Man tased 11 times, including his twig and berries

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...
And they are also taught to uphold the laws of the jurisdiction they monitor.

Exactly. "Police", are enforcers of the corporation's, city, town, sometimes a County, etc., rules. With secondary enforcement of County and State laws. One only need to look at the resent failed attempt to incorporate Lusby. The only reason the proponents had in wanting to create and having a police force, was to enforce the municipality's rules. To punish and to get those deemed a nuisance in line. In addition to writing tickets, fining those failing to live up to draconian orders of the one way minded boards, to fill the coffers.

black dog

Free America
And they are also taught to uphold the laws of the jurisdiction they monitor. And they are not the judge, they only present their interpretation of the issue to a judge for his/her opinion. And the public has begged for changes in how they do business. Please dont pick little johnny out off the crowd because he wears a burka. Please dont use a gun, use a baton. Please dont use a baton, use a taser because its less hurtful. Oh wait, we didn’t know people flop around like a fish out of water when they get tased, dont do that. Please dont use skin color on air, dont call out number one or two male/female someone may get offended.
So if the public wasn’t taugh to rely on the po-po, we wouldn’t have them. The public has been taught not to do things for yourself, call someone from the government. 911 was brought about because people complained they couldn’t remember the number to call. Now they complain because the right services aren’t rendered quickly enough. Complaint upon complaint gets filed because it wasn’t done the way they wanted it.

IMO, I have 0 clue why anyone would try to do the job of a sworn officer (deputy/police/Marshall etc) the public wants them to do.
What law was the officer upholding with the passenger?

nutz

What law was the officer upholding with the passenger?
Hard to say from the brief video presented. A presumption could be made that the suspect was being questioned under reasonable suspicion. We would also have to note that at no time did the suspect ask if he was free to go.

Chris0nllyn

Hard to say from the brief video presented. A presumption could be made that the suspect was being questioned under reasonable suspicion. We would also have to note that at no time did the suspect ask if he was free to go.

Your response makes a bit more sense now. Not that I quite understand your stance that citizens calling the government is a bad thing, yet agree with the government's actions here. Anyway, not sure which video you're talking about when you say "brief video presented" as I posted 2 videos. One that the police released at first, and finally the body camera footage of the entire incident.

The passenger was not being questioned under reasonable suspicion because it was a traffic stop and he wasn't driving. This info was in the very first link in the story.
He can ask if is free to go all he wants but passengers are "seized" by a traffic stop and can't simply leave. Also, t courts have ruled that the test for determining whether a person is seized is whether a reasonable person would feel free to leave under the circumstances, not just asking. You probably consider yourself a reasonable person. Do you think you can get out of the car and walk away if you were a passenger in a car that got pulled over?

black dog

Free America
Reasonable
Suspicion of doing what? Telling Officer Mao No? Thats when Officer Mao changed his attitude.
We aren't required to carry papers unless we are driving the vehicle.

nutz

Reasonable

Suspicion of doing what? Telling Officer Mao No? Thats when Officer Mao changed his attitude.
We aren't required to carry papers unless we are driving the vehicle.
What stops officer Mao no from asking for ID? 0 Who but officer mao no knows (from the video) what reasonable suspicion he had?
You all feel free to mouth off and be uncooperative. Maybe, just maybe, Ill get to see a video of you doing the electric dance.

nutz

Your response makes a bit more sense now. Not that I quite understand your stance that citizens calling the government is a bad thing, yet agree with the government's actions here. Anyway, not sure which video you're talking about when you say "brief video presented" as I posted 2 videos. One that the police released at first, and finally the body camera footage of the entire incident.

The passenger was not being questioned under reasonable suspicion because it was a traffic stop and he wasn't driving. This info was in the very first link in the story.
He can ask if is free to go all he wants but passengers are "seized" by a traffic stop and can't simply leave. Also, t courts have ruled that the test for determining whether a person is seized is whether a reasonable person would feel free to leave under the circumstances, not just asking. You probably consider yourself a reasonable person. Do you think you can get out of the car and walk away if you were a passenger in a car that got pulled over?

I know that, as a passenger, I can walk away if (when) the officer tells me I am free to go.

black dog

Free America
What stops officer Mao no from asking for ID? 0 Who but officer mao no knows (from the video) what reasonable suspicion he had?
You all feel free to mouth off and be uncooperative. Maybe, just maybe, Ill get to see a video of you doing the electric dance.
I believe it would have had a different turn out if Officer Mao had relayed his reason of articular suspicion to the said passenger.
Officer Mao knows the law, and hes educated on how to get you to rat on yourself.
He starts with being your friend and asking for your papers and of course hes telling you that you have nothing to hide in your auto, so its not a problem for me to search it " Right " you have nothing to hide.. It matters not for if you say No, hes already called for a K9 to arrive on the
stop,
Officer Mao's dont like being told No.. I have told Officers Mao's that I have come in to contact with in my life "No", and I have been pushed around, threatened, harassed while being pulled over, but never have I been give the electric pony ride.

Keep the Miranda words in your thoughts, the best ones are, Anything you say, CAN AND WILL BE USED AGAINST YOU...

We as citizens have allowed these actions to get way out of hand.

Chris0nllyn

The reason for the stop was "turn signal" as stated by the officer on his body cam footage and in his report.

Except, the cops came from the opposite side of the parking lot and the controlling officer went straight to the passenger side first.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I can't wait until Chris gets his way and law enforcement is abolished. Total anarchy, no laws, just a free for all without the mean old po-po bothering people.

:yahoo:

Chris0nllyn

I can't wait until Chris gets his way and law enforcement is abolished. Total anarchy, no laws, just a free for all without the mean old po-po bothering people.

Too bad the story isn't about the FBI. Then you'd be all in.

I wouldn't trust the FBI to investigate their own belly button lint. It's already been proven that they will say what is politically expedient, regardless of the truth.

It shouldn't surprise anyone that the FBI is corrupt. We've only been watching it play out in every single news outlet every single day for the last year and a half.

You know, I always thought of the FBI as elite. The cream of the law enforcement crop. In the last year they have been exposed as a bunch of dumbasses who don't have enough judgement or smarts to be allowed outdoors unsupervised. Those texts between Strzok and Page read like something out of middle school. So shockingly immature and ignorant I thought for sure they were just two coffee-getters, but nope - they are senior agents. Freaking Comey with his snark and book peddling. Toady suckup McCabe, lying his ass off like some kindergartner. And now this moron.

WTH, FBI???

It's like Trump pulled back the carpet to show the rotting wood and larva that was destroying the floor.
The FBI will find what the politicians tell them to find. At this point it's pretty clear both parties want to destroy our country - loot and pillage just like in the good old days. And it's not like the FBI is some bastion of justice and integrity.

Watch and see.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Anarchy? Highly doubt it. If the "enforcers" were to just stick to common law violations, rather than the hundreds of thousands of let's-make-all-criminals-overnight-laws, then there would be no issue. As it is, millions and millions and millions of people get along everyday without any problems. If an interaction/incident does occur between another person, many many times, most often, an issue is taken care of without the need of an "enforcer".

TCROW

Why do you always stand up straw men?

Anarchy doesn’t mean “no laws”. Look up the root of the word.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Anarchy doesn’t mean “no laws”. Look up the root of the word.

a state of disorder due to absence or nonrecognition of authority.

"he must ensure public order in a country threatened with anarchy"

synonyms:lawlessness, absence of government, nihilism, mobocracy, revolution, insurrection, riot, rebellion, mutiny, disorder, disorganization, misrule, chaos, tumult, turmoil, mayhem, pandemonium

TCROW

a state of disorder due to absence or nonrecognition of authority.

"he must ensure public order in a country threatened with anarchy"

synonyms:lawlessness, absence of government, nihilism, mobocracy, revolution, insurrection, riot, rebellion, mutiny, disorder, disorganization, misrule, chaos, tumult, turmoil, mayhem, pandemonium

Exactly. It doesn’t mean “no laws”. Thanks for the assist!