Leonardtown HS lockdown

M

missperky

SeaRide said:
I don't know LHS and LMS that well. How many separated buildings are we talking about? Two, three, four, or five?

3, LMS, LHS and Tech Center.

watercolor said:
conference on news 4
According to the conference... the official word from the school is that this is all still being driven based on an "alleged sighting" of a gun.

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
I missed the beginning of the news conference but channels 4 and 5 both say this is about a kid sighted putting a gun into a backpack. A search is in progress for the kid and the weapon.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Old Dog said:
I don't have a problem with the response of the authorities. I don't have a problem of them keeping the kids and not releasing them in some fashion. I have a problem with the lack of information coming from the authorities, especially the school system.
i'd rather have them work on resolving the issue, then tell me all about it after the fact.. lets get everyone through this, then have a press conference.

AS far as the parents making a disturbance.. start arresting them and taking them away.. Let the police do their jobs, your kids are no more special then anyone else's no matter what you may think at the time. If you can't handle being told by authorities what to do, then you don't need to be there making a bad situation worse.. cuff them and take them away.

My heart goes out to the parents, and hope their kids are ok, but making a scene in the lobby isn't helping anybody.. now they have to take some cops off of the job in the school to watch the parents in the lobby..

Voter2002

"Fill your hands you SOB!
Just got message from daughter...her class searched by Swat...students had to hold their hands on their heads while class & bookbags searched....

mandr96

I may be the minority, but I for one, appreciate the info you provide and believe your resource is credible.

Old Dog

I don't need a blow-by-blow. But by now, you would think they would have posted something on their website. And as I said earlier, they seemed to have NO plan.

The note on SMCPS's website below their news releases says "Urgent news information can be found here when “New News!” appears in red next to this link." Well, I'd consider this urgent and yet, nothing.

NBC4 did it again... just as the Sheriff was starting to say something about the K-9 units, they switched off the news conference.

itsbob said:
AS far as the parents making a disturbance.. start arresting them and taking them away.. Let the police do their jobs, your kids are no more special then anyone else's no matter what you may think at the time. If you can't handle being told by authorities what to do, then you don't need to be there making a bad situation worse.. cuff them and take them away.
I agree! :clap:

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
kwillia said:
According to the conference... the official word from the school is that this is all still being driven based on an "alleged sighting" of a gun.

Thank you K! I can't keep up with all the sources.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to kwillia again.

N

nmquinn

itsbob said:
i'd rather have them work on resolving the issue, then tell me all about it after the fact.. lets get everyone through this, then have a press conference.

My heart goes out to the parents, and hope their kids are ok, but making a scene in the lobby isn't helping anybody.. now they have to take some cops off of the job in the school to watch the parents in the lobby..
I couln't have said it better myself! Amen!

kwillia said:

I'm crossing my fingers that it stays an "alleged sighting"

Old Dog

itsbob said:

But wouldn't it still make sense to at least put out a notice asking parents not to come by? Or something? Like I said, I'm not looking for a blow-by-blow. But I think they should have issued something by now (they being the school system itself).

And yep, parents making a disturbance should be hauled off.

And I am a parent of one of the kids at LMS.

nomoney

Old Dog said:
But wouldn't it still make sense to at least put out a notice asking parents not to come by? Or something? Like I said, I'm not looking for a blow-by-blow. But I think they should have issued something by now (they being the school system itself).

I'm not a parent of a kid there and even I know that you can go by -just have to stay at the fairgrounds :confused: Am I missing something? Does someone need to hold your hand to get you to read all the info that is out there? Or does it just have to come from one specific source for you to actually be able to read it?

SeaRide

Old Dog said:

No, it does not make sense!

S

Shutterbug

Old Dog said:
But wouldn't it still make sense to at least put out a notice asking parents not to come by?
And how many parents would actually do that? Parents tend to panic in these kinds of situations and just want to get their children.