Mail Fraud - Stolen Checks!

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Hold on a sec.....

Hi, I'm Sneaker's friend, and this is not Sneakers saying this. I hereby state that it was I and only I that perpetrated this violation of the Bell Telephone System. And Sneakers was not involved in any way.
Signed,
Sneaker's Friend.

There.... SEE!?!?! Proof it wasn't me.
Well shoot...hard to refute that.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Hold on a sec.....

Hi, I'm Sneaker's friend, and this is not Sneakers saying this. I hereby state that it was I and only I that perpetrated this violation of the Bell Telephone System. And Sneakers was not involved in any way.
Signed,
Sneaker's Friend.

There.... SEE!?!?! Proof it wasn't me.
This needs to be notarized and witnessed by Juan Epstein’s mother.

TPD

the poor dad
Speaking of the “new” post office - the mailing address for the hardware store is a PO box. Our vendors have our shipping address which of course is our physical address, not the same as a PO Box. Occasionally vendors will ship via USPS and by damned the post office will return to sender because it doesn’t have our PO Box address. Ridge is a small post office and they know who we are but will still return to sender - pisses me off! My mother worked for more than 20 years in the post office and always did whatever it took to get the mail to the intended receiver. A lot of these temp USPS employees don’t give a damn now and do the minimum to get a paycheck. I can assure you SMC PO is not the same since @my-thyme retired, just like a lot of our other local offices who no longer have a real permanent postmaster.

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
PO Box----
Physical Address
City, state, zip

Only works if physical address is in the same city as the PO Box.

my-thyme

Patron
I spent years telling my customers that I would not always be there, and they needed to fix addresses. Some listened, some didn't.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Speaking of the “new” post office - the mailing address for the hardware store is a PO box. Our vendors have our shipping address which of course is our physical address, not the same as a PO Box. Occasionally vendors will ship via USPS and by damned the post office will return to sender because it doesn’t have our PO Box address. Ridge is a small post office and they know who we are but will still return to sender - pisses me off! My mother worked for more than 20 years in the post office and always did whatever it took to get the mail to the intended receiver. A lot of these temp USPS employees don’t give a damn now and do the minimum to get a paycheck. I can assure you SMC PO is not the same since @my-thyme retired, just like a lot of our other local offices who no longer have a real permanent postmaster.
We fought the same battle, even pointing out to the local supervisory idiot that written USPS policy is to have postmasters deliver the mail if they know who its supposed to go to. But no...local supervisor demanded that all postmasters return mail addressed to physical address...even going so far as to show up after hours at our PO and go through PO boxes, pulling out mail that was addressed to physical address!! Talk about supremely petty and immature!

We eventually gave up and installed a mail box at the end of the driveway. That forced their hand as well as added to the delivery driver's workload because we receive a LOT of packages. Packages that would otherwise have waited at the PO for us to pick up ourselves.

TPD

the poor dad
We fought the same battle, even pointing out to the local supervisory idiot that written USPS policy is to have postmasters deliver the mail if they know who its supposed to go to. But no...local supervisor demanded that all postmasters return mail addressed to physical address...even going so far as to show up after hours at our PO and go through PO boxes, pulling out mail that was addressed to physical address!! Talk about supremely petty and immature!

We eventually gave up and installed a mail box at the end of the driveway. That forced their hand as well as added to the delivery driver's workload because we receive a LOT of packages. Packages that would otherwise have waited at the PO for us to pick up ourselves.
Wow that is petty on the POs part. This ain’t your momma’s post office any longer.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Wow that is petty on the POs part. This ain’t your momma’s post office any longer.
I miss the PM we had back in the 90s. Ole Fred knew everyone in the neighborhood and took great care with our mail.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
PO Box----
Physical Address
City, state, zip

Only works if physical address is in the same city as the PO Box.
Many of our suppliers and other entities that we routinely deal with in our business cannot use or ship to a PO box address and cannot "support" dual addressing (PO Box and physical address both) in their commerce software. Simple fact. But as I mentioned above, we put up a mailbox to end the issue that way. We didn't want a mailbox, and still don't. Not remotely secure compared to having our packages and other mail waiting for us in the safety of the Post Office.....

That all said, we have a delivery driver that's a young lad willing to go the extra. He brings many of the packages all the way to the receiving entrance to our shop rather than leave a yellow slip in the mailbox. He rolled in with a flat tire a month ago - big old screw in it - and we fixed it for him right there and he was most appreciative. I hope he sticks around.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
after what’s transpired over the last 6 months, I don’t think we can call the postal service safe any longer....
There is that...LOL....but I'm pretty sure that nothing is being stolen at our local PO.

Pretty sure.

:duh:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Try zip code+box number, adding 0's at the beginning of the box # to equal 4 digits.

20686-0001 for PO Box 1. Supposed to be universally accepted.
With the hundreds of entities we deal with that we would have had to try and implement that, I took the lazier way out and just installed a daggone mailbox. I'm sure yr right...it probably would have worked.

my-thyme

Patron
our packages and other mail waiting for us in the safety of the Post Office.....Office....
Don't even get me started on bad weather. I don't want my mail sitting in my roadside mailbox during a snow storm, have a plow smack it and send my mail everywhere. And my box is not weatherproof enough for a near-hurricane. They start calling for rough weather, I follow their instructions, go online, and put my mail on hold for three days. I want my mail safe, warm, and dry in the office. Picking up the next day is seldom a problem.

And the mail carrier really doesn't need to be out there, so I give him at least one less stop.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Oh it may not be temp USPS employees. The Valley Lee PO oversees Piney Point, Tall Timbers, and Drayden. The old Postmaster at VL was a stickler for the rules, and would give the agent at Piney Point crap for not sending packages back. Things became much better when she moved to another local PO.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
The old Postmaster at VL was a stickler for the rules, and would give the agent at Piney Point crap for not sending packages back. Things became much better when she moved to another local PO.
"Funny" fact though: Jack Russell got involved (his mail being affected by the returnomania queen like the rest of ours) and found written quidance in a USPS document that very clearly stated that if a postmaster received mail that was not clearly marked or contained addressing errors, but knew who it was intended for, they were obligated to place that mail accordingly. The Valley Lee boss was simply being an obtuse and petty moron and didn't give two squats about service.

black dog

Free America
For your consideration ...

Convenience .......... brings consequences. Also known as laziness.
I use Navy Federal, not one branch in Indiana.
A few credit unions I can make deposits, 20-30 miles away. I can watch tv and do it with my phone.
Like Gilligan said, 3 yrs ago we had five brick and mortar banks here. We now have two.