Key Bridge Collapse In Baltimore

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Except in this case, there are verifiable facts you can check yourself to sort the wheat from the chaff.
I always thought that was a ridiculous metaphor.

Chaff can deflect a radar guided missile, but wheat… Wheats not gonna do crap.

why would the red shirts even load that crap?

glhs837

Power with Control
I always thought that was a ridiculous metaphor.

Chaff can deflect a radar guided missile, but wheat… Wheats not gonna do crap.

why would the red shirts even load that crap?

We would because we load what we're told, thats why. Maybe if you lit the wheat on fire you could slightly confuse a heat seeker :)

I spent eight years testing this stuff :) Great job :) Once it had me driving a u-haul with the wing off a Cobra from here to Crane, IN. I was almost hoping to be pulled over and asked what was in the back :)

itsbob

I bowl overhand
They were also on the ball enough to send a notice that the commuter bus I ride from southern maryland to DC would not be affected.
I'm so happy I don't deal with that anymore.. couldn't believe I was sitting next to people that have done it for 20 or more years.

glhs837

Power with Control
Same with EVs if you keep your eyes and ears open.

Yep. Cross check multiple sources against verifiable information. Always check for bias in your sources. Check yourself for bias. Do you toss out valid information simply because of where it came from? Do blindly accept information for sources you trust without validating it? Do you make global assumptions based on a few outlier pieces of data that don't agree with most other sources?

All of these are ways to end up in wrong on any topic. Do you assume all cops are bastards? Do you assume that all gun owners are one bad day away from living out Falling Down? Do you assume all trans people are evil child grooming monsters? Do you assume all gays are perverts intent on shoving their sex lives in your face?

Assuming all of anything is one thing is usually a bad practice.

phreddyp

Yep. Cross check multiple sources against verifiable information. Always check for bias in your sources. Check yourself for bias. Do you toss out valid information simply because of where it came from? Do blindly accept information for sources you trust without validating it? Do you make global assumptions based on a few outlier pieces of data that don't agree with most other sources?

All of these are ways to end up in wrong on any topic. Do you assume all cops are bastards? Do you assume that all gun owners are one bad day away from living out Falling Down? Do you assume all trans people are evil child grooming monsters? Do you assume all gays are perverts intent on shoving their sex lives in your face?

Yeppers, you should try to break it. With you it's all or nothing.

glhs837

Power with Control
Yeppers, you should try to break it. With you it's all or nothing.

Not sure why you say that l. I've never said all EVs are good. Nor that govt subsidies and mandates are good. What position do I hold that is all or nothing?

Grumpy

"This catastrophe is a beautiful turning point," Buttigieg told reporters. "Gone are the days when we will allow these symbols of discrimination to continue to stand. Thank you, cargo ship Dali, for taking such bold action to dismantle these oppressive structures. Also, I'm gay."

Loper

Animal Poor!
Holy Carp, maybe if all you domineering males swing your e-penises together in the same direction, you could create your own perpetual motion machine to power your EV crap and start a thread. Oh wait, your dipthingy's did that and manage to invade more threads with your ever BS about it!

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
We would because we load what we're told, thats why. Maybe if you lit the wheat on fire you could slightly confuse a heat seeker :)

I spent eight years testing this stuff :) Great job :) Once it had me driving a u-haul with the wing off a Cobra from here to Crane, IN. I was almost hoping to be pulled over and asked what was in the back :)
LMAO. I was wondering what I'd tell popo about the 7-tube 2.75" rocket launcher in the back of my F-250...taking it from Injun Head to Dahlgren.

glhs837

Power with Control
Holy Carp, maybe if all you domineering males swing your e-penises together in the same direction, you could create your own perpetual motion machine to power your EV crap and start a thread. Oh wait, your dipthingy's did that and manage to invade more threads with your ever BS about it!

I think you will find it's the anit-ev crowd that brings it up in non-related threads :)

Hijinx

I believe the biggest priority now is opening the ship channel. In this emergency do away with the BS and drag away enough of the collapsed bridge to open the channel.
The haz mat loads will go around the other side of the beltway adding a couple of hours to their trip and increasing traffic on that side of the beltway, but the loads will still be delivered. More traffic in the two tunnels, but that can be handled also.
Like I said the big priority is opening up the ship channel and at my longest estimate it should not take over a month if they get on it with haste.

glhs837

Power with Control
I believe the biggest priority now is opening the ship channel. In this emergency do away with the BS and drag away enough of the collapsed bridge to open the channel.
The haz mat loads will go around the other side of the beltway adding a couple of hours to their trip and increasing traffic on that side of the beltway, but the loads will still be delivered. More traffic in the two tunnels, but that can be handled also.
Like I said the big priority is opening up the ship channel and at my longest estimate it should not take over a month if they get on it with haste.
Happy Season 5 GIF by The Office

SamSpade

There was this commercial out years ago, I forget what the product was, but it was a guy and a girl, and the girl proved him wrong about something. At the end of the commercial, the guy admits, ok - you were right. I was wrong

She looks at him admiringly - almost flirtatiously - and says "I like a guy who can admit he's wrong".

He looks at her and says - "well - I'm wrong a LOT".
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
My BS meter is pretty well tuned and I am willing to be persuaded. I tend to assume most things are wrong until they're corroborated. I trust NO yellow journalism partisan tabloid unless it can be corroborated - and with detail. (If it's the same stuff, it's not corroboration).

Believe it or not - my first reaction to the Key Bridge collapse was - this is probably crap.

I admit - I tend to be skeptical of any argument that comes from someone not known to be anything but hyper-partisan, or who is wrong quite often. I tend to completely doubt someone who cannot properly phrase something in correct English or who litters their argument with partisan crap - and that's left or right. Yesterday I was listening to a reporter asking questions about the Key Bridge, and prefaced their question with conjecture about what Republicans would do - and I clicked it off. I thought - that's not a question - that's loading a gun. And if I were answering that question, I would look away silently and call on someone else.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

WOKE Baltimore Mayor LASHES OUT After Bridge Collapse Claiming 'DEI Is The N Word' In DERANGED RANT!​