Looters

Triggerfish

BS Gal said:
I can only say, there are an awfully lot of really fat poor people. I know I am going to get shiat for this remark.

I remember something about that from a class a long time ago. Richer people can usually afford better food and time to exercise. That usually mean fresh veggies, fruits, and meat with lower fat content. They may cook their food with canola oil. On the other hand poor people end up eating things like canned food (high sodium) and meat with much higher fat content. They may cook their food with oils higher in saturated fat.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
Triggerfish said:
I remember something about that from a class a long time ago. Richer people can usually afford better food and time to exercise. That usually mean fresh veggies, fruits, and meat with lower fat content. They may cook their food with canola oil. On the other hand poor people end up eating things like canned food (high sodium) and meat with much higher fat content. They may cook their food with oils higher in saturated fat.
And they can't exercise? Richer people=time to exercise? I think the richer people have less time because they are working. Anyone can walk.....

Christy

b*tch rocket
Triggerfish said:
Sell that theory to the Ethiopians. :whistle:

I'm sorry, poor in this country don't know poor. If I've said it once, I've said it a million times, you have to try awfully hard to starve to death in this country. (starvation and emaciation is usually reserved for wealthy Hollywood types).

What is apalling to me with this whole business is how indignant these people are about the situation. How about a little appreciation for being alive? I saw one lady having a meltdown in an interview because she had to wade across the street and her clothes were soaking wet. Unbelievable. :duh:

BuddyLee

Football addict
BS Gal said:
And they can't exercise? Richer people=time to exercise? I think the richer people have less time because they are working. Anyone can walk.....
I don't follow that logic. Rich people don't have to work as much because they are rich whereas the middle class works most out of all three. The poor can mooch off of food stamps and independence cards all the while becoming more and more lazy gaining more and more weight.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
BuddyLee said:
I don't follow that logic. Rich people don't have to work as much because they are rich whereas the middle class works most out of all three. The poor can mooch off of food stamps and independence cards all the while becoming more and more lazy gaining more and more weight.[/QUOTE
Actually, I made a mistake. I guess I was referring to the middle class. We work and appreciate what we work for. The poor mooch and gain weight and then whine when they aren't getting more help. I agree with you - just mis-stated when I said rich instead of middle class.

There are a lot of fatties in the news though, with a lot of kids. I had one kid and two step-kids to raise and no child support from the mother of the step-kids. Would have liked to have another child of my own, but realized there was no way to do that and be able to afford it. Can't help but be a bit angry at some of the people on the news.

Triggerfish

BS Gal said:

Poorer people have higher calorie diet which means they need to exercise more to burn those extra calories.

Triggerfish

Christy said:
Sell that theory to the Ethiopians. :whistle:

We were talking about the U.S.....New Orleans to be exact. It does not apply to actual people who are starving.

Christy said:
I'm sorry poor in this country don't know poor. If I've said it once, I've said it a million times, you have to try awfully hard to starve to death in this country. (starvation and emaciation is usually reserved for wealthy Hollywood types).

I agree 100% with that. If you're not too proud you can always dig through a garbage can. Only exceptions are minors who are neglected by their guardians.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
Triggerfish said:
Poorer people have higher calorie diet which means they need to exercise more to burn those extra calories.
Or maybe exercise at all. Or get a job.

meme

The Smart Hooker
It really burns me up when these people are yelling at the television cameras that no one is helping them. If they had gotten out when they were told to, they would have received help! Instead we have to spend more money and send more people over there to rescue these morons. They think by setting fires to their houses, stealing, beating up people, raping will get them saved alot quicker. :rolleyes:

nomoney

meme said:
It really burns me up when these people are yelling at the television cameras that no one is helping them. If they had gotten out when they were told to, they would have received help! Instead we have to spend more money and send more people over there to rescue these morons. They think by setting fires to their houses, stealing, beating up people, raping will get them saved alot quicker. :rolleyes:

It's a shame that the thungs in the town have made the rest of the survivors look like thungs themselves. Just because a small percent is doing all the shooting, etc...are you willing to sit by and watch thousands of people starve and dehydrate to death simply because you don't want your tax dollars going towards the rescue copters??? :duh:

meme

The Smart Hooker
nomoney said:
It's a shame that the thungs in the town have made the rest of the survivors look like thungs themselves. Just because a small percent is doing all the shooting, etc...are you willing to sit by and watch thousands of people starve and dehydrate to death simply because you don't want your tax dollars going towards the rescue copters??? :duh:

I didn't say I didn't want these people to be rescued. I'm all for using every source they have to rescue these morons who didn't get out when told to. My point being, committing all these crimes are not going to get them rescued any faster. All they are doing it making it harder for people to actually be rescued.

nomoney

meme said:
I didn't say I didn't want these people to be rescued. I'm all for using every source they have to rescue these morons who didn't get out when told to. My point being, committing all these crimes are not going to get them rescued any faster. All they are doing it making it harder for people to actually be rescued.
I was under the impression that the one's at the convention center did do what they were told. (that is why they are there). How you can call a 2 year old passed out form dehydration with her mother screaming trying to wake her up a moron is beyond me-but I guess some people are more heartless then others :shrug:

meme

The Smart Hooker
nomoney said:
I was under the impression that the one's at the convention center did do what they were told. (that is why they are there). How you can call a 2 year old passed out form dehydration with her mother screaming trying to wake her up a moron is beyond me-but I guess some people are more heartless then others :shrug:

Heartless? Not all the say. I have made SEVERAL posts on these topics stating that I feel bad for the elderly and babies/children that had no choice to get out. I don't feel bad for the ones who decide to stick it out in their trailer and then get mad because they are not being rescued fast enough.

As for the convention center...I have no problems with that and I'm glad they were smart enough to seek shelter somewhere. But there are beatings, and rapes going on in the convention center. I guess then it's okay.

nomoney

meme said:
Heartless? Not all the say. I have made SEVERAL posts on these topics stating that I feel bad for the elderly and babies/children that had no choice to get out. I don't feel bad for the ones who decide to stick it out in their trailer and then get mad because they are not being rescued fast enough.

As for the convention center...I have no problems with that and I'm glad they were smart enough to seek shelter somewhere. But there are beatings, and rapes going on in the convention center. I guess then it's okay.

So lets condem all those people because of the 1% that are being *******s :confused:

They are not just screaming to be rescued; they are simply asking for someone to air drop some water and bread :shrug:

I'm just not understanding you I guess :shrug: Are we supossed to as a nation sit back and watch people die just because they stayed? What would you have done? What would you be saying to the camera man if you were there in that situation because you couldn't get out?