Looters

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
nomoney said:
I watched all the different specials last night; and it all blends in together. But they were tear jerkers last night.

Just curious, if a boat ends up on your roof, do you get to keep the boat? :lol:
or can ya sell it? finders keepers i say :lol:

SeaRide

excerpt from cnn.com
"Ambulance workers victimized by looters"
"New Orleans police halt rescue efforts to stop looters"
"Louisiana governor "just furious" about lawlessness"

-----------------------
The firm's priority is getting out 25 critically ill infants from Children's Hospital and 100 babies from Touro Infirmary, said spokeswoman Julie Mahfouz.

Zuschlag said part of the reason Touro requested the evacuation of its 175 patients -- including 100 babies -- "is the unrest in New Orleans."

He said his workers have been victims of the looting and mayhem across the city.

"My people are in harm's way," he said. "They are scared. Our command station about an hour ago had the generator stolen off the back of it. We've had an ambulance turned over.
---------------------------------

enuff said?

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
happyappygirl said:
He said even the police are "looting" to get rescuers what they need (genertors blankets etc.), since there are no shop owners around, and no-one to give FEMA invoices too.
There's a name for that (escapes my fuzzy brain right now) that empowers the police to take anything they need in order to help in a crisis situation. It's perfectly legal and I don't have any problem with that as they are helping in the rescue efforts.

Now, these other POS need to be shot on sight. If something isn't done to curb it, it's going to get a lot worse very quickly.

com·man·deer ( P ) Pronunciation Key (kmn-dîr)
tr.v. com·man·deered, com·man·deer·ing, com·man·deers
To force into military service.
To seize for military use; confiscate.

morganj614

jazz lady said:
There's a name for that (escapes my fuzzy brain right now) that empowers the police to take anything they need in order to help in a crisis situation. It's perfectly legal and I don't have any problem with that as they are helping in the rescue efforts.

Now, these other POS need to be shot on sight. If something isn't done to curb it, it's going to get a lot worse very quickly.

I was just gonna type that. I am feeling nothing but anger at the morons and just shoot everyone on sight :burning: scoop up later.

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
kwillia said:
:yeahthat:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
kwillia said:
That's it. Thank you. :kiss: Too little sleep for the last few nights. :stupid:

B

Bruzilla

The polie and guard are also required to document everything they are taking, and where it's coming from, so that the owners can be reimbursed. I doubt the looters are doing that.

meme

The Smart Hooker
Does anyone know if the area(s) that were hit the hardest are mostly made up of lower income? Because for the life of me, I don't understand why they didn't just leave when they were given a mandatory evacuation.

meme said:
Does anyone know if the area(s) that were hit the hardest are mostly made up of lower income? Because for the life of me, I don't understand why they didn't just leave when they were given a mandatory evacuation.

Anger rises among Mississippi's poor after Katrina

http://reuters.myway.com/article/20...DST_0_NEWS-BT-WEATHER-KATRINA-POVERTY-DC.html

"Many people didn't have the financial means to get out," said Alan LeBreton, 41, an apartment superintendent who lived on Biloxi's seaside road, now in ruins. "That's a crime and people are angry about it."

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
kwillia said:
Anger rises among Mississippi's poor after Katrina

http://reuters.myway.com/article/20...DST_0_NEWS-BT-WEATHER-KATRINA-POVERTY-DC.html

"Many people didn't have the financial means to get out," said Alan LeBreton, 41, an apartment superintendent who lived on Biloxi's seaside road, now in ruins. "That's a crime and people are angry about it."
I hate that BS. It's not a crime to be poor and it's not someone elses fault. I've watched too many climb up from nothing to accept that.

mAlice

professional daydreamer

Toxick

Splat
wmburdette said:
...and I completely reject the notion that cheating the insurance companies is acceptable just because some people get away with it.

Amen!

I reject that notion too.

I think we should cheat insurance companies simply because they deserve it.

Wife Wanders Flooded Streets With Husband's Body

http://www.wusatv9.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=42611

When Xavier Bowie died in a flooded neighborhood, his common-law wife did the only thing she could think to do. She wrapped his body in a sheet, laid him on a makeshift bier of two-by-fours and, with a little help, floated him down to the main road.

Bowie, 57, a truck driver who had been with Turner for 16 years, had advanced lung cancer and could not be easily moved. When Turner could find no one to take them out of the city, she decided to stay home and hope the storm would spare them.

But Hurricane Katrina left her neighborhood under several feet of water. By Tuesday, with no phone and only a small tank of oxygen left, Turner slogged out into the streets for help.

By the time she got back, Bowie was dead.

BuddyLee

Football addict
blacklabman said:
Looters should be shot on sight!
I wish they'd show the cops holding their shotguns up to the looters and them dropping whatever they had in their hands. Those shots were priceless.:yay: