Lamb

PJay

I kinda like watching them swing
Horsing Around Shaun The Sheep GIF by MOODMAN

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Wife doesn't like it because the image of a calf jammed and fattened in a crate repulses her.

I can relate to that. Being from the midwest I understand where my food comes from and have reconciled myself to it to some extent, but there's a cruelty attached to veal that I have a hard time with. Plus it's mushy. :jet:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I love a really good veal marsala. I just don’t think about how they are raised.

SamSpade

I love a really good veal marsala. I just don’t think about how they are raised.
Most large regular farm henhouses are such foul smelling things, I hope the memory doesn't return should I have chicken.
Or the stench from your typical slaughterhouse. I am not sure if living your entire life in a cage or spending it all in a place that smells like a toilet is better.

If you eat animals - the process is brutal and stinks. Thankfully, I have no experience dressing a warm-blooded creature, but I've cut up countless forms of seafood while they were alive. That's the way it works.

LJ1999

My wife isn't a big fan of it - and I suppose it can be an acquired taste. Some years back, at Giant, they had this prepared, seasoned leg of lamb in some kind of mesh bag you cooked it in - and I don't know how it was prepared, the kids couldn't get enough of it. Sadly, they have never had it on the shelf since, and every attempt I have made cooking lamb from a recipe I found online - has resulted in lamb served a traditional way

And just not - as tasty.

Any ideas? I swear, I'm about to try just roasting it over an open flame. I like it, but I can't find a way that anyone else will.
I love lamb!!! A great excuse to overindulge in Worcestershire Sauce, Red Wine, Garlic and Black Pepper. I'll usually marinate the meat in the red wine and Worcestershire Sauce and then add more before cooking.

Love making Lamb Sliders with Ground Lamb. Just Dijon Mustard and red onion for toppings.

Kinnakeet

I love lamb!!! A great excuse to overindulge in Worcestershire Sauce, Red Wine, Garlic and Black Pepper. I'll usually marinate the meat in the red wine and Worcestershire Sauce and then add more before cooking.

Love making Lamb Sliders with Ground Lamb. Just Dijon Mustard and red onion for toppings.
That sounds good...

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
My mom made a lamb shank on Sundays around Easter. It was ok, but could not get behind the mint jelly thing.

The only lamb these days is in those pre-made frozen gyros. They're pretty good actually. I doctor them up with grilled veggies and cuke dressing.

SamSpade

My mom made a lamb shank on Sundays around Easter. It was ok, but could not get behind the mint jelly thing.

The only lamb these days is in those pre-made frozen gyros. They're pretty good actually. I doctor them up with grilled veggies and cuke dressing.
Me too. Have some in my deli drawer - it's better than the stuff I've tried to make, myself.

EDIT to add -

Also - extra feta, extra tzatziki, cukes and tomatoes diced into really small pieces.

Last edited:

SamSpade

Well I got sold on the game marinade thing - so I ordered the Joy of Cooking. I was very surprised with the dozens of cooking books, we don't already have it.