looking for some legal help

somd whisper

nomoney said:
you're right, I should give you some common courtesy :huggy: I'm really really sorry about the death of your father. And I'm really really sorry that you live with a woman beater :huggy:

I am sorry that you feel the need to try and get that last stab in. Thanks so much for taking the time to write. I wish you and yours the best and can only hope that nothing like this or something as negative impacts your family as it did ours.

It has been a pleasure speaking with you.

somd whisper

RoseRed said:
Will you show your brother this thread?

Not really....he and his girlfriend has been through enough and it hurt her very much to see these things so I can only imagine how this would make him feel. I feel so bad that I did this to her. I was only trying to help out by thinking if I asked the people that lived here I would get something that could help them out. For the most part I did. Thanks everyone for your help.

Tina2001aniT

Chasey_Lane said:
I think the girlfriend had it coming to her. She should have listened to him the first time. :shrug:

Ut Oh, CHASEY, DAY........Ace has broken into your house and logged onto your puter....:lol:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
somd whisper said:
Not really....he and his girlfriend has been through enough and it hurt her very much to see these things so I can only imagine how this would make him feel. I feel so bad that I did this to her. I was only trying to help out by thinking if I asked the people that lived here I would get something that could help them out. For the most part I did. Thanks everyone for your help.

Do you think he would be angry that you aired his dirty laundry here?

somd whisper

RoseRed said:
Do you think he would be angry that you aired his dirty laundry here?

No, he is a very kind person and will understand that I was only trying to help. Names were not mentioned and I cannot believe his case is the only one unique to SOMD.

I on the other hand am disappointed in myself and have learned a valuable lesson.
I was forewarned about these forums but was naive to think that if I spoke to people with respect that they in turn will do the same. My mistake.

Thank you for your time.

nomoney

so what was it? Did he "attack her" or did she get injured while "trying to subdue him" ? Because that's two totally different things and I fail to see how a guy with no prior's would get 1st and 2nd degree asault charges filed against him for "slightly" injuring a woman while she was trying to subdue him.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
somd whisper said:
No, he is a very kind person and will understand that I was only trying to help. Names were not mentioned and I cannot believe his case is the only one unique to SOMD.

I on the other hand am disappointed in myself and have learned a valuable lesson. I was forewarned about these forums but was naive to think that if I spoke to people with respect that they in turn will do the same. My mistake.

Thank you for your time.
:peanutbutterjellytime:

somd whisper

nomoney said:
so what was it? Did he "attack her" or did she get injured while "trying to subdue him" ? Because that's two totally different things and I fail to see how a guy with no prior's would get 1st and 2nd degree asault charges filed against him for "slightly" injuring a woman while she was trying to subdue him.

That is why we were so perplexed. We have a copy of the statement my brothers girlfriend wrote. It was in the papers that the police wrote.

That is why his bail is now being reevaluated and changed. The police said she was attacked she said she was not it resulted in trying to subdue him.

Last edited:

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
somd whisper said:
That is why we were so perplexed. We have a copy of the statement my brothers girlfriend wrote. It was in the papers that the police wrote.

That is why his bail is now being reevaluated and changed. The police said she was attacked she said she was not it resulted in trying to subdue him.

I'm sorry but why on earth didn't you hire an attorney prior to his going to his preliminary inquiry? They usually have a week to seek representation.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Tigerlily said:
I'm sorry but why on earth didn't you hire an attorney prior to his going to his preliminary inquiry? They usually have a week to seek representation.

People who have never been in trouble with the law wouldn't typically know how this stuff works.

somd whisper

Tigerlily said:

He was placed in custody and because what was written by the police a preliminary hearing was the very next day. That is why I came here to see if anyone could recommend a really good lawyer. We have never had a need for one and don’t know any in the area.

All of this has happened going on only three days!

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
elaine said:
People who have never been in trouble with the law wouldn't typically know how this stuff works.
Well once your arrested I believe they take you in front of the commisioner who determines if you get bail a PR or not. I would think that common sense would tell you if you can't get out that night or the next day you would then call for an attorney. Also I would think a Bailbondsmen could get you out.

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
somd whisper said:
He was placed in custody and because what was written by the police a preliminary hearing was the very next day. That is why I came here to see if anyone could recommend a really good lawyer. We have never had a need for one and don’t know any in the area.

All of this has happened going on only three days!

Ok I understand a bit better now.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Tigerlily said:
Well once your arrested I believe they take you in front of the commisioner who determines if you get bail a PR or not. I would think that common sense would tell you if you can't get out that night or the next day you would then call for an attorney. Also I would think a Bailbondsmen could get you out.

You forget where you live? None of that is a given. Hell, being read your rights isn't a given. Common sense? I don't think that comes into play when you're talking about lawyers and court.

somd whisper

Tigerlily said:

He could not go before a commisioner in the state he was in. The preliminary was held the very nexy day before we could act on it, then we started to look for a lawyer. But he is out now and on his way home. Thanks.

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
elaine said:
You forget where you live? None of that is a given. Hell, being read your rights isn't a given. Common sense? I don't think that comes into play when you're talking about lawyers and court.

Agreed. :yay:

On a side note my 16 yr old daughter informed me last friday that her date with her BF for Saturday was canceled because he had to go stay with his father who was recovering from being poisened by his Step Mother!!
I was like OMG that was all over the radio this week. :jameo: