Letter sent to Phil Rollins and Authur Shepherd

OK ARTHUR OR MIKE OR WHOEVER YOU CALL YOURSELF TODAY I AM NOT DON AND HOPEFULY THERE ISNT KNOW WAY PEEPOLE WILL VOTE FOR YOU AFTER THIS CANT RUN A SIMPLE DEPERTMENT AND NOW YOU WANT TO RUN THE COUNTRY
No need to shout your ignorance from the rooftops.

Your horrible spelling makes Baby Jesus cry.

wxtornado

The Other White Meat
OK ARTHUR OR MIKE OR WHOEVER YOU CALL YOURSELF TODAY I AM NOT DON AND HOPEFULY THERE ISNT KNOW WAY PEEPOLE WILL VOTE FOR YOU AFTER THIS CANT RUN A SIMPLE DEPERTMENT AND NOW YOU WANT TO RUN THE COUNTRY

Here's a number I think you can use: 1-800-CAPSLOCK. Give it a jingle, would ya?

wxtornado

The Other White Meat

Psssst. It's right there, to the left of the 'A' key.

WHDH-TV - RI football team forfeits game, opponent 'too good'

A high school football team will not get to play this Friday night because their opponents say they're too good.

“You’re telling the kids on the field, look, if you’re coming up in life against a situation that seems like it’s impossible to win, just give up,” said Joe Kelley, a parent.

Currently, both teams are defeated with two wins apiece. But, St. George's headmaster said that St. Lawrence Academy has much bigger players and the teams are mismatched.

“Doug Flutie was one of the shortest quarterbacks in college and then he went on to play pro. He didn’t give up,” said Kelley.

St. George's headmaster released a statement:

“We have an ethical and moral obligation to protect our student players, who have been placed in our care by their parents, from possible extreme injuries that could affect the rest of their lives.”

PrepH4U

Wow I didn't know that County Commissioners ran the whole country now :killingme Hey Walt if you still play football please wear your helmet! You do not want to have drain bamage! :whistle:

angelbaby

Just thought it pretty odd that an apology was even issued. The person that wrote it didnt post it on here. I do however, think Arthur Shepard had an issue with it because it is election time and could hurt his campaign. Just sayin.

yeti

Just thought it pretty odd that an apology was even issued. The person that wrote it didnt post it on here. I do however, think Arthur Shepard had an issue with it because it is election time and could hurt his campaign. Just sayin.

The real question is has R&P ever responded to or dealt with the issues mentioned in the letter??? I serious doubt it, other than an apology for the letter being posted.
Maybe the campaign motto should change to "don’t complain because the government doesn’t care."

Zguy28

Do you really think Morris is going to seriously give him a challenge?

Or that the youth football community will really sway an election in a county of over 100K people?

Pete

Repete
The real question is has R&P ever responded to or dealt with the issues mentioned in the letter??? I serious doubt it, other than an apology for the letter being posted.
Maybe the campaign motto should change to "don’t complain because the government doesn’t care."

Which allegation? I believe the boy in question was protested, weighed and found to be within weight. As far as the other few things they are subjective. Saying something is not "run as well as it should be" is not always a valid complaint when viewed with an unbias eye.

R

RebeccaDouglas

For the record....

I have not read thru everyone's posts but just want to say that the apology letter was posted under my account because the author of the letter and apology could not get an account -they denied him an account and somd.com will not confirm who the initial "lovegodalways" is - nor will that party step up and confirm that it was they who took it upon themselves to post something they did not write.

For those that don't think the issue is important, why are you reading this thread? Integrity at all levels of life and all interests is important. Mr. Paust followed all necessary chain of command procedures but unfortunately the letter got passed to a party with less integrity. Paust demonstrates a sincere passion for football (and all sports) in our county and for following the rules as many of us do. As long as we see progress, many of us will continue to support the league. Let's hope that Rec's and Parks stands behind Paust for truly caring enough to bring the issue to managements attention, regardless of all this extra foolishness.

goinggoing_gone

Maybe if the author had presented a valid concern, he would have received a response with explanations and reassurances.

Who knows, R&P might not respond even if the concerns were valid, but they're unfortunately not.

