Katrina victims to get $2,000 dollar debit cards

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Are they giving the cards...

...to people who took care of themselves and didn't cost anyone a dime or are they just giving $ to the people who CAUSED the problems?

rack'm

Jaded
Larry Gude said:
...to people who took care of themselves and didn't cost anyone a dime or are they just giving $ to the people who CAUSED the problems?

They’re appeasers, what do you think….:ohwell:

bedazzle

Qpid said:
and you see a problem in that becuzzzzzzzzzzzzz :confused:

She's probably right. In a financial way, yes, if these folks are smart enough to play their cards right, they might find they end up in a better situation with a higher standard of living. That's if they want it bad enough to work for it. It's just wasn't PC for BB to make a statement like that in the midst of all the trauma these people are currently going through.

I think she was just trying to find a glimmer of hope in a hopeless situation.

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
Larry Gude said:
:clap: :notworthy:

What else can we give 'em that they more than likely didn't have before the hurricane hit? :shrug:

How 'bout some common :banghead: effin' :banghead: sense! :banghead:

K

Kizzy

So they give them these debit cards and bus them out? What good would the debit cards be if the place doesn't have power, is flooded, where are they going to use them?

rack'm

Jaded
bedazzle said:
She's probably right. In a financial way, yes, if these folks are smart enough to play their cards right, they might find they end up in a better situation with a higher standard of living. That's if they want it bad enough to work for it.

:roflmao: :killingme :roflmao: :killingme

Qpid

Why dont we just get one of those big ole ships like way back when and ship them to Africa :sarcasm:

After all they aren't Americans and they dont deserve to live in any other state that can help them get up on their feet. :sarcasm:

PrepH4U

Qpid said:
Why dont we just get one of those big ole ships like way back when and ship them to Africa :sarcasm:

After all they aren't Americans and they dont deserve to live in any other state that can help them get up on their feet. :sarcasm:
hmmm maybe that's why no one would take up the offer of staying on the cruise ships, they were afraid of some evil plan of shipping them out? :shrug:

nomoney

Qpid said:

I'm not sure the white ones would want to go there

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
Qpid said:
Why is it any other state's job to get them back on their feet? It's not -- it's called generosity. :duh: But some people get in the habit of expecting others to do more and more for them to "get them back on their feet" without lifting a finger to do it on their own. There's a name for it ... W-E-L-F-A-R-E.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Qpid said:
After all they aren't Americans and they dont deserve to live in any other state that can help them get up on their feet.
Hello, kennedy? They weren't on their feet to begin with. Most of them lived on the dole in the projects.

Could you be any more obtuse? If you tried really, really hard?

Qpid

crabcake said:
Why is it any other state's job to get them back on their feet? It's not -- it's called generosity. :duh: But some people get in the habit of expecting others to do more and more for them to "get them back on their feet" without lifting a finger to do it on their own. There's a name for it ... W-E-L-F-A-R-E.

The gov'ts job is to take care of its people.

Once they leave the dome how are they to begin their lives if they have no money?

The 2k will at least give them a head start....

okay so lets say they didnt get 2k...you'd still be bytchin about your tax dollars going to help them out.

either way just say you dont wanna help the black folks...get it out your system now...i dont know why you people are such cowards.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I can't say this enough...

Qpid said:

...I love your posts. I could never explain on my own how you think.

rack'm

Jaded
Qpid said:

Once they leave the dome how are they to begin their lives if they have no money?

okay so lets say they didnt get 2k...you'd still be bytchin about your tax dollars going to help them out.

either way just say you dont wanna help the black folks...get it out your system now...i dont know why you people are such cowards.

you are a presumptuous ass

Qpid

vraiblonde said:
Hello, kennedy? They weren't on their feet to begin with. Most of them lived on the dole in the projects.

Could you be any more obtuse? If you tried really, really hard?

Could you be any more bitter than you are about helping these people?

I haven't seen any of you applaud the help these people are getting...now they are getting 2k to give them a head start and that still doesn't stop all of you from saying they dont deserve it.

IT doesn't matter if they lived in the projects. THAT IS NOT THE WAY ANY AMERICAN IS SUPPOSE TO LIVE!!

oh i forgot...blacks can live below the national level, they are use to it for years :sarcasm:

your unbelievable, you and your Klansmen.

K

Katie

Qpid said:

I have a suggestion for you, maybe someone said this already. But why don't you personally go down there and bring up two or three families. House them in your home, and provide for them.

If you feel so strongly about it, do something. Don't tell us that we need to do something, when you aren't doing anything.

Also don't tell me to do something, because I have donated $$, cleaned my house of any clothes or household items, purchased underthings and sent them off. If I personally knew someone no matter what color they were that was affected, I would bring them to my home and help them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
News flash...

Wrong.

either way just say you dont wanna help the black folks...get it out your system now...i dont know why you people are such cowards

There's white folks down there too.

Let's try again:

either way just say you dont wanna help the idiots...get it out your system now...i dont know why you people want people to be responsible for themselves

Better.

PJay

Qpid said:

Qpid, you are seeing a reaction from people that are sick and tired. You are not stupid. What is being said here, is those that weren't on their feet to begin with, will not suddenly stand up. You know that. Just giving them handouts for the rest of their lives is not helping.

Lets try and find some real solutions for these people. Are you game? I have some ideas. Do you?

PrepH4U

Qpid said:
Could you be any more bitter than you are about helping these people?

I haven't seen any of you applaud the help these people are getting...now they are getting 2k to give them a head start and that still doesn't stop all of you from saying they dont deserve it.

IT doesn't matter if they lived in the projects. THAT IS NOT THE WAY ANY AMERICAN IS SUPPOSE TO LIVE!!

oh i forgot...blacks can live below the national level, they are use to it for years :sarcasm:

your unbelievable, you and your Klansmen.
hey einstien it is not just blacks that are in the shelters, dum dum dum dum