LG DARE Update V06

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
So, got a new phone, did not get the DARE though, when I finally got to put my hands on it, me and phones don't get along well enough for me to own a phone that fragile-ish :lmao:

I ended up withthe Motorola MOTO RIZR (Z6tv)

Still can't get my old phone to turn on, so they couldn't get any of my old contacts or anything off of it unless I can get it on :banghead:

peanutman

Battery life:
I seem to be having a problem with my battery life. Before the update, I could go five days before a charge (sometimes more). Now, It seems to be every two - three days. I wanted to see if everyone else was doing ok? The problem has just started and the only thing I have done more is texting and that's it.

Floyd2004

-Void-
Yea I let mine fully discharge then I charged it fully and I got my weeks worth of battery back.
Before that I was only getting 3-4 days.

glhs837

Power with Control
Well, looks like this "digital memory",which for those of you who dont follow links and read, I'll cover shortly, is a factor in both VO5 and VO6. Luckily, easily remedied, the way I like my issues:)

Digital memory is an issue with devices that monitor battery life and display a gauge, like laptops and cell phones. That gauge is driven by a chip in the battery. What happens is that a lot of small charges kinda fool that chip.

If it only ever goes from %65 to %85, only changing over a small range, its estimate of remaining charge gets thrown off. Those are made up numbers to illustrate the point, BTW. So, once in a while a full discharge lets that chip see clearly.