L G P

Baz

This. ------------------>
The superstar tandem of Kennedy and Asham continues its tear through Tampa, and was good to FINALLY get a PP goal! :yahoo: Heck of a way for Neal to finally break through, as well. Hopefully that OT winner opens the floodgates for him, as he's been doing everything else that could be asked.

Fleury continues to be Fleury: Rock solid.

Good news/bad news: The Pens/Bolts will finally be on Versus for game 5, but the game starts at freaking noon. :boo:

Last edited:

Baz

speaking of inconsistancy.... :lol:

Flyers coach on Mike Richards elbow: ‘I didn’t see any intent’ - Puck Daddy - NHL#Blog - Yahoo! Sports

Ive never seen officiating this bad, in all my years involved with hockey. And thats on both sides of the Puck, all series long.

It has been especially atrocious so far. In this series (Pens-Bolts), obvious calls such as high-sticking getting missed on both sides quite often, then they whistle someone for leaning against a guy with the puck.

Goalie interference penalties called on guys who were shoved into the goalie, yet none called when someone runs through a goalie on his own, doing his best Jerome Bettis impersonation.

Some of these refs should be suspended for a game or two, no doubt.

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
The superstar tandem of Kennedy and Asham continues its tear through Tampa, and was good to FINALLY get a PP goal! :yahoo: Heck of a way for Neal to finally break through, as well. Hopefully that OT winner opens the foodgates for him, as he's been doing everything else that could be asked.

Fleury continues to be Fleury: Rock solid.

Good news/bad news: The Pens/Bolts will finally be on Versus for game 5, but the game starts at freaking noon. :boo:

Are you sure? Monday's game was supposed to be on Versus but in Jersey, they had another game on and then switched to the Pens/Bolts game at 9:30 (tail end of the 3rd). Ended up listening to it on "live radio" via the Internet & then turning on the TV sound at the very end. I am SO ticked at Versus right now!! :tantrum

I just love me some Fleury! :flowers: :lol:

Baz

Are you sure? Monday's game was supposed to be on Versus but in Jersey, they had another game on and then switched to the Pens/Bolts game at 9:30 (tail end of the 3rd). Ended up listening to it on "live radio" via the Internet & then turning on the TV sound at the very end. I am SO ticked at Versus right now!! :tantrum

I just love me some Fleury! :flowers: :lol:

Positive. It's the only game on at that time. Part 1 of the big VS/NBC quadruple header on Saturday.

Baz

Ugh. After dominating the first 10-15 minutes of the game, the wheels came off. Throw that game away and head to Tampa.

Noon games suck. (Unless you're Tampa. :lol:)

Baz

Wow, I was not expecting anything like that today!

The Pens have always struggled with early afternoon games, for whatever reason. But that's not why they lost today. They came out on fire, and did everything BUT score. Tampa finally got going with a beneficial bounce of the Penguins' post, and started rolling.

When the Pens' defensive game breaks down, they can't keep up in a scoring battle. Not with Sid and Geno out.

The Penguins are usually very good at bouncing back after a bad game. Especially in the playoffs. I fully expect them to be hitting all cylinders on Monday.

Crewdawg141

IYAMYAS!!!!!
The Pens have always struggled with early afternoon games, for whatever reason. But that's not why they lost today. They came out on fire, and did everything BUT score. Tampa finally got going with a beneficial bounce of the Penguins' post, and started rolling.

When the Pens' defensive game breaks down, they can't keep up in a scoring battle. Not with Sid and Geno out.

The Penguins are usually very good at bouncing back after a bad game. Especially in the playoffs. I fully expect them to be hitting all cylinders on Monday.

For Pens Fans sanity, they need to be firing on all cylinders during the next game!

Baz

Stamkos scores two. Not good. You don't want that guy catching fire.

Figured he was going to break out sooner or later. Their whole team was clicking after the first 15 minutes, they were on fire, offensively. Hopefully they got it out of their system. :lol:

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
No matter what happens tonight, you have to hand it to this team -- in the playoffs without Crosby & Malkin! That's some damn fine hockey playing! :buddies:

(and just because I CAN... I'd like to see the Caps do the same without Ovenchicken -- ain't happening! :roflmao:)

Baz

No matter what happens tonight, you have to hand it to this team -- in the playoffs without Crosby & Malkin! That's some damn fine hockey playing! :buddies:

(and just because I CAN... I'd like to see the Caps do the same without Ovenchicken -- ain't happening! :roflmao:)

I fully expect them to play well tonight, and hopefully get the win. The Penguins have a thing for ending their opponent's seasons in front of the opposing fans. :lol:

JoeR

I fully expect them to play well tonight, and hopefully get the win. The Penguins have a thing for ending their opponent's seasons in front of the opposing fans. :lol:

I totally agree Baz. Fleury will probably have one of his bounce back type games.

Baz

I wouldn't call his last few performances anything but owned.:lol:

Well if you're one of those people who blames the goalie for every goal scored, then that makes perfect sense. As someone who has seen every minute of every game this series, I know better.

There are many reasons why Tampa has tied this series, but Fleury's performance certainly isn't anywhere near the top of the list.

The 1 for 567 powerplay, on the other hand............