Should medical marijuana be legalized?

• yes

Votes: 82 85.4%
  • no

Votes: 14 14.6%

• Total voters

BuddyLee

Football addict
That shouldn't be a problem, I infringe on your liberties, I go to jail, you on mine, you go to jail. Seems pretty simple to me. Oh, that should hold true for bureaucrates also!
Too bad it's not that simple. There's a lot of heartache in between.

Dukesdad

Drop "medical" and legalize it. Make it like smokes and alcohol; have to be of a certain age, tax it, test people who get pulled over for DUI and spend the funds currently wasted on combating it on bigger issues.
puff puff pass:coffee:

JoeMac

Legalize it for regular use, sell it like alcohol and tax it. The war on drugs has been one of the biggest flops in American history. It has failed. Pot will be legalized give it another five years. Look at prohibition for example. That didn't last and neither will this. There is a major push to legalize it and as you see supporters come into government it will come just be patient. There is also a major push to legalize the commercial growth of hemp for textiles, food/oil, fuel and other things. We are the only industrialized nation that does not allow it. It could be another major boon for our economy, even a replacement for tobacco in our community.

Anybody who has tried pot knows it's not addictive. I would also venture to guess the statistics on marijuana related auto accidents is staggeringly low.

In MD it is legal for medicinal use already. If you go to court over it and they convict you, if you can PROVE you have a medical condition the max fine you can get is $100.

The government has no business in peoples lives, in the economy, in health care or religion. They need to make the laws and enforce them, that's it.

Last edited:

JoeMac

I just took the pole and that should show everyone that this will be a non issue in another 5 years. 4 times as more people want it legalized than not. Enough said.

Toxick

Splat
So, what about when someone slams into my car at high speeds high off their ass? Do I just...accept that?

Slams into your car at high speeds? While stoned?
Your typical stoner drives at about 12 MPH.

Tops.

A better plan would be to make alcohol illegal. Then there'd be no drunk drivers - who are significantly more dangerous than stoned drivers.

TWERP

I think they should legalize weed and prostitution as a package deal so when I'm stoned I won't be lonely.......

BuddyLee

Football addict
Slams into your car at high speeds? While stoned?
Your typical stoner drives at about 12 MPH.

Tops.

A better plan would be to make alcohol illegal. Then there'd be no drunk drivers - who are significantly more dangerous than stoned drivers.
We all know how that worked out the first time.

oldman

Lobster Land
I'll admit there are lots of people that want it legalized and believe that sometime in the future it will be. But those that do also want government involvement, like regulate and tax. Therein lies the problem as I see it. I also believe for some medical purposes it is probably a good thing. You younger people will have it to deal with and I wish you luck. As an older person I do not wish to see it happen as I believe we have enough mind altering stuff to deal with as is. And to those that suggest it doesn't alter you mind all I can say is perhaps not yours, but I tried it once.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
I'll admit there are lots of people that want it legalized and believe that sometime in the future it will be. But those that do also want government involvement, like regulate and tax. Therein lies the problem as I see it. I also believe for some medical purposes it is probably a good thing. You younger people will have it to deal with and I wish you luck. As an older person I do not wish to see it happen as I believe we have enough mind altering stuff to deal with as is. And to those that suggest it doesn't alter you mind all I can say is perhaps not yours, but I tried it once.

However, Oldman, if you have cancer, and the drugs you are using aren't working.......I am in a lot of pain. Will pot help? Maybe......

oldman

Lobster Land
From all my reading for some medical cases using MJ can and does bring some good relief. I'm sure here in SOMD you could find a doctor to prescribe it or find some on the street easily enough. Heck, if I was hurting I'd at least try it. Bud works for me for the time being.

BuddyLee

Football addict
I don't think it will become legalized anytime soon. Perhaps for medicinal purposes but that's about it.

No politician will touch this with a 10 foot pole.

JoeMac

Why would you want to make alcohol illegal, you can't make paper products with bourbon or beer..

I didn't say to make alcohol illegal, if you read my post you will see it has a question mark behind it. I was asking another poster if that is what he was saying.

Also if you read my other posts you would know where I stand.

SoccerMom2

My step sisters mom has lung cancer. he was so sick during her 3 round's of chemo. Well my brother sparked a doobie with her and it really helped her.The docs gave her 6 months to live . She had 7 tumors all in her. They have shrunk. Now that she can actually eat and not be in so much pain she seems to be doing better. To me that is living proof. Pot helps cancer patients!

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I didn't say to make alcohol illegal, if you read my post you will see it has a question mark behind it. I was asking another poster if that is what he was saying.

Also if you read my other posts you would know where I stand.

.. and if you understood sarcasm, and the history behind Cannabis being illegal, who was in the forefront lobbying congress to make it illegal, maybe you'd "GET" what I posted.