penny more.

So there is the list and there is the proof - by law.

:howdy:

bcp

In My Opinion
:whistle: That list of needs has already been done long ago by the Child Support laws (both Federal and State laws) in that the poorest of poor parents on welfare are not given their child support money because all of their needs are filled completely to the maximum and absolutely nothing extra is required.

And that means no support (no money) from the separated parents (whether fathers or mothers).

This is the reasoning behind the States taking the child support loot and putting it into the State treasuries and it is not given to the custodial or to the children.

According to this policy the poorest of the poor custodians and the poorest of children and the poorest of families do not need one penny more.

:howdy:
I thought the state took the support money to help repay and offset the expense of the welfare in the first place.
Do you think that the absent parent should bear no responsibility for the cost incurred by the state to provide for their children?

VoteJP

J.P. Cusick
Rock and roll.

:popcorn: I really do get that fact and it concerns me very much.

So what the law needs to do is to promote the family to stay together. The law could even encourage the couple to reconcile and reunite, and the law needs to protect the family as a unit.

But now the child support and custody laws do the opposite. The law now promotes divorce and empowers adultery and the law breaks up the family units.

Both parents contributing to the child is what marriage means - separation and divorce means the opposite of that.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
:buddies: That is what we use to call "MARRIAGE" or staying MARRIED.

I do believe in marriage and not in making divorce comfortable and easy.

I think no child support would make divorce comfortable and easy.

I get the feeling your wife cheated on you then when you split up she hit you pretty hard for child support. You really are very bitter. And really, you should stop with the Rock and Roll, it's not very befitting for a man that looks like he's about 100 years old.

bcp

In My Opinion
By the way, I did not notice the list.
could you spell it out for me?

and, The other question I asked regarding laying off workers, or laying off welfare recipients instead was never answered. Could you share your thoughts on this? I'm pretty sure that it can not be considered confrontational in any way, so you should really have no problem answering it.
If by some really strange twist of fate you did end up in the Governors office, I'm sure questions like this will come across your desk, and you will be expected to handle them. How would you handle it.

VoteJP

J.P. Cusick
Rock and roll.

As an elected official are you willing to provide a full disclosure of your police record disclosing all periods of incarcerations and the reasons why? I think you should put that on your website also.
:howdy: My police record is already open to the public both online and at the Courthouse, and since my record represents primarily my civil resistance to the child support then I am really rather proud of it.

I did put it onto my 2008 campaign website and that is still available HERE for anyone to see.
It's better to disclose these facts up front instead of waiting for your opponents to use them in a campaign against you.
No, I tried that before and now I know better.
Additionally your resume would be very beneficial, to show your qualifications and work history would provide a robust platform that your supporter would be conformable with while backing you in your run for Governor.
Nope, I do not buy that either.

I am running based on my platform and not on myself.
What are your opinions on issues that affect the majority of people in the fine state of Maryland? Do you believe that slot machines should be brought back into Maryland to generate revenue and how should this income be used? What would you do to bring the rising unemployment rate into check? How would you stop the property tax increases from spiraling out of control? These are the issues to focus on, you probably wouldn't find enough people in Maryland concerned with the Child Support issue you are beating to death to fill a short bus, you want to be Governor then prove you are capable.
Child support affects far more people than any other issue even if most people are too blind to see it.

All that other stuff you list is for the other candidate to cry about.
Also during your description of your injuries received in St Mary County lockup why does the dueling banjos tune come to mind?
I did not give the details as a sad story but just that some one asked me and I gave the accounting accordingly.

From my own perspective I see my back-injury as a war wound that I am proud to have received in my combat, and I do not try to preach about it coming from the Detention Center but some one asked a direct question and so I gave my direct answer.

And I love short buses.
:shortbus: