Leonardtown HS lockdown

watercolor

yeah yeah
ME thinks someone needs to stop posting stuff unless they know EVERYTHING- without posting bits and peices. Again- there are probably parents and relatives- that are trying to figure things out- and that is NOT helping! Hearsay is not good right now!

K

Kain99

Clueless Mom here. Just tried to drop Ryan off at the Tech Center. As previously mentioned.... Huge scene. Re-directed to Chopticon where they have staff checking every vehicle arriving.

The School secretary said she knew nothing about what was going on. I wish I had more info for you guys.

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
Channel 4 news says the whole thing was caused by "someone seeing a student in the parking lot, putting what might have been a gun (police aren't sure) into a duffel bag."

That report doesn't seem to match the response by the schools (locking down all 3 schools) or the police (all available units plus). And it certainly doesn't match what we're seeing in the posts here.

My sister ( who is in LHS) just called and said that everyone is being patted down...there is no kid roaming the halls with a gun and/or explosives. She said everything is relatively calm.

My stepdad was also at the news conference and told me the whole thing got started when a grandmother and her granddaughter saw a kid put a gun in a bookbag and head toward the high schoo.

camily

Peace
What's up with channel 4? They were in the middle of a live phone report and it went to commercial all of a sudden. WTH?

Christy

b*tch rocket
Railroad said:
That report doesn't seem to match the response by the schools (locking down all 3 schools) or the police (all available units plus). And it certainly doesn't match what we're seeing in the posts here.

Let's hope they're just being diligent, and it is all a false alarm. If it is a false alarm, I wonder how many folks are going to be in a snit because the school and law enforcement "over reacted"? :duh:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Railroad said:
They don't mess around with this stuff anymore. Even an unconfirmed report will send out the SWAT guys to batten down the hatches. Better safe than sorry.

This is probably a false alarm. I hope so, anyway. Neither FoxNews nor NBC 4 are reporting anything about a duffel bag full of weapons or anything like that, and they're breaking into it about every half hour or so.

camily said:
What's up with channel 4? They were in the middle of a live phone report and it went to commercial all of a sudden. WTH?
I was just told channel 4 will air a live press conference at noon.

nomoney

did anyone else hear about a group of parents in "the lobby" starting to cause a disturbance....heard it on the scanner then broke off...

somdjonx

vraiblonde said:
They don't mess around with this stuff anymore. Even an unconfirmed report will send out the SWAT guys to batten down the hatches. Better safe than sorry.

This is probably a false alarm. I hope so, anyway. Neither FoxNews nor NBC 4 are reporting anything about a duffel bag full of weapons or anything like that, and they're breaking into it about every half hour or so.

agreed... better safe than sorry. i'm glad they're handling it the way they are...

SeaRide

Christy said:
Let's hope they're just being diligent, and it is all a false alarm. If it is a false alarm, I wonder how many folks are going to be in a snit because the school and law enforcement "over reacted"? :duh:

I don't know LHS and LMS that well. How many separated buildings are we talking about? Two, three, four, or five?

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
nomoney said:
did anyone else hear about a group of parents in "the lobby" starting to cause a disturbance....heard it on the scanner then broke off...

Yes but I presumed they weren't talking about the school - good assumption with law enforcement controlling access.

Old Dog

I don't have a problem with the response of the authorities. I don't have a problem of them keeping the kids and not releasing them in some fashion. I have a problem with the lack of information coming from the authorities, especially the school system.

Christy

b*tch rocket
Old Dog said:
I don't have a problem with the response of the authorities. I don't have a problem of them keeping the kids and not releasing them in some fashion. I have a problem with the lack of information coming from the authorities, especially the school system.

I'm sure their top priority right now is giving everyone a blow by blow of what's going on. :duh: Ever think they might be a little busy? :shrug: