Lots of sirens

MMDad

Lem Putt
But in this case, I doubt anything would have changed the outcome of this accident as you cant remove or fix "stupid" from the equation.

How do you know "stupid" caused this crash? Why are you such a hateful negative biatch?

nobody really

I need a nap
i feel bad for the girl that was on the bike. she probably had no control over what the driver was doing. four kids. sad.

How do you know "stupid" caused this crash? Why are you such a hateful negative biatch?

What would you call riding so fast that you can't slow enough when you come up on another vehicle? In the dark and rainy, to make it worse.

1stGenSMIB

desertrat...just a weather conditions clarification: dark yes, rainy...not yet. The area was dry at the time of the accident. It did not start raining until I was walking home from the accident scene at approximately midnight when the officers were taping off and beginning their accident reconstruction efforts.

As far as dark, most of the intersections on that stretch of Route 4 do have a 'street light' hanging over one corner of the intersection, but this did not happen right at the intersection, and the intersecting road did not appear to me to have anything to do with the incident itself. As anyone that travels that road regularly is aware, other than being a wide road with mostly good shoulders, it is dark.

Although we have no clarification, there seems to be suggestion that speed & carelessness was a factor in this accident. I agree with the poster above that the woman that was killed had little or no control over the situation other than to yell at the motorcycle driver. However, that is a chance you take anytime you are a passenger in any motor vehicle, whether a tandem bicycle or a Suburban. I can tell you from being there, that everyone worked their ass off to try and save both of them.

Last edited:

Roman

No matter what happened, it is sad for all involved. I re-read the article, and didn't see where "racing" was a factor in this Crash. No matter who did what, they either paid, or are paying for this split-second mistake. The hard part is going to be having to tell my Son. He is on his way to his new Duty Station from California as I type, he's driving Cross Country.

MMDad

Lem Putt
What would you call riding so fast that you can't slow enough when you come up on another vehicle? In the dark and rainy, to make it worse.

I'd say that we don't know the facts. There are a lot of rumors about racing, but we don't know if that's true. By looking at the skid marks, I could just as easily believe that he was travelling at a reasonable speed, became distracted, and did not have time to react.

Re-read Stinkpens statement. She said that you can't fix stupid. She's not saying that someone made a stupid mistake, which I would agree with, it's saying that the person who made that stupid mistake was so stupid that this crash could not have been prevented.

Either way, jumping in only 16 hours after the crash to call someone terminally stupid based on incomplete facts and rumors is negative, hateful, and biatchy, isn't it?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Either way, jumping in only 16 hours after the crash to call someone terminally stupid based on incomplete facts and rumors is negative, hateful, and biatchy, isn't it?

Let me tell you what I think is more negative, hateful and biatchy, and that is to drive recklessly and endanger others.

It's always a shame when someone loses their life through poor choices and bad decision-making, but what's worse is to be toodling along, minding your own business, and have this person come along and change your life for you.

Hank

my war

ehhh... that's Stinkpen's (Katelin) M.O... She did the same exact thing when the teenager died on Clarke's Landing Rd.

1stGenSMIB

Good point vrai...from what I understand the girls in the Cherokee were minding their own business, and next thing you know, they are launched over the hill into the field between the red barn & the end of Shady Mile Drive. :-/
I didn't even know there was a vehicle over there until someone told me..er...because the grass is so freaking tall!!:whistle:

I am still shaken about this whole thing, and I feel terrible for those that were lost, and those that knew them. Talking about it does help some...(and I do not mean here on this silly forum.)

One of the things I did yesterday to grow from being involved in this incident was to go and get a First Aid & CPR certification.

Last edited:
I'd say that we don't know the facts. There are a lot of rumors about racing, but we don't know if that's true. By looking at the skid marks, I could just as easily believe that he was travelling at a reasonable speed, became distracted, and did not have time to react.

Re-read Stinkpens statement. She said that you can't fix stupid. She's not saying that someone made a stupid mistake, which I would agree with, it's saying that the person who made that stupid mistake was so stupid that this crash could not have been prevented.

Don't claim to know the facts. If he let himself be distracted while riding long enough to miss the fact he was coming up on a car I would say that just isn't terribly bright wouldn't you? I have no idea if they were racing or not. Fact is though that the car behind him didn't have time to stop either. Did they both get distracted or do you think they may have been going too fast? I can't think of another scenario unless the SUV had no lights on or suddenly pulled out in front of the bike.

MMDad

Lem Putt
Don't claim to know the facts. If he let himself be distracted while riding long enough to miss the fact he was coming up on a car I would say that just isn't terribly bright wouldn't you? I have no idea if they were racing or not. Fact is though that the car behind him didn't have time to stop either. Did they both get distracted or do you think they may have been going too fast? I can't think of another scenario unless the SUV had no lights on or suddenly pulled out in front of the bike.

By what I've read, I do agree that somebody probably did something incredibly stupid. I am in no way defending the person(s) who caused the crash. My only point is that Stinkpen's comment was right in line with her normal negative, hateful, biatchy self.

By what I've read, I do agree that somebody probably did something incredibly stupid. I am in no way defending the person(s) who caused the crash. My only point is that Stinkpen's comment was right in line with her normal negative, hateful, biatchy self.

Gotcha.