His first issue was that Kyle K wouldn't give him the time of day when he was running to him at the start of a game about "a situation that was interfering with the integrity of the game". I think Kyle was right to ignore the person, because he was trying to use his Rec & Parks status to effect something that should have never been brought up--at least not then and not in that manner.

We're not talking about there were kids who were a foot taller and 30 pounds heavier...we're talking about ONE child on that team that is <=75 pounds which is within the rules and regulations voted and agreed upon by all four clubs. ONE. One kid that I bet without helmet and shoulder pads on, no one could pick out of a lineup and say, THAT'S THE ONE...THAT'S THE SEVENTY-FIVE POUNDER! In reality, the 2 or 3 kids on that team that make it so oppositions can't score and enable them to run the score up are no where near 75 pounds! Beyond all that, they had been weighed in, in front of Kyle, less than a week before that day so why in the world would Kyle give any attention to this man whining about pee wee football????? The truth is, Braves Red thought they were matched up against the Raiders team that has 3 playbackers and threw their hissy fit a week early!

Second issue: "He then told me that if I had an issue I could “pay the 100$ and protest.” Gentlemen, I have worked in your department for 20 years and can’t ever remember telling someone to pay extra money to ensure that rules are being followed. These rules should be enforced all the time and at anytime. When you demand payment to enforce already written rules you lose the whole concept of “integrity” which you claim to stand for in the flyer that is sent home to every school-aged child."

This is again, in the rules and regulations and it's to prevent sore losers from running to Kyle every time their kid gets a beat-down. If there was no fee, teams would protest every game. But, there is a process if you think there is an illegal team and it does not include having a parks and rec employee who thinks he knows more than the person hired for the job stopping a legit game because he started or believed a stupid rumor.

Third issue (an actual repeat of issue 2 with extra drama and rumor added in): I told him I had heard of a child that was 78 pounds on the opposing team. Of course, I didn’t know for sure and told him that, but it was his response that bothered me. He did appear to know the situation that I was referring to and in his words “the league allows 10 pounds above the maximum weight PLUS another 2 pounds for equipment.” I told him not only was that absurd but that it still placed the child at 1 pound over the limit. His response was that “it is close enough”. Again, all of these statements require attention from someone. I find it hard to believe that Recreation and Parks condones these answers.

See response to issue above.

I realize you want a Rec & Parks response but I'm just trying to point out that they hopefully don't respond to rubbish letters like that one because they don't deserve a response.

If you want a response, read the darn rules and regs that all clubs agreed to and formulate some valid points. Kyle did nothing wrong...he followed the rules...and as much as he may screw up in other areas, there was no reason to attack him when the author clearly does not know how this program works.

As for your suggestion for a motto change, would you prefer, "Don't complain unless you know what the hell you're talking about!"

smilin

BOXER NATION
How come I have been reading these impassioned posts, replies and reposts for years, yet we can't even get involved in the next step - High School ball?
Calvert County teams bring it every game. St.Mary's has two teams this year ranked 34th and 106th in the state and nobody cares.
Football burnout?

yeti

How come I have been reading these impassioned posts, replies and reposts for years, yet we can't even get involved in the next step - High School ball?
Calvert County teams bring it every game. St.Mary's has two teams this year ranked 34th and 106th in the state and nobody cares.
Football burnout?

Which Calvert teams are you talking about?

Patuxent ranked 81st,
Huntingtown - 50
Calvert - 150
Northern - 111

Seems like Chopticon is ranked higher than all of them and Great Mills beats 50%.

Maybe you just talking about Leonardtown and Ryken.

angelbaby

Which Calvert teams are you talking about?

Patuxent ranked 81st,
Huntingtown - 50
Calvert - 150
Northern - 111

Seems like Chopticon is ranked higher than all of them and Great Mills beats 50%.

Maybe you just talking about Leonardtown and Ryken.

I believe the poster was referring to the excitement Calvert schools bring to their games. Not their rankings. They also were referring to the fact that St. Mary's has 2 higher ranked teams yet noone seems to be very excited about that.

yeti

I believe the poster was referring to the excitement Calvert schools bring to their games. Not their rankings. They also were referring to the fact that St. Mary's has 2 higher ranked teams yet noone seems to be very excited about that.

Thanks for pointing that out.

It seems like the AD's at both Chopticon and GM both dislike football for some reason. Just my opinion.