Kitchen remodel opinions

Do you like this kitchen photo attached?

• Yes

Votes: 8 24.2%
  • No

Votes: 18 54.5%
  • Not sure

Votes: 7 21.2%

• Total voters

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
That is a really pretty house, but the photos really do more for the house than in reality.

A home builder constructed the house for himself and his family many years ago, and built on as time went by. As such, the rooms are peculiar, in that you have to go through one room to get to another room, and that sort of thing. No doubt, though, that it is a pretty home and was VERY well built.

The kitchen was recently redone, and the view over the creek is really nice.

The house is ugly, the kitchen or beautiful.

Dakota

~~~~~~~
I prefer Wolf over Viking. :yay:

Both are nice.... there is a place in Baltimore that has a huge warehouse with all sorts of great deals to be had. One of my girlfriends is building her dream house and has told me of some great buys there. Of course, she spent many weekends walking the warehouse to get what she got. I cannot remember the name of it... starts with an R I think.

mamatutu

mama to two
Hey, Dakota. Are you finished with your kitchen remodel? If so, do you have pics? My remodel starts this Monday. I am still in shock that it is really going to happen; because my kitchen belongs in a doll house, and is very dysfunctional. I am actually going to get a pantry out of it! Plus, removing alot of my chotskies (useless crap) will help immensely. :lol: Looking forward to seeing your finished product!

Dakota

~~~~~~~
We are almost finished.... cabinets are up but at the moment, we have ply board countertops. We hope our real ones are installed tomorrow. I've attached some pictures of our work in progress. I was scared about going white but it has completely opened up our kitchen giving the appearance that we have so much more square footage. Our kitchen is clearly more function and we have so much more storage space than the U-shape it was before.

Thanks for asking and good luck with yours. :cheers:

Last edited:

Dakota

~~~~~~~
I was sitting here waiting for my handy man to call and he just did... said he'll see me tomorrow afternoon to put on our tops. :yahoo:

mamatutu

mama to two
We are almost finished.... cabinets are up but at the moment, we have ply board countertops. We hope our real ones are installed tomorrow. I've attached some pictures of our work in progress. I was scared about going white but it has completely opened up our kitchen giving the appearance that we have so much more square footage. Our kitchen is clearly more function and we have so much more storage space than the U-shape it was before.

Thanks for asking and good luck with yours. :cheers:

WOW! Looks beautiful and so upscale, even w/ the temp plywood counters) What a huge difference from your before pic. Very beautiful! Now, I am super excited for my redo. My cats aren't going to be so super excited because they will be banished to the basement for the week. All for the cause! We are lucky girls! :cheers:

Dakota

~~~~~~~
WOW! Looks beautiful and so upscale, even w/ the temp plywood counters) What a huge difference from your before pic. Very beautiful! Now, I am super excited for my redo. My cats aren't going to be so super excited because they will be banished to the basement for the week. All for the cause! We are lucky girls! :cheers:

Thank you... we had a few glitches. I thought the doors were arched at the top and then we opened the boxes, checked the invoice and saw we got what was ordered. No biggie, we decided to just roll with it. Second, we didn't get pull cups but handles... they came free with our cabinets as a promotional item - iron coated in bronze, I shrugged my shoulders and decided handles it is... Third, that long cabinet is 18 inches and I got a box labeled 18 inch shelves... opened it up and they were 15 inches. We called and they sent us the correct shelves out Monday morning and we got them Wednesday. I only have 1 cat that gets into things and she was banished to our bedroom for 2 days and super hyper when she finally got out.

mamatutu

mama to two
Thank you... we had a few glitches. I thought the doors were arched at the top and then we opened the boxes, checked the invoice and saw we got what was ordered. No biggie, we decided to just roll with it. Second, we didn't get pull cups but handles... they came free with our cabinets as a promotional item - iron coated in bronze, I shrugged my shoulders and decided handles it is... Third, that long cabinet is 18 inches and I got a box labeled 18 inch shelves... opened it up and they were 15 inches. We called and they sent us the correct shelves out Monday morning and we got them Wednesday. I only have 1 cat that gets into things and she was banished to our bedroom for 2 days and super hyper when she finally got out.

Well, the little things we want perfect and don't go right, don't matter in the end. Like I am so wise to be giving out advice! :lol: Your kitchen is still beautiful! I am sure I will have some glitches, too. I just don't want to have to take my cats to therapy when it's over; they don't do well out of their comfort zone :roflmao: When our kitchens are finished, we will be so inspired to cook, we definitely need to exchange recipes! :cheers:

Dakota

~~~~~~~

Attachments

• Final 1.jpg
    Final 1.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 163
  • Final 2.jpg
    Final 2.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 164
  • Final 3.jpg
    Final 3.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 170
E

EmptyTimCup

He does cook more than I do so he won... it is a kitchen designed by a man…. A man who cooks…

the only thing I cook on, is a Grill .... well mostly ..... my 7 yr old loves it when daddy does a 'big breakfast' .... eggs, bacon and hash browns ..... mostly she wants the Bacon .... she will only eat the fresh from the old man up the streets chickens - which she helps feed and collects said eggs ... I have digressed ...

...... but I can operate the stove and microwave so the kid and I do not starve if the wife is not around .....

Dakota

~~~~~~~
Your kitchen looks beautiful! I know you are going to enjoy it so much!

Thanks - so much more functional :cheers:

your kitchen is bigger then my living room ........

It's bigger than mine too :lol: My living room is 12.5 by 20 - strange but now that the big giant gas stove fireplace is gone - it seems so much more roomy. We decided to put in a pellet stove which takes up far less room.

Very NICE!! I'm jealous, but in a good way. Congrats, and enjoy!!

That turned out so nice! Congrats on your beautiful new kitchen.

Thanks.... it has made all the planning worth it now that it is finished... :yay:

mamaof1

Love the new kitchen! it's gorgeous!

I keep hoping HGTV will invade my house and fix all the screw ups that the previous owner left us. It seems like every time we start to do a project, it takes twice the money and 3 times as long- cause they didnt do anything the right way!!