Leonardtown HS lockdown

camily

Peace
kwillia said:
NOT! Could you imagine the breathalizer testing he would put in place...:smack:
It wouldn't matter what he said. I mean, who would trust him with a wife that goes by "BadGirl"? :killingme

rigirl

I didn't want to seem unappreciative to the people who are posting, I am just a scared parent hoping that some of those posts aren't true. I will keep on reading and and anxiously await the end of the lockdown. Thanks.

Old Dog

No, I can get my info from here and St. Mary's Today, and The Bay Net, and News4. But I don't feel that relieves the school system of the responsibility of communicating directly to the parents in some fashion. It's their job. They have been trusted with the care of safety of these children. It is reasonable to expect them to communicate in some way about a situation like this.

In addition, I know from personal experience that situations can occur at the school (LMS) and no notice is ever given to the parents at all.

And how many parents would or wouldn't listen to a request to please remain at home is somewhat immaterial. In less than 2 hours, LMS is supposed to let out. Buses will be rolling up by 1:45 or earlier.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Old Dog said:
They have been trusted with the care of safety of these children.
Isn't that what they're taking care of? :confused: Nothing you've said leads me to believe that their main concern should be informing parents of what is going on, when they can get that information from anywhere.
Buses will be rolling up by 1:45 or earlier.
Not if the school's still on lockdown.

Old Dog said:
No, I can get my info from here and St. Mary's Today, and The Bay Net, and News4. But I don't feel that relieves the school system of the responsibility of communicating directly to the parents in some fashion. It's their job. They have been trusted with the care of safety of these children. It is reasonable to expect them to communicate in some way about a situation like this.

In addition, I know from personal experience that situations can occur at the school (LMS) and no notice is ever given to the parents at all.

And how many parents would or wouldn't listen to a request to please remain at home is somewhat immaterial. In less than 2 hours, LMS is supposed to let out. Buses will be rolling up by 1:45 or earlier.
There are approx. 2,000 students in the high school alone. You expect them to call the parents of approx 4,000 students just to tell them, "We are working the issue, but having nothing we can tell you. Just wanted you to know."

They cannot tell us dismissal plans until they can secure the area. And that's what they are busy doing this very moment.

Tina2001aniT

Old Dog said:
No, I can get my info from here and St. Mary's Today, and The Bay Net, and News4. But I don't feel that relieves the school system of the responsibility of communicating directly to the parents in some fashion..

Hmmm....communicate with parents, GET CHILDREN SAFE...it's a toss up...

Old Dog said:
It's their job. They have been trusted with the care of safety of these children. .

and that is whatthey are doing, I am sorry if you have to get your news from other sources, but I would much rather they pull all their resources to protect thses kids then to inform you.

Old Dog said:
It is reasonable to expect them to communicate in some way about a situation like this..

True. AFTER the kids are all safe

S

Shutterbug

Old Dog said:

I didn't realize that in addition to educating our children that St. Mary's Public Schools was also supposed to be part of the media. Isn't that what the news stations are for??? To get you the info you need? Why should the schools have to do it?

mainman

Set Trippin
Tina2001aniT said:
Hmmm....communicate with parents, GET CHILDREN SAFE...it's a toss up...

and that is whatthey are doing, I am sorry if you have to get your news from other sources, but I would much rather they pull all their resources to protect thses kids then to inform you.

True. AFTER the kids are all safe
I believe you are pissing into the wind..