Kamala Harris

I would have much preferred Tulsi Gabbard as a moderate influence who is more ideologically driven. I don't think Kamala Harris knows who she is. Is she a hardline prosecutor who is tough on crime or is she a liberal? I'm not a supporter of either party, so I'll vote independent like I always do. However, this was a safe pick overall.

Chris0nllyn

How is it that you ask these questions at your age?

He donated to her for the same reason all major business owners give to political candidates: to buy influence.

Why do you think any of these people buy politicians? Why do you think Trump made a point to eliminate that from his 2016 campaign?

If you'd thought about that for two seconds before barfing up your masters' talking points you'd never say something so stupid.

He lived in New York and "bought" a California AG's influence while she was a candidate? Trump was asked to donate by a shitty NY AG (Schneiderman) who happened to have been investigating Trump University. According to Trump, Schneiderman gave “persistent, unsolicited and unqualified reassurances that the investigation would never eventuate in a lawsuit". Trump made at least one of the contributions because "Mr. Schneiderman’s former transition committee leader asked my daughter Ivanka if she would arrange for me to make a contribution to a fundraising event sponsored by Mr. Schneiderman for newly elected California Attorney General Kamala Harris".

Trump made it a point to do that? Is that why 40% of his senior-level picks were large campaign donors?

Todd Ricketts was nominated after being one of the GOP's top donors (Over $15.7 million in 2016).
Betsy DeVos spent $10.4 million. She and her husband contributed to 17 of the senators tasked with confirming her.
Linda McMahon donated $6 million
Andy Puzder
Steve Mnuchin
Rebekah Mercer
The list goes on...

But it's not surprising because Trump himself knew what would happen.

“I’m turning down so much money,” he said, and mentioned one donor who wanted to give him $5 million. “If he put it up, I’d feel obligated, because I’m a loyal person.”
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...says-willing-spend-billion-campaign/31793835/

herb749

I would have much preferred Tulsi Gabbard as a moderate influence who is more ideologically driven. I don't think Kamala Harris knows who she is. Is she a hardline prosecutor who is tough on crime or is she a liberal? I'm not a supporter of either party, so I'll vote independent like I always do. However, this was a safe pick overall.

Out of all the POC he had to choose from she was the safest. Now if he had picked Stacey Abrams, hoo boy , what fun that would have been.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
He lived in New York and "bought" a California AG's influence while she was a candidate?

Look up her opponent and I'll bet Trump donated to them, too.

Also, are you trying to say that Trump didn't have business interests in California? Because a quick google will show you that indeed he did.

It stuns me how little you know about what goes on in this country and in politics.

Crabcatcher79

Kamala is an authoritarian with a much longer history. If something were to happen to Biden, we'd get her. Someone with Trump's zeal of unchecked executive power coupled with the left's idea that everything is within reach of govt. action. Seems like a great recipe.

Kamala's time as a DA saw her office mismanage a crime lab, she argued that a guy found innocent after 13 years in prison was actually guilty. She refused to follow the Governor's orders to reduce the prison population. She fought a judge's decision that CA's death penalty was unconstitutional. She staunchly opposes marijuana legalization (just like Joe Biden). She called to expand the state's tracking of prescription drug users. She thinks parents of truant children deserve jail time. She ramped up stings on sex workers. She thinks social media platforms should censor users. I know the left doesn't care about it, but her gun law proposals are a slap in the face to anyone who believes in the Constitution.

No doubt Trump insults people, but Biden has spent his entire adult life in politics, being paid by taxpayers. 35 years in public office, enriching himself at tax payer expense.

This pick represents everything the left thinks is wrong in a politician.

So now drawing a salary as a elected official is enriching himself at tax payers expense? That is hardly the same league as directing branches of government to use your hotels and resorts for official government business to pad your pockets or steering contracts to your donors.

Get some perspective.

Crabcatcher79

This is a lie.

If Trump were really so bad you people could state the truth. As it stands, you have to lie.

Similar to how hate crimes are so rampant that Democrats have to make them up out of thin air.

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
Trump made it a point to do that? Is that why 40% of his senior-level picks were large campaign donors?

Wow! That never happened before! :yikes:

He should have picked them out of the phone book at random like Obama did. ... Oh, wait.... :

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
Yes. Earns a salary for doing a job he was elected to. There is nothing wrong with that. Why do you hate hard working honest people who dont lie , cheat and steal ?

... And Bidens' a millionaire! :jet:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron