• Love

Votes: 43 70.5%
  • Money

Votes: 18 29.5%

• Total voters
J

julz20684

virgovictoria said:
"Things" never quite nurture the soul like the love of someone who gives you a million kisses every day, or rub your feet in the morning before leaving as a gentle way of waking you, or bring you coffee in bed as a thoughtful gesture time and time again. Or make you feel safe and secure when you're scared.

There was a time when I probably could've gone either way, or more towards money, but not now.

How lucky for you!

W

Wenchy

I just want to be able to pay my bills, but I don't need a large house or bling.

Financial difficulties are the #1 reason for divorce.

Love doesn't stick around for very long when you're struggling to make ends meet, unless both are fine and used to living less than modestly, and there are no children to worry about.

I need both love and money.

bresamil

wandering aimlessly

The Love vs. Money Test
(How would you answer these simple little questions?)

1. Would you ask your fiancée to sign a pre-nuptial agreement?
I guess that would depend on where we both were financially and what the terms were.

2. You've been dating someone for almost a year when you find out they are heavily in debt. Would you end the relationship?
Maybe not, but why would I not know this? I'm pretty nosy, so I'd have it figured out in waaayyy less than a year.

3. Your spouse cheats on you and, to make up for it, buys you a new Mercedes. Do you forgive them?
No. But I'm keeping the car.

4. Would you support your partner if they were a struggling artist?
Right now I'd say no, because I'm supporting three kids and can't take on any additional burdens. In the future, if I thought they REALLY had talent, maybe.

5. If you are being set up on a blind date, do you:

Ask what they do for a living after you've accepted.

6. Would you refuse a date with someone if they didn't have a car?
Depends on why they don't have a car.

7. If married, would you have separate checking accounts?
Yes. At this stage in my life, definitely.

8. Is the size of the engagement ring important?
Size of diamond? No. Sized to fit my finger? yes.

9. Would you refuse to go out with a fast food clerk?
How much of a discount would I get? :lmao: Not if it was their only job, no.

10.Would you marry a 90-year-old billionaire?
Ew. I just realized that if I was 80 this might not be so gross - so yeah if I was 80 or older.

You tell me-money or love??!!!

Last edited:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
The Love vs. Money Test

Absolutely not. If I'm loaded and don't trust you enough and vice versa we shouldn't be getting married.

2. You've been dating someone for almost a year when you find out they are heavily in debt. Would you end the relationship?
Probably with the exception that it was unavoidable circumstances but the fact that I had to "find out" about it would rub me the wrong way.

3. Your spouse cheats on you and, to make up for it, buys you a new Mercedes. Do you forgive them?
Spouse = I'm married. If he's got the money to buy me a benz for cheating than the bastard better have bought me one before he cheated.

Tough but I doubt it simply for the fact that I don't really like the artsy farsy type. If they were in school or something else I could relate to than I could probably tolerate it for a while.

Ask first. It may be a total turn off and why waste my time or his?

Depends on why they don't have a car. If they lived in the city and didn't need one that's fine. If they live with mommy and daddy still and don't work; that's a different story.

Yes and no. 3 accounts, one joint for "family" bills and we'd each have a personal account.

Somewhat. If he's loaded and cheap or self serving it's an issue if he can't afford much that's another thing.

Yes. Apparently they don't have much ambition which is very different from myself and we'd probably not get along.

Hell yes. This is a win/win situation. At 90 years old even with medical intervention I'm fairly sure he won't be able to get it up or perform. If he wants to marry me it's certainly not because of my winning personality. He gets his arms candy and dies a happy man; I get the money when he kicks it or at least have a ton of fun while he's still alive. I love old people. I use to sit and talk to my great grandmother for hours on end. Like I said before win/win! :yay:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
BlackSheep said:

The Love vs. Money Test

If I were rich enough to need a pre-nup, I'd probably marry a new person every year (like other rich people seem to do). So yes, they'd be signing a pre-nup.

No - I just wouldn't marry them.

Sure - since it's a gift, it can't be considered marital property and won't be included in the settlement.

Please. Like I'd date an artist. :rolleyes:

Insist on knowing what they do for a living before accepting
Ask what they do for a living after you've accepted.
Agree to the date-no questions asked.
I wouldn't go on a blind date at all.

Yes, unless they were sending their private plane for me so I could meet them in the Bahamas.

My spouse and I already have separate checking accounts.

Nope - I'd rather have the money.

Yes, considering most fast food clerks are teenagers.

Only if he were childless.

You tell me-money or love??!!!
:jet:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
signora said:
Good person meaning - you’re compatible, etc. w/them, but you overlook them because they don't have the right qualifications that you want (e.g, physical appearance, job, education, etc.).
All those things are part of the package. Which is not to say that he has to be 100% in all aspects - 90% is a keeper, as long as there are no fatal flaws. Chewing with your mouth open is a fatal flaw, even if you're 100% in every other aspect.

Fatal flaw puts you back down to 0%.

B

Bronwyn

Me and my hubby were both dirt poor when we first met. So I can say honestly that it was love! :huggy:

signora

vraiblonde said:
All those things are part of the package. Which is not to say that he has to be 100% in all aspects - 90% is a keeper, as long as there are no fatal flaws. Chewing with your mouth open is a fatal flaw, even if you're 100% in every other aspect.

Fatal flaw puts you back down to 0%.

Chewing w/mouth open or hearing them chew is a pet peeve of mine. It is a flaw, but it's something you can tell them about and hopefully they would be willing to change that habit.

Pete

Repete
Can a guy take this test?

Lets see

The Love vs. Money Test

Yup, I have a kid to raise, I cannot afford to be broke again.

Yup, I have a kid to raise and I enjoy my standard of living, I cannot take on someone elses massive debt nor do I want to. If of course it was something totally out of their control like huge hospital bills form an unexpected illness or something that might be different, but probably not because they kept it secret for a year.

3. Your spouse cheats on you and, to make up for it, buys you a new Harley. Do you forgive them?
Nope trust is the most important issue. If you move yourself outside of "Pete's circle of trust" re-entry is nearly impossible.

Ahhh no. I am not artsy and therefore I cannot appreciate the need to pursue a dream like that.

Insist on knowing what they do for a living before accepting Ding, information is power, I am not into being weak.

Yes, I cannot fathom that.

Absofreakingloooooootly

Nope, not at all. :lol:

Yes

Nope. I may sound money focused but I am focused on mine, not someone elses. I do have principles.

Vince

Pete said:
Can a guy take this test?

Lets see

The Love vs. Money Test

Yup, I have a kid to raise, I cannot afford to be broke again.

Yup, I have a kid to raise and I enjoy my standard of living, I cannot take on someone elses massive debt nor do I want to. If of course it was something totally out of their control like huge hospital bills form an unexpected illness or something that might be different, but probably not because they kept it secret for a year.

3. Your spouse cheats on you and, to make up for it, buys you a new Harley. Do you forgive them?
Nope trust is the most important issue. If you move yourself outside of "Pete's circle of trust" re-entry is nearly impossible.

Ahhh no. I am not artsy and therefore I cannot appreciate the need to pursue a dream like that.

Insist on knowing what they do for a living before accepting Ding, information is power, I am not into being weak.

Yes, I cannot fathom that.

Absofreakingloooooootly

Nope, not at all. :lol:

Yes

Nope. I may sound money focused but I am focused on mine, not someone elses. I do have principles.
Guess I don't have to take the test. Pete put all my answers down for me. Except number 3. Change "nearly impossible" to "impossible."

J

julz20684

I really think these guys should stay OUT of the ladies room. :razz:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
I think the answers to this little questionnaire depend on where you are in your life now...what you've experienced, etc.

I'm guess I'm with Pete and Vrai.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
bresamil said:
After careful comparison against those females that took this test, I'd say you're most compatible with Vrai. Big surprise, not. :lmao:
This is going to sound mean, even though I don't intend for it to:

Most women are suckers.

I don't know if it's genetic or societal expectations or what, but women are more tolerant of a guy's flaws than guys are about women's flaws. A woman will date a man who is fat, stupid, obnoxious, picks his teeth, is unemployed, is ugly, cheats on her, treats her like crap, etc etc etc.

Men will refuse to date a woman simply because she's not "hot" enough.

When was the last time you saw a fat, ugly, stupid woman with a gorgeous trophy husband? Yet gorgeous women with some troll guy are so cliche they're not even worth commenting on.

The ONLY exception (and you all can scream to high heaven, but it's the truth) is nasty white women dating a drool-worthy black man. What's up with that? I swear, every time I see a black/white couple, he's a hottie and a half, and she's a surly pig.