LG DARE Update V06

Floyd2004

-Void-
Best way to know is just to check. I think V05 is the latest "shipped" version. V06 just came out.

I know mine was on version 03 when I updated and I can see a noticable difference in poking around on the phone.

Pete

Repete
Buying on line, how do I check?

You wont be able to until you have it in hand. Once you get it you go to Settings and Tools/phone info/sw hw version.

Mine has 03 in it and it works great. I am surprised to hear they improved it since mine works flawlessly.

glhs837

Power with Control
I thought mine was fine too, Pete, you'll be surprised at how much better it is. Its misleading, because saying that makes the VO3 sound like a horrible thing, which it isn't, as shown by the number of folks who don't even consider theres anything wrong.

Heres a sequential list of how to check, for folks who think better that way...

1. Settings

2. Phone Info

3. SW/HW Version

First line should read " [SW Version] under that should be "VX970V05"

And Larry, just to be clear, the phone itself is identical, its just the firmware loaded onto it. Takes maybe 10-15 minutes at the Verizon store to update it, so, no matter what version comes in the box, its no real hassle to change it.

Me, I dropped mine off, went "window" shopping at Lowes for a short while:)

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I
And Larry, just to be clear, the phone itself is identical, its just the firmware loaded onto it. Takes maybe 10-15 minutes at the Verizon store to update it, so, no matter what version comes in the box, its no real hassle to change it.

THAT right there is the answer I was looking for but could not figure out how to ask.

Tnx!

:buddies:

Pete

Repete
THAT right there is the answer I was looking for but could not figure out how to ask.

Tnx!

:buddies:

I didn't understand. I am sure you have a Verizon store close by and they can do it. There are SOME software upgrades you can download yourself. In the menus there is a button for "check for upgrades".

glhs837

Power with Control
Since we're talking Dare here, heres a couple of things.

1. Who can give me the idiots guide to putting vids from this thing online?

2. For the new Dare owners looking for scratch protection, I use the Zagg Invisbleshield. A bit of a pain to put on, but works great. Of course, your personal preferences apply. This is a sheet wrap kinda deal, kinda like window tint as far as application. I know some folks like holsters, and silicone surrounds, for me, part of the Dares allure was its slimness, I can slide it into my pocket easily.

3. quick redial is as easy as pressing the phone button on the bottom and holding for 2-3 seconds

Pete

Repete
Since we're talking Dare here, heres a couple of things.

1. Who can give me the idiots guide to putting vids from this thing online?

2. For the new Dare owners looking for scratch protection, I use the Zagg Invisbleshield. A bit of a pain to put on, but works great. Of course, your personal preferences apply. This is a sheet wrap kinda deal, kinda like window tint as far as application. I know some folks like holsters, and silicone surrounds, for me, part of the Dares allure was its slimness, I can slide it into my pocket easily.

3. quick redial is as easy as pressing the phone button on the bottom and holding for 2-3 seconds

1. I have a card reader and I take the card out and stick it in the reader and download or upload for that matter pics and vid to my laptop.

2. I have had mine for a year and have no scratch protector. Didn't figure I needed it.

3. If you press the send button 2 times it will redial tha last number.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I didn't understand. I am sure you have a Verizon store close by and they can do it. There are SOME software upgrades you can download yourself. In the menus there is a button for "check for upgrades".

Well, yes, and we were at that store yesterday when they said go buy the phone on line so you don't have to fill out the rebate crap; the rebate is automatic on line.

So, I call Verizon and now I can't buy a ####ING phone on line because someone in customer service is taking their job incredibly seriously and wants my 'new' tax ID number which never got changed since '02 yet in the mean time I am able to walk into any Verizon store over the years and extend contracts, get new phones, make all sorts of changes even have the kids go in and with a simple call to me verbally verify who I am so that the kids can deal with any changes. Never had my checks sent back for lack of the new number. Never had a single effing problem until this fine human being.

Dear Verizon person; it's called CUSTOMER SERVICE not CUSTOMER DISSERVICE.

God, I am PO'd right now. They've been great and easy to deal with for years until this freaking dolt.

Pete

Repete
Well, yes, and we were at that store yesterday when they said go buy the phone on line so you don't have to fill out the rebate crap; the rebate is automatic on line.

So, I call Verizon and now I can't buy a ####ING phone on line because someone in customer service is taking their job incredibly seriously and wants my 'new' tax ID number which never got changed since '02 yet in the mean time I am able to walk into any Verizon store over the years and extend contracts, get new phones, make all sorts of changes even have the kids go in and with a simple call to me verbally verify who I am so that the kids can deal with any changes. Never had my checks sent back for lack of the new number. Never had a single effing problem until this fine human being.

Dear Verizon person; it's called CUSTOMER SERVICE not CUSTOMER DISSERVICE.

God, I am PO'd right now. They've been great and easy to deal with for years until this freaking dolt.

Deep breaths :lol:. I can't understand why your tax ID number is important to them :confused: Easy enough though, go to the store and buy it and have them update the firmware before you leave. Then fill out the rebate form and mail it off.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Deep breaths :lol:. I can't understand why your tax ID number is important to them :confused: Easy enough though, go to the store and buy it and have them update the firmware before you leave. Then fill out the rebate form and mail it off.

Pete, you don't know me all that well;

Then fill out the rebate form and mail it off and then set a stick on fire and slowly insert it into your eye socket and if it starts to hurt a little, douse the flames with rubbing alcohol, then, pour salt on it...

Coupons, rebates, there are just some things I find irrationally painful yet I do recognize that I will NOT follow through on them. Until today, it was ALWAYS easier to just buy it on line.

I'll send kid to the store after she gets off school and they'll let her do as she pleases. She's paying for this phone anyway, so, if she doesn't get the rebate taken care of, it's her $50.

vanbells

Pookieboo!!!
You wont be able to until you have it in hand. Once you get it you go to Settings and Tools/phone info/sw hw version.

Mine has 03 in it and it works great. I am surprised to hear they improved it since mine works flawlessly.

I agree. :buddies: