Mask Report

HGMilstead

When/where did that ever happen?

at pediatric chemotherapy treatment centers for one. I and others were asked to wear a mask in a NICU (visiting family) a few years ago. one hospice care worker suggested that I and other visitors wear a full mask and gown (though this instance was, from what I understood, more to protect us I think).

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Also:

and for what, exactly? why are you and others just ignoring people like this? why are you getting butt hurt over signs telling you some employees may be high risk? why are you refusing to consider the difficult situation of others and insisting that they just stay home? all because of a fear of “fascist / Marxist government overreach” in being told to wear a piece of cloth over your face?

You people are so indoctrinated you don't even hear yourselves.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
at pediatric chemotherapy treatment centers for one. I and others were asked to wear a mask in a NICU (visiting family) a few years ago. one hospice care worker suggested that I and other visitors wear a full mask and gown (though this instance was, from what I understood, more to protect us I think).
So unless someone asks you to wear one, you don't care about them and you selfishly hope they die?

HGMilstead

It's painful to have to point this out, but there has always - always - been buggies in our environment. Roughly 40,000 people die every year from seasonal flu and always have. Not covid, now, but the normal boring flu.

Immunocompromised people have always been at risk, so why do we have to mask up for them now? Were they not important before covid?

I am honestly shocked that you or others need this spelled out.

Good for you, Special K. Your opinion has been duly noted. :yawn:

thanks for the bio lesson. you know what? you’ve changed my mind entirely. Thank you.

we should not have even considered taking extra care when a new virus was spreading. I now agree and see the error of my ways. We should have said “too bad immunocompromised! You deal with other health risks and this potential new one is one we don’t want to treat with caution — wearing a mask is too burdensome and hurts my feelings too much. So deal with this thing too whether or not it’s a big deal.”

I retract all of my previous positions and am now falling in line with you. Thank you for your education and support.

HGMilstead

Oh right. What was I thinking??..those are everywhere. In fact, there is one in the back of the Ridge Hardware store if my recollection serves me.

you are correct. The next time I am fortunate enough to visit one I will instead voice my American spirit and refuse to comply with such fascist nonsense. Thank you for changing my mind.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
thanks for the bio lesson. you know what? you’ve changed my mind entirely. Thank you.

we should not have even considered taking extra care when a new virus was spreading. I now agree and see the error of my ways. We should have said “too bad immunocompromised! You deal with other health risks and this potential new one is one we don’t want to treat with caution — wearing a mask is too burdensome and hurts my feelings too much. So deal with this thing too whether or not it’s a big deal.”

I retract all of my previous positions and am now falling in line with you. Thank you for your education and support.
Why haven't you been wearing one since birth you selfish, Neanderthal ####bag?

HGMilstead

So unless someone asks you to wear one, you don't care about them and you selfishly hope they die?

unless it’s clear to me that wearing one is potentially helpful that is correct. (With the exception of airplanes; air travel always leaves me with a cold and so I will now be masking up while riding on them whether or not I am asked to do so.)

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
you are correct. The next time I am fortunate enough to visit one I will instead voice my American spirit and refuse to comply with such fascist nonsense. Thank you for changing my mind.
Ha. It's because of selfish self-centered people like you that the pediatric chemotherapy treatment centers in the back of places like Ridge Hardware will be closed down.

HGMilstead

Ha. It's because of selfish self-centered people like you that the pediatric chemotherapy treatment centers in the back of places like Ridge Hardware will be closed down.
You are correct and I am wrong. Thank you for convincing me of this. I apologize and now agree with you.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
unless it’s clear to me that wearing one is potentially helpful that is correct. (With the exception of airplanes; air travel always leaves me with a cold and so I will now be masking up while riding on them whether or not I am asked to do so.)
You assert it is selfish NOT to wear one.

Then why haven't you worn one your entire life and continue to wear one whether someone asks you to or not?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
at pediatric chemotherapy treatment centers for one.

Well if I ever go to a pediatric chemotherapy treatment center I will be happy to wear a mask.

(though this instance was, from what I understood, more to protect us I think)

:lol:

Nope. You can't catch cancer from someone but those who are doing chemo have dramatically compromised immune systems and typically quarantine for a few days after treatment. Even after the quarantine they have to be careful, which is why you never take flowers or fruit as a present for a cancer patient.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
You got me. This is a solid argument and I can now see the error in my thinking. Thank you for correcting me.
Please answer the question.

If it isn't an issue, why have you not worn it to protect others, your entire life?

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Well if I ever go to a pediatric chemotherapy treatment center I will be happy to wear a mask.

:lol:

Nope. You can't catch cancer from someone but those who are doing chemo have dramatically compromised immune systems and typically quarantine for a few days after treatment. Even after the quarantine they have to be careful, which is why you never take flowers or fruit as a present for a cancer patient.
And he spent all that money on that Edible Arrangement delivered by that untested illegal delivery driver.

HGMilstead

Please answer the question.

If it isn't an issue, why have you not worn it to protect others, your entire life?

you are correct in raising this question. It shows an error in my previous thinking. Thank you for pointing it out.

old me would have likely said “I would respect and do my best to follow the medical recommendations made to protect folks including the immunocompromised. I have only recently been in situations where those recommendations were made (many of them pre-pandemic), but had someone at any earlier point in my life pointed out that I should take precautionary measure X to protect said people I would have; were I not able to take su fb a measure then I would have avoided being around such people so as to eliminate any potential threat.

the issue is that you claim signs informing you of others needs is an attempt at guilt and I disagree. The issue is not that I think you (or anyone) should be able to anticipate all possible precautionary measures needed to protect others.”

that’s what I would have said. But again that’s old me. New me has a better more correct understanding thanks to folks like you.