LG DARE Update V06

Floyd2004

-Void-
Yea I had to charge mine late last night because I dropped to one bar finally. Almost a week on one charge is fine by me.

Had a full four bars when I unplugged it yesterday about 8 am. Since then, its been about 8-10 calls, about 203 minutes each, 4-6 text messages, and about an hour total driving in the car (bluetooth active) Still sitting at four bars right now.

Whoops, shoulda mentioned, I'm using V05.

You spend a lot of time on the phone. :eyebrow:

vanbells

Pookieboo!!!
Well, I was fully charged this morning. I'm down to two bars on battery and all I did is take one picture without using flash. No text messaging or incoming/outgoing/missed calls. Bluetooth is also turned off.

This was my favorite phone.

glhs837

Power with Control
Van, give it a day or two, mine went weird on battery life for a day or so, then straightened out.

and that was 2-3 minutes, Mr DesertRat Smarty Pants:smack: :howdy:

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
So if I go get a Dare this weekend, will it come with these updates already, or is this something you have to pay for?

sanchezf

Little ol' Me
I just got one over the weekend and I have to plug it in every night for the battery and texting is ok.

Do I need to go get the update?

glhs837

Power with Control
SBK, no, it most likely wont come with, but you dont have to pay firmware updates are free.

Sanchez, it certainly cant hurt you. One thing to think about folks, is how much your battery life is affected by your dailiy routine. If your out in the sticks, and your phone has to expend more juice just to stay on the network, your battery life is going to suffer. The building I used to work in, signal was in and out, and I needed to charge much more often.

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
SBK, no, it most likely wont come with, but you dont have to pay firmware updates are free.

Is that the *228 or whatever it is update, or something Verizon has to do there?

The building I'm in blows for service, and I am in and out all day so it jumps alot, if I decide to get the dare, should I just go ahead and get the extended battery?

What kind of cases come for the phone as well?

(trying to get as much 411 as possible before I walk into verizon)

glhs837

Power with Control
Not *288, you have to go into the Verizon Store, a company one like the one at RTs 4 and 235. Eh, I dont know about the extended battery, since it charges off any USB port, I just kept my cable with me and plugged it into the work computer.

I dont have a case, as such, I use Zagg Industries Invisible Shield, since I like the slim shape of the phone.

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
Not *288, you have to go into the Verizon Store, a company one like the one at RTs 4 and 235. Eh, I dont know about the extended battery, since it charges off any USB port, I just kept my cable with me and plugged it into the work computer.

I dont have a case, as such, I use Zagg Industries Invisible Shield, since I like the slim shape of the phone.

So basically, walk in, buy the phone, then go straight to customer service and get the update :lol:

Lugnut

I'm Rick James #####!
Some of the LG phones have the capability to update firmware over the air. Look for Settings&tools>phone info>software update.

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
So....went out on a job site, went to look at my phone, and it was turned off (which it's been doing on its own for a while), normally, I can turn it right back on, at times have to take the battery off and back on to do so...

Well, it won't even turn on now :lmao:

So, is the verdict on the Dare that it is worth the money once you get the update?

glhs837

Power with Control
So....went out on a job site, went to look at my phone, and it was turned off (which it's been doing on its own for a while), normally, I can turn it right back on, at times have to take the battery off and back on to do so...

Well, it won't even turn on now :lmao:

So, is the verdict on the Dare that it is worth the money once you get the update?

Well, I think so, thought so even before the update. As far as your current phone, as a quick fix, try putting a a folded up piece of paper between the battery and the cover, sort of a shim. Sometimes battery contacts get wonky over time, and wedging the battery in there just a little tighter can help it stay in contact. Not too much, dont want to crush it, but a littel wont hurt.

glhs837

Power with Control
Once, and it was maybe two days after that that it seemed to straighten out and fly right. so to speak.

glhs837

Power with Control
How to prolong lithium-based batteries

This here says that while lithiums dont have charge memory, ones with "fuel gauges", and I assume also cell phones, can get that charger level reading out of whack, and report bad charge levels. Heres the two main points he makes.

The battery prefers a partial rather than a full discharge. Frequent full discharges should be avoided when possible. Instead, charge the battery more often or use a larger battery

Short discharges with subsequent recharges do not provide the periodic calibration needed to synchronize the fuel gauge with the battery's state-of-charge. A deliberate full discharge and recharge every 30 charges corrects this problem. Letting the battery run down to the cut-off point in the equipment will do this. If ignored, the fuel gauge will become increasingly less accurate.