kayaks

mkd20012001

Live~Love~Laugh
Where is the best place to rent either kayaks or canoes for the day, and where is a good place to go out on them? TIA

jenbengen

Watch it
mkd20012001 said:
Where is the best place to rent either kayaks or canoes for the day, and where is a good place to go out on them? TIA

I'd like to know that, too! There is a new place to launch kayaks and canoes off of Route 5 near Great Mills Rd that we have been itching to try.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
jenbengen said:
What kind of canoe? We'll buy it from you if it what we are after! :howdy:
It's blue, hanging up in the garage and has wicker seats. That's all I know. PM Desertrat and see if he wants to sell it. It's fiberglass, I think, and the last time I went out with him I went overboard and we haven't been out since.

Magnum

Should be Huntin
We always rent canoes out in Front Royal, Hit the rapids out there. We rent because we always put holes in them on the rocks. Nice trip class 2 light class 3 rapids. Search for downriver canoe company, or river rental outfitters

You can rent kayaks at Patuxent Adventure Center (I think that is the name) at Solomons. They launch behind the hotel right there and you can rent them by the hour. We bought our kayaks from them and rented when we had some friends come up.

lkt

curly-locks
hey .. theres a good business venture for someone retired ... get a couple of kayaks, the gear and rent it out to people who wanna paddle the kayak launch in great mills... then as part of the service pick em up in st. marys city and give em a ride back to their cars!!!

you really wouldnt need a "store" just a contact number and people could make reservations and you could meet them at the launch with the kayaks!

let me know when you have the business set up cuz I would love to paddle the launch ... and see tippy witchity...

:howdy:

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Gilbert Run Park in Chuck Co. for flat water puddle paddlin'. I have a canoe that I've taken to Gilbert Run, MacIntosh Run to Breton Bay, Gunpowder River, Canoe Neck Creek and of course St. Mary's Lake. You can rent them down at Point Lookout State Park also.

I

Inkpen

teverheart2002 said:
You can rent kayaks at Patuxent Adventure Center (I think that is the name) at Solomons. They launch behind the hotel right there and you can rent them by the hour. We bought our kayaks from them and rented when we had some friends come up.
:yeahthat: :yay: :yay:

mkd20012001

Live~Love~Laugh
I was just looking for something around here possibly like solomons. I did see something about patuxent adventure zone and then there is a new place over by tiki that rents them. We are just wanting to rent a tandem kayak for the day on friday.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
mkd20012001 said:
I was just looking for something around here possibly like solomons. I did see something about patuxent adventure zone and then there is a new place over by tiki that rents them. We are just wanting to rent a tandem kayak for the day on friday.
PM Nitwhit. She knows the owner.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
mkd20012001 said:
There's a place in Solomons.

Same strip Mall as Jethro's and Boomerangs.

Don't konw if MWR on base rents them or not, but if you have access may be worthwhile to check out.