Know anyone quitting over the Federal Employee vaccine mandate?

glhs837

Power with Control
The beauty of it, It takes something like seven adults to declare a religion.
Then yours is no different in the eye of the law, or less legitimate, than RCC or Shia Islam.
If you need extra adults, I’m game — just give me a fancy title like The Great Instigator and a cool headgear.
(can also get some sweet tax deductions by declaring your house as part-time Temple of Depravity).

Not without talking to my trademark lawyers, he wont..... :)

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Will you need to provide a letter from your religious/church leader?
I have been a minister in the Universal Life Church since December 1998
However, my personal religion is Norse Paganism.

I cannot find anything in our lore or mythos that would back up religious exemptions.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

I have been a minister in the Universal Life Church since December 1998
However, my personal religion is Norse Paganism.

I cannot find anything in our lore or mythos that would back up religious exemptions.
The point being that religion is a personal matter, and whatever religion you practice, is no one's business except yours. If you say it is against your religion, no one has a right to question that position.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Also, I have a colleague at Lowe's who has declared their bedrock intent to quit if Lowe's goes vaccine mandatory.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Apparently Charles Co. school bus drivers:

vince77

Grab a lawyer and go to court, be prepared to answer these questions. They can certainly question your religious "beliefs".

whether the employee has acted in a way that is inconsistent with the claimed belief

whether the employee is seeking a benefit or an exception that is likely to be sought for nonreligious reasons

whether the timing of the request is questionable (for example, because it follows closely on the heels of the same employee's request for the same benefit for different reasons), and
whether the employer has other reasons to believe that the employee is seeking the benefit for secular reasons.

UglyBear

If I may ...

The point being that religion is a personal matter, and whatever religion you practice, is no one's business except yours. If you say it is against your religion, no one has a right to question that position.
Excellent point.
Also, there’s no way to prove adherence to a religion — I’m Religion 1 right now, by the time I type this I’m Religion 2, and just now I switched back to Religion 1. Anyone is welcome to try to prove it — it’s impossible.
This could possibly be used as an assault on the First Amendment , trying to prove to The Government personally held beliefs that are nobody’s business.

PeoplesElbow

Grab a lawyer and go to court, be prepared to answer these questions. They can certainly question your religious "beliefs".

whether the employee has acted in a way that is inconsistent with the claimed belief
So anyone that has ever committed a sin is out?

I call bullshit

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

whether the employee is seeking a benefit or an exception that is likely to be sought for nonreligious reasons

whether the timing of the request is questionable (for example, because it follows closely on the heels of the same employee's request for the same benefit for different reasons), and whether the employer has other reasons to believe that the employee is seeking the benefit for secular reasons.
All one needs is the Bible in their hand, on the stand. Saying, as my understanding of reading this Bible, my body is my Temple of the Lord, I am to keep it clean. I live my life the best way I can and I see this vaccine as the antithesis of keeping my body clean. End of statement.

OccamsRazor

If I may ...

All one needs is the Bible in their hand, on the stand. Saying, as my understanding of reading this Bible, my body is my Temple of the Lord, I am to keep it clean. I live my life the best way I can and I see this vaccine as the antithesis of keeping my body clean. End of statement.
And what happen when they ask you when your last Flu shot was? Or when you last had a Tetanus shot?

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
I know a few very reluctantly getting the jab to remain in their jobs.

I sure hope theyre amending that form to say "I am NOT voluntarily getting this shot, I am being MANDATED." before they sign it.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

And what happen when they ask you when your last Flu shot was? Or when you last had a Tetanus shot?
Jesus you must be a lawyer. Many other true vaccines are tried and true vaccines, and do help to keep the body clean and in good health. In addition, there are untold millions of people who don't follow the propaganda and eat and live a healthy, clean life, that do not get the flu shot. Stepping on a rusty nail, the tetanus shot actually prevents tetanus keeping the body clean. If bitten by a rabid fox, the rabies vaccine will actually save your life, thereby keeping your body clean.

The COVID fake-vaccine injects you with spike proteins that damage, harm the body, and can elicit untold adverse health events, making the body unclean.

If people what to try for a medical exemption, try biology. Edit the following letter to suit your own situation.

IF YOU NEED TO ASK FOR A MEDICAL EXEMPTION, TRY BIOLOGY!

OccamsRazor

If I may ...

Jesus you must be a lawyer. Many other true vaccines are tried and true vaccines, and do help to keep the body clean and in good health. In addition, there are untold millions of people who don't follow the propaganda and eat and live a healthy, clean life, that do not get the flu shot. Stepping on a rusty nail, the tetanus shot actually prevents tetanus keeping the body clean. If bitten by a rabid fox, the rabies vaccine will actually save your life, thereby keeping your body clean.

I was merely playing devil's advocate to your statement. That being "my body is my Temple of the Lord, I am to keep it clean." YOu never said the words "EXCEPT WHEN...."

P.S. I am neither for nor against people getting vaccinated.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

I know a few very reluctantly getting the jab to remain in their jobs.

I sure hope theyre amending that form to say "I am NOT voluntarily getting this shot, I am being MANDATED." before they sign it.
No. They need to say that they have never granted the company agency over their person and that they do not consent and will not be coerced.

People need to learn to get an effing backbone and stand tall, rigid and unwavering in their convictions.

It's the same as having a choice of being told to stand at the end of a firing line. You can choose to just leave and be fired from your job, or, you can go stand up against the wall and hope those holding the rifles have no experience in aiming and will miss hitting you. Or you can fight back and tell them to go fck themselves.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

I was merely playing devil's advocate to your statement. That being "my body is my Temple of the Lord, I am to keep it clean." YOu never said the words "EXCEPT WHEN...."

P.S. I am neither for nor against people getting vaccinated.
I understand. But no one should never have to explain "except when", as it is no one's business what a person does with their personal life.

OccamsRazor

It's the same as having a choice of being told to stand at the end of a firing line. You can choose to just leave and be fired from your job, or, you can go stand up against the wall and hope those holding the rifles have no experience in aiming and will miss hitting you. Or you can fight back and tell them to go fck themselves.

And what if the administration put forth an action that states "Get the jab or no SS benefits?" or implemented a tax on retirement unless you got the jab?