Marrying within your own race

Do you believe people should marry within own race

• Yes, it's just better that way

Votes: 38 31.9%
  • Well, generally yes but there are a few races I could accept in my family

Votes: 6 5.0%
  • No, people should be able to marry anyone they love

Votes: 55 46.2%
  • Heck, I don't care if they marry within another species or marry an alien from outer space

Votes: 20 16.8%

• Total voters

bcp

In My Opinion
Good for them.
Maybe because your family is grotesque? :shrug:
I don't know for sure.
Not trying to be mean, just trying to help YOU figure out why...
I'm glad you can say that you are 100% whatever you are (evil/atrocious/heinous)..
But are you sure that no one tip-toed in a cabin once or twice a few hundred years ago?? :whistle:
I don’t know…just asking..
see, there you go with your assholics again,
have I actually insulted anyones family? no.
but you feel the need to accuse me of being a child murderer, and of coming from a grotesque family?

and Im the one with the problem here. :killingme:

yankee44

That is nice! There are good and bad in all races...

Could have not said better myself!!!!

I once was engaged to a black girl, but ended up married to a Hispanic/Britt. And some people think I am one of the biggest "rednecks" there is.

Love is Love and it comes in all shapes sizes and colors.

Or (colours) for you Britts :killingme

Sula

WDF. So worth the wait.
I am interracial and as a young child grew up in a very very small town surrounded by white people. I was 8 before I ever saw a black person other than my own father. Looking back I know that some people in my mother's family were disgusted by the fact that she would dare "breed" with a black man. Of course, I can't say that my mother loving and having children with a black man has damaged my psyche. I can say, without a doubt, that others disapproval of that has.
Moving into the "big world" was an interesting change. I had black friends and white friends. No one cared. I have found that the minority groups are much quicker at picking up on the fact that I am mixed. When I am asked about my ethnic background, it is a question that comes from a white person about 90% of the time.
My experience has been that those who turn out to be the most racist feel a need to classify. In Texas, racists assumed I was Mexican. In Florida, I was Cuban.
I have lived and spent a lot of time in the deep south and for me the racism there is much easier to deal with then it is here in somd. There people believe what they believe and their is no question to there opinions on race. Here it is covert. It lies beneath the surface and comes out unexpectedly.

It all seems pretty simple to me. If you have a problem with interracial marriage because of how it affects the children or any other asinine reason, assume that you are the cause of that problem. When those with problems with it stop having a problem there won't be a problem.

Last edited:

frozenrain

::huggy:

I once was engaged to a black girl, but ended up married to a Hispanic/Britt. And some people think I am one of the biggest "rednecks" there is.

That is nice to hear :huggy:

I am interracial and as a young child grew up in a very very small town surrounded by white people. I was 8 before I ever saw a black person other than my own father. Looking back I know that some people in my mother's family were disgusted by the fact that she would dare "breed" with a black man. Of course, I can't say that my mother loving and having children with a black man has damaged my psyche. I can say, without a doubt, that others disapproval of that has.
Moving into the "big world" was an interesting change. I had black friends and white friends. No one cared. I have found that the minority groups are much quicker at picking up on the fact that I am mixed. When I am asked about my ethnic background, it is a question that comes from a white person about 90% of the time.
My experience has been that those who turn out to be the most racist feel a need to classify. In Texas, racists assumed I was Mexican. In Florida, I was Cuban.
I have lived and spent a lot of time in the deep south and for me the racism there is much easier to deal with then it is here in somd. There people believe what they believe and their is no question to there opinions on race. Here it is covert. It lies beneath the surface and comes out unexpectedly.

It all seems pretty simple to me. If marriage because of how it affects the children or any other asinine reason, assume that you are the cause of that problem. When those with problems with it stop having a problem there won't be a problem.

very wise words.Very interesting reading your experience.

sunmoonstars

see, there you go with your assholics again,
have I actually insulted anyones family? no.YES
but you feel the need to accuse me of being a child murderer, and of coming from a grotesque family?

and Im the one with the problem here. :killingme:

When you talk about how much you don't like black people or African Americans you are talking about someone’s family. Why do you think that there are people upset at you?
Personally I'm laughing at your ignorance..
I choose to poke fun at you.....:poke: Like you have done others.
That is the American way. :patriot:

sunmoonstars

:yay:
:dye:

sunmoonstars

If you have a problem with interracial marriage because of how it affects the children or any other asinine reason, assume that you are the cause of that problem. When those with problems with it stop having a problem there won't be a problem.

LateApex

It all seems pretty simple to me. If you have a problem with interracial marriage because of how it affects the children or any other asinine reason, assume that you are the cause of that problem. When those with problems with it stop having a problem there won't be a problem.

I didn't know what racism was until I moved to good ole st mary's county.

bcp

In My Opinion
When you talk about how much you don't like black people or African Americans you are talking about someone’s family. Why do you think that there are people upset at you?
Personally I'm laughing at your ignorance..
I choose to poke fun at you.....:poke: Like you have done others.
That is the American way. :patriot:
your ignorance runs deep.
please point out where I said I dont like african americans.

wanting ones family to resemble the family so to speak is not equal to wanting to string up those that dont look the same.

personally, Im getting the idea that you just really might be too damn stupid to grasp this theory.

Pete

Repete
I didn't know what racism was until I moved to good ole st mary's county.

I've live many places and there is always some degree of racism, even if it is subtle.

I remember as a young chap driving cross country to California from GA to my first duty station and stopping in Arizona. I went to a laundry mat to wash some clothes and there was an Indian......uh I mean Native American family in there. I thought it was cool because I have never really met an Indian....uh I mean Native American so I was chatting it up with them because I was curious. After about an hour they left and I went next door to a bar and a guy said "Saw you over there talking to those nasty Indians, hope you held on to your wallet." Funny because he was sitting there with his pal who was a black guy.

sunmoonstars

your ignorance runs deep.
please point out where I said I dont like african americans.

wanting ones family to resemble the family so to speak is not equal to wanting to string up those that dont look the same.

personally, Im getting the idea that you just really might be too damn stupid to grasp this theory.

I have a few examples...:coffee:

I come from a long long lineage of Norwegian peoples.
dark has little place at the family gatherings.
all we are missing at the reunion is the hood and the cross.

And another....:coffee:
Forgive me. Im white. Havent been keeping up on the ghetto image. will promise to do better in the future.
but,, how come I still see all the iced escalades with the spinners on them? did someone fail to tell the brothers in question that they are retro?
OH NO! is this another...:cds:

Im sure he can afford a royal pipe holder.
its part of his community outreach program putting his people back to work.

Gee I think this is a pattern here...:smack:
or maybe, while smoking crack in africa, he had sex with a tree dwelling primate and contracted the AIDs virus?

Hummm NOT AGAIN!!:jerry:
If you have the nerve to fight a herd of those spandex clad DC dwelling Wal-Mart shoppers in a sale frenzy the day the gubmint check comes in,,, you will have no problem with a woolly mammoth.

Another one of your slick remarks...:bigwhoop:
damn,
I was wondering where those chicken wing bones came from.
I thought I was victim of fowl play. did you do the floor in reverse then shove it in drive trick?

All I have seen from you is Hate. And you tell me that My ignorance runs deep?
History has shown me. That YOU have a problem.
Admit it and stop trying to deny it. Be true to yourself.

Attachments

• 3ks.jpg
    3ks.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 64

LateApex

I have a few examples...:coffee:

And another....:coffee:

OH NO! is this another...:cds:

Gee I think this is a pattern here...:smack:

Hummm NOT AGAIN!!:jerry:

Another one of your slick remarks...:bigwhoop:

All I have seen from you is Hate. And you tell me that My ignorance runs deep?
History has shown me. That YOU have a problem.
Admit it and stop trying to deny it. Be true to yourself.

Ouch.

That's the covert racism around here.

They all claim they aren't, but let it slip out once and a while.

This forum is full of people like that.

This_person

:confused: So, if I think there's nothing wrong with interracial marriage (and, I think there's nothing wrong with interracial marriage), but I do think it's not responsible of the parents because their children are very likely to be attacked needlessly, I'm the problem.

I don't let my kids walk on a firing range either. Knowing they're likely to get shot must make me a problem......