L G P

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
Nationwide on Versus. Pittsburgh local veiwers get it on the usual FSN/ROOT channel.

Thanks! I checked the website and caught the FSN/ROOT part but somehow missed the Versus piece. I'll have to go back & look again to see where I made my mistake.

In the meantime -- GO PENS!

(hoping to hit up a Giant Eagle for a free car flag this weekend!)

Baz

This. ------------------>
Thanks! I checked the website and caught the FSN/ROOT part but somehow missed the Versus piece. I'll have to go back & look again to see where I made my mistake.

In the meantime -- GO PENS!

(hoping to hit up a Giant Eagle for a free car flag this weekend!)

I apologize. Looks like VS. is showing Philly/Buffalo on Monday, according to the Versus website, and the Pens game is only on ROOT. I swear I had seen the Pens would be on VS. Monday, but obviously I was mistaken.

Sorry!

EDIT: The Penguins website is showing it on Versus:
2011 Playoff Central - Round 1 - Penguins vs Lightning - 2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs Coverage

Game 1 Wed, Apr 13 7:00 pm Pens 3, Bolts 0
Game 2 Fri, Apr 15 7:00 pm Pens 1, Bolts 5
Game 3 Mon, Apr 18 7:30 pm VERSUS, CBC, ROOT
Game 4 Wed, Apr 20 7:00 pm CBC, RDS, ROOT
Game 5 *Sat, Apr 23 TBD VERSUS, CBC, ROOT
Game 6 *Mon, Apr 25 TBD CBC, RDS, ROOT
Game 7 *Wed, Apr 27 TBD CBC, ROOT

That's where I had seen it. So, now I'm still not sure. :confused:

Baz

I try to be, but damn do the NBC game callers SUCK!!!!!!!!!

I'm okay with Emerick and Olczyk, but Mike Milbury is too full of himself and Pierre McGuire is annoying as hell. He needs to shut up and stop trying to be the "star" of the telecast.

Marty Turco agrees with the rest of us on that.

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
I apologize. Looks like VS. is showing Philly/Buffalo on Monday, according to the Versus website, and the Pens game is only on ROOT. I swear I had seen the Pens would be on VS. Monday, but obviously I was mistaken.

Sorry!

EDIT: The Penguins website is showing it on Versus:
2011 Playoff Central - Round 1 - Penguins vs Lightning - 2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs Coverage

That's where I had seen it. So, now I'm still not sure. :confused:

Well, we'll try it and see. If I can't watch it, I can keep up via Facebook & the scores at the top of the nhl webpage (less stressful if it's in overtime anyway! :lol:). Thanks for trying to help me out with this!

Crewdawg141

IYAMYAS!!!!!
I'm okay with Emerick and Olczyk, but Mike Milbury is too full of himself and Pierre McGuire is annoying as hell. He needs to shut up and stop trying to be the "star" of the telecast.

Marty Turco agrees with the rest of us on that.

That's hilarious! Nice find!

Baz

So how does Kunitz only get 2 minutes for a blatent elbow to the head of a defenseless Simon Gagne???? YouTube - Chris Kunitz Elbows Simon Gagné To The Head -

Elbowing is a penalty. 2 minutes.

I'm figuring he might get a 1-game suspension, but with the NHL, who knows? They've suspended players after a 2-minute minor before.

Since the NHL refused to ban headshots during the GM meetings, an elbow to the head shouldn't be penalized any more than an elbow to the back or gut. Unless it's a blindside hit, because those are illegal, but headshots aren't. So you can hit someone in the head and only get two minutes for elbowing as long as it isn't a blindside hit. Make sense?

No, it doesn't. And if Kunitz does get a suspension, it shows how refusing to ban deliberate headshots leads to this cloudy ambiguity and confusion about the rules.

If a 2-minute minor leads to a suspension because it was to the head, then hits to the head must be illegal, right? Yes. But sometimes no. Depending.

So, hits to the head aren't illegal, but you'll get suspended if you hit someone in the head.

Simple.

Baz

Solid bounce back game for the Pens. :clap: Asham's flipped the playoff switch!

Still need to fix the disgusting powerplay. Was better last night, but still didn't produce.

Last edited:

Baz

Kunitz did get 1 game, which I think is fair. But that still doesn't settle the whole "headshots aren't illegal, but if you hit someone in the head, then you'll be suspended" thing.

Penguins' Kunitz, Tampa's Downie each suspended one game

Tampa Bay Lightning forward Steve Downie and Pittsburgh Penguins forward Chris Kunitz were each handed one-game suspensions by the NHL on Tuesday after separate incidents that took place during Game 3 of their series on Monday night.

I'm surprised Campbell didn't suspend Cooke for the second round, for being such a bad influence on Kunitz.

SoMdDude

Kunitz did get 1 game, which I think is fair. But that still doesn't settle the whole "headshots aren't illegal, but if you hit someone in the head, then you'll be suspended" thing.

Penguins' Kunitz, Tampa's Downie each suspended one game

I'm surprised Campbell didn't suspend Cooke for the second round, for being such a bad influence on Kunitz.

Funny the NHL didnt do anything about the Ranger that elbowed Mike Green in the head of the Capitals in game 3..they really need to clamp down on this crap with consistency because so far they(The NHL) has been a joke

Last edited:

JoeR

Funny the NHL didnt do anything about the Ranger that elbowed Mike Green in the head of the Capitals in game 3..they really need to clamp down on this crap with consistency because so far they(The NHL) has been a joke

First off let me say I didn't see the play, but was a penality called on it? If not than just because the camera and others saw it, doesn't mean the officials did. Lot's of calls are missed that way.

SoMdDude

First off let me say I didn't see the play, but was a penality called on it? If not than just because the camera and others saw it, doesn't mean the officials did. Lot's of calls are missed that way.

I didnt catch it live Joe, only the replays so I'm not sure, but the Caps were pissed about it and they probably turned it into the league for review. He went down and was on the ice for a minute

Baz

I didn't see it, but you're right about the NHL being a joke when it comes to this hit to the head thing.

So, why doesn't every fight end up with both fighters being suspended? :lol:

Sweet 16

^^8^^
I didn't see it, but you're right about the NHL being a joke when it comes to this hit to the head thing.

So, why doesn't every fight end up with both fighters being suspended? :lol:

I don't think Rule 48 was intended to stop fights or half the league would be on suspension. It's more about the direct or blind-side hits where the perp either leads with his elbow or shoulder or leaves his feet.

Greenie was definitely targeted in the last game as they hit him more than once. I'm not buying that the refs didn't see any of it, when they never seem to miss a questionable holding or hooking call. They know darn well who the head hunters are and should be on the lookout for that kind of nonsense, which makes me think neither they nor the league are really interested in enforcing the rule.