Leonardtown HS lockdown

sockgirl77

All of you LHS Grads...

This is not the LHS that I remember. Dayum, it's grown. They finally got rid of all the trailers. :yay:

Attachments

• lhs.jpg
    lhs.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 106

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Old Dog said:
I just called the superintendent's office, spoke to someone who works directly for the superintendent (sorry but I've forgotten the name, it was a woman) who said that at this time they have NO PLAN.

Yep, they have no plan. Which is nuts in my book.

The lady on the phone is going to call LMS and talk to the principal, she said. See, stuff goes on and the parents are never notified - so I specifically asked if the parents of the students in these schools would be specifically notified... cause the lady was talking about how there would be a press release.

LMS manages to call my home every week giving me an update about such lovely things as teacher appreciation week.

As for parents picking up their kids... if my kid is sitting in class doing squat all, then she should be home. If they're trying to carry on regular classes, that's a bit different. But if she's doing nothing, then she can jolly well do nothing at home.

As for what they could do, for each kid that normally gets picked up, they could call those parents and arrange to have them pick their kids up at the fairgrounds. Then they could go thru the bus lists and call up one bus worth of parents at a time and the ones that okay having their kids sent home, send the kids home. That's manageable.

OR if that's too involved and they feel it's pointless... then they could freaking issue a news item on the main website and tell us what the freaking plan is!
I think their plan right now is probably to keep everyone safe and resolve any threat of danger. Whether or not classes will continue is probably not on the top of their "to do" list right now.

camily

Peace
appyday said:
This is appy's daughter. I am inside the school right now. We are watching a movie. But anyways, what we have heard is there is a white male wearing a long white shirt and a black backpack. A teacher was told a student has a gun. We are watching out the window and there is a swat team surronding the doors and stuff. Well, all the kids are on there cells texting and calling kids in other classes, i cant do that. Cuz my dad took my cell. But im asking people what they have been hearing and its the same story.

Just heard there is a ambulence too.. Idk!

All i kno is im hungary, and gotta pee! :whistle:
TFF Appy! Gotta luv a girl that can slide in a jab about the cell phone! :killingme
Appy's daughter, we're thinking of you! :huggy:

R

residentofcre

saint mary's today.com

or baynet.com has a running dialogue...

Spoiled

My sister was turned away from school, she arrived late... She was stopped 3 times when trying to leave in her car. Her friends have said someone apparently has a gun...

My roomate's brother works for the school system, he has access to all the security cameras, nothing has happened yet...

L

ladylara

Currently Active Users: 1099 (276 members and 823 guests) wow!!!

and i echo jwwb2000's :huggy: to every student, teacher and parent involved.

Toxick

Splat
appyday said:
Well, all the kids are on there cells texting and calling kids in other classes, i cant do that. Cuz my dad took my cell. But im asking people what they have been hearing and its the same story.

Aww! C'mon dad! What's up with that? You're totally harsh.

CMC122

Go Braves!
Nickel said:
I think their plan right now is probably to keep everyone safe and resolve any threat of danger. Whether or not classes will continue is probably not on the top of their "to do" list right now.
:yeahthat:

With so many theory's about what is actually going on and all the real life incidents that have happened with nutjobs in the last few years, I am fine with my kid being locked in her classroom:yay:

jwwb2000

pretty black roses
At the Leonardtown High School there is a teacher being held hostage by a student, at this moment swat is going there each class room.

Any truth to the above statement?

sockgirl77

Ok...

I have to ask this. When in the hell did they allow kids to have their cell phones in class with them? When I was in school the issue was pagers. They weren't even allowed to be in the school with us. :shrug:

jwwb2000 said:
At the Leonardtown High School there is a teacher being held hostage by a student, at this moment swat is going there each class room.

Any truth to the above statement?
The swat team searching is true... I find the "teacher being held at gunpoint" to be questionable ... did you hear that from stmarystoday.com? :eyebrow:

CMC122

Go Braves!
sockgirl77 said:
I have to ask this. When in the hell did they allow kids to have their cell phones in class with them? When I was in school the issue was pagers. They weren't even allowed to be in the school with us. :shrug:
Since Columbine, I believe.........

They have to have a special form filled out to carry it and it's supposed to be used only incase of emergency.

sockgirl77 said:
That was back in the old days...:duh: They are allowed to have them with them, but turned off during school hours. Students have been given permission to use them to call/text parents during this crisis.

PrettyLady0874

Right now the adminstration is consentrating on the safty of the children. There plan in place right now is the safty of the children and employees. That is what I want for my children inside. I want my child and his wellbeing to be the first plan. Parents should be more understanding about the situation taking place here and know that the police force along with everyone else involved are doing the best to keep everyone safe and calm, they dont need disruptive parents causing more issues for them at this time. It is a very scary time right now and believe me I understand that but you also have to make it as easy for the police force to do there job. That is what they are paid to do and I feel they will keep my child safe. You should too.