Mandatory cervical cancer vaccine

Should there be a Mandatory cervical cancer vaccine for girls?

• Yes

Votes: 35 47.3%
  • No

Votes: 39 52.7%

• Total voters

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Mom2threebabies said:
What if your daughter ends up being #8 on the VAERS web site? How would you feel then...
I'd be pretty damn surprised, seeing as how I have no daughter to speak of. I still don't believe your statement that vaccines kill more than they save. I find that very hard to believe, and you have no evidence to support it. Furthermore, it's impossible to prove. How can you document on paper the number of people saved from a disease they never contracted, because they were vaccinated against it?

W

Wenchy

Mom2threebabies said:
It's a personal decision that should be researched and not taken lightly just because we are all told we should vaccinate for everything!

I agree with that completely. There is a lot of information out there for us and we need to take it all into consideration.

Christy

b*tch rocket
Wenchy said:
I agree with that completely. There is a lot of information out there for us and we need to take it all into consideration.

Werd. :yay:

It's not always a black and white issue, and I think it should be a personal decision. It's not like HPV is going to fly off someone when they cough and infect your child. I prefer to wait until there are more studies as far as any long term side effects.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Gwendolyn said:
I *had* to get my kid vaccinated for chicken pox before she was allowed in a public school. (It was PA I duno about this state) Now chicken pox isn't nearly as dangerous as cervical cancer but they made me do it anyway.
You weren't forced to get that vaccine, you chose to.

You could have home schooled if you really didn't want the vaccine. However, that vaccination really isn't much of a bother to get if you want your children in a public institution.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Mom2threebabies said:
There is an exemption in every state (2 in MD) in order to enroll your child in a public school. You don't have to homeschool in order not to vaccinate. That is a misconception.
I agree NOBODY can force you to vaccinate EVER nor deny you public school entrance if you don't. If they say it's the law, they are lying.
Do you have any credible source to back this claim up or is this another Barney Fife statement?

sockgirl77

BuddyLee said:
Do you have any credible source to back this claim up or is this another Barney Fife statement?
She's actually right about this one. There is a religious opt out clause in the policy somewhere.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Mom2threebabies said:
That statement coming from a "ghost Buster" :lmao:

I have posted links but nobody cares to check them out and insists on bashing me for their own ignorance
I didn't know for I am but a mere ghost buster. One who seeks truth in deconstructing every possible aspect of an instance in time before claiming it as 'unknown'.

Learn something everyday.

sockgirl77

Mom2threebabies said:
That statement coming from a "ghost Buster" :lmao:

I have posted links but nobody cares to check them out and insists on bashing me for their own ignorance
Ghosts aren't the only thing he likes to bust. :biggrin:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
BuddyLee said:
I didn't know for I am but a mere ghost buster. One who seeks truth in deconstructing every possible aspect of an instance in time before claiming it as 'unknown'.

Learn something everyday.
:howdy: stranger!

BuddyLee

Football addict
Wenchy said:
The girl/mother who decided not to get a vaccine is now a ghost, but she died in her mother's arms. I still blame the hospital for not treating her for presenting symptoms.

http://www.iup.edu/healthcenter/meningococcal%20vaccination%20law.htm

At least they still had a choice...a decision. I think we become less human when we're left in a world without personal responsibility and individual decision making. I know I don't want my government making every decision for my family and I.

I really don't have an issue with the vaccine per se. My problem is with it being mandatory.