Lost Chickens

Roman

We live on a residential street...all houses are fairly close together. Two neighbors have roosters/chickens. I love to hear the Doodle-Doing!!! I also learned something; they just don't doodle-do at sunrise!!!:lol:
That's funny, because I love their Doodling, no matter what time of day it is. Rocky's favorite time of Doodling was at 5 AM. We have 5 Rental homes on our property, and NONE of them have any problem with it. I would bring Rocky in to the Garage at night, where he roosted on a Step Ladder to sleep, so that when he did Doodle, it wouldn't bother anyone. This older Lady just wanted something to complain about I guess. The irony of that is that she LOVES Birds! Our Tenants just love the Fresh eggs we get from the Chix too.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
We live on a residential street...all houses are fairly close together. Two neighbors have roosters/chickens. I love to hear the Doodle-Doing!!! I also learned something; they just don't doodle-do at sunrise!!!:lol:

You are so right - they doodle-do all dang day LOL

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
The rescue hens have upgraded accommodations now (were in a cage) ...

the Buff one appears to have an eye issue. She squints it. No fluid coming from it though. Maybe her eye was injured?

Attachments

• 2012-05-28rescuehens.jpg
    2012-05-28rescuehens.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 214

Crewdawg141

IYAMYAS!!!!!

the Buff one appears to have an eye issue. She squints it. No fluid coming from it though. Maybe her eye was injured?

This morning at the intersection of 5 and 6 in Charlotte Hall on the SB side across from the Amish market in the center divider there was a Buff Chicken running loose. I did not see any vendors at the market so I am assuming the bird was another recent escapee.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
This morning at the intersection of 5 and 6 in Charlotte Hall on the SB side across from the Amish market in the center divider there was a Buff Chicken running loose. I did not see any vendors at the market so I am assuming the bird was another recent escapee.

Oh my.

Can anyone driving by there let me know if they see it in the area again today? If so, I'd be happy to try and snag it with my net.

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out

it was there last week as well

Roman

What plump little Cuties Ark. They look very healthy...thanks to you. If you ever get over filled with Chickens, I have room for a couple more. They are my Pets, I eat their Eggs, but not my Chix. Hope you are having a good day!

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
it was there last week as well

oh wow, I wonder why no one has caught it yet? My nets have short handles, all the harder to catch critters when you have to get so close to them. I'll have to try to get an extension pole to use one of these days.

If anyone drives by and sees 2 people chasing a chicken, one of them may be me :biggrin:

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
oh wow, I wonder why no one has caught it yet? My nets have short handles, all the harder to catch critters when you have to get so close to them. I'll have to try to get an extension pole to use one of these days.

If anyone drives by and sees 2 people chasing a chicken, one of them may be me :biggrin:

:jet:...

i will check on my way home this eve

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
:jet:...

i will check on my way home this eve

I think I ought to change my clothes before I go trying to catch a chicken because I have on sandals with heels. Aside from a drunk in heels, next worst thing is probably a woman running in them, regardless of why she is running LOL

OMG I saw a woman in bright yellow clothes in heels chasing a chicken near the Amish Market LOL

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
I think I ought to change my clothes before I go trying to catch a chicken because I have on sandals with heels. Aside from a drunk in heels, next worst thing is probably a woman running in them, regardless of why she is running LOL

OMG I saw a woman in bright yellow clothes in heels chasing a chicken near the Amish Market...if you see her be advised she is swinging a net all around LOL

:fixed:

tes218

It's good to have another home for the rescues. I wonder how that chicken has survived? Lucky?

We saw the chicken on Saturday morning around 10:00. It was right at the light on Rt. 5 near the trees across from the library. The amish were there and I was hoping one would notice it and be able to catch it. We came through again around 6:00pm and didn't see it. Good luck catching it.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Got it !

We caught the lone chicken at RT 5 & RT 6 that was in the median on South-bound side and we were all over the median on both sides, and all through the woods too chasing that darn chicken.

After about half an hour later, sweating and out of breath we got it. I put it in the crate and the chicken spun around and got out, so the chase was on again, this time on the Southbound side of Rt 5 where my car was parked LOL. Within 5 minutes we had the chicken again and this time I turned the crate on end and lowered the chicken in, quickly latching the door <G>.

HI to those who beeped at me (Southbound RT 5). One of you in a pick up truck had a VERY loud horn and I about jumped out of my skin when I heard it LOL

Last edited:

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
We caught the lone chicken at RT 5 & RT 6 that was in the median on South-bound side and we were all over the median on both sides, and all through the woods too chasing that darn chicken.

After about half an hour later, sweating and out of breath we got it. I put it in the crate and the chicken spun around and got out, so the chase was on again, this time on the Southbound side of Rt 5 where my car was parked LOL. Within 5 minutes we had the chicken again and this time I turned the crate on end and lowered the chicken in, quickly latching the door <G>.

HI to those who beeped at me (Southbound RT 5). One of you in a pick up truck had a VERY loud horn and I about jumped out of my skin when I heard it LOL

:killingme:killingme

Independence

Ark, I thought you were going to ask the chicken why she crossed the road :)

Glad all of your are safe and sound. Route 5 can be a scary place during rush hour